General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

R1 or CBR Fairing

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 PM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
R1 or CBR Fairing

Hey guys.. some of you probably already read my other thread about my hawk went down today.. So upgrade time, I'm not going back to the rc51 fairing I'ma go with the R1 or the cbr 600rr fairing.. I know the cbr will fit with some custom bracket.. What you guys think about the R1.. Possible???

Anyhow will put my rc51 fairing on for sale with some work it can be fix pricing will be right... so I will let yall know tuesday when the insurance people show up...
Old 05-29-2010, 09:22 AM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
Given the choices I'd probably do the CBR fairing. If I were doing it for my bike I would try to pick up the stock stuff as they came available on Ebay or do a Shark Skinz. I just really appreciate the looks of a stock SH fairing. IMHO the SH is one bike that doesn't seem to get dated over time. Kinda like a '69 Camaro. My $0.02.
Old 05-29-2010, 10:27 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
I agree Bytes, the stock superhawk fairing ages well looks wise. Most people would not guess the styling came from the mid 90's. Some of the other fairings from that era look like "that era."
Old 05-29-2010, 10:42 AM
Superstock

I agree with you guys as well. Superhawk is very uncommon i have people ask me what type of bike it is because they never seen it before.. when i did my rc51 conversion it was really confusing.. some even say i got a ducati (i wish). I have long sold my stock fairing.. so since this one is cracked i might try something new.. its just me I always want to do something with my bike and here is my chance to do a **** load.. I'm tracking some part down right now but since its holiday weekend those insurance agent are lazy **** so they didn't come out.. so all part i found is on hold.. I'm still looking for the left shifter.. I'm going with both new handle bar... pretty sure they will total the bike but not taking any chances in screwing myself.. They say they probably wont give me much, playing that game i know because mine is a 98.. I will argue until the price is right.. My Shoei they will replace.. The price tag on that helmet is pretty high..
Old 05-29-2010, 11:27 AM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
You might want to consider the billet shifter JamieDaugherty makes... looks like a nice upgrade. http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/index.html

If you are going for a customized (non-Superhawk) fairing setup, my vote would be CBR over R1... gotta at least keep it in the Honda family!
Old 05-29-2010, 11:40 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by AngryOlaf
You might want to consider the billet shifter JamieDaugherty makes... looks like a nice upgrade. http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/index.html

If you are going for a customized (non-Superhawk) fairing setup, my vote would be CBR over R1... gotta at least keep it in the Honda family!

Yup I made up my mind on the cbr fairing thanks for the comment guys appreciate it.. That look like a good upgrade i will look into contacting him on that shift lever.. hopefully its not to long cause i have small feet i wear a size 9 or 9 1/2 boot.. Welp thanks angryolaf you made my list complete on parts.. Now i have to consider having my midpipe custom made because two brother cease production on their midpipe. The fall bent my exhaust pipe against my chain and swing arm its going to be a bitch to get it straighten out.. Motor seem to be acting kinda weird so i think the damage is more than it look.. no wonder they want to total it.. according to them the repair will be well over the value of the bike so.. She even ran over my front wheel too so my rotor is bent a little and i dont know about the wheel haven't rode it. SUV on top of the front wheels.. hmm dont know..
Old 05-29-2010, 11:51 AM
Crash
Superstock

COLE is on a distinguished road
i would put a kaw. z1000 tail section on it! they ver clean lookin and a ducati or triumph front cap. or a new cbr1000 tail section, those tiny tail sections look good