General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 09:25 AM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags

Just got my set of Corbin Beetle Bags off eBay. Looks like they were a set that were on the forum a few years back. I thought I would post some pics for those who have never seen them as I sure as had a heck of a time finding any.

They are actually in really great condition. The right one has a little rash that appears to have only gouged the gel coat. The left one had some of the fiberglass pulled out from the mounting point.

I was glad to see how sturdy these things feel. Great strong hinges for the lids. They are carpeted inside with that speaker box kinda carpet.

The locks dont have keys but I was able to find the manufacturer and a local distributer that sells the entire lock and key for 12 bucks. They are made by southco part number is 93-303. Here is the link to the part if anyone ever needs it.

http://www.southco.com/products/93-k...es/93-303.html

The mounting brackets appear to be home made but they could have come like that from corbin. I will be cleaning those up today and probably powder coating them.

I am throwing around a few ideas I may want to do with them. Debating if I want to do an LED retrofit on them, clean up the scratches and have them painted, make a quick release system for the brackets, put small LED's inside so you can see in them at night.

I only plan on using them for longer rides and will be taking them off when in town.

I have emailed corbin twice now to see if they can provide the installation instructions in PDF but now response from them. Even though they are no longer made they could at least reply.

I put a coke in one bag for size comparison. I was surprised at how much room these things actually have, I may have to measure the volume to see what kind of range I would get out of the bike if I were to convert them to aux fuel tanks lol.
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes004.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes010.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes013.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes014.jpg  
Old 05-15-2009, 09:26 AM
SuperSport

More pics
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes016.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes018.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes020.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes022.jpg  
Old 05-15-2009, 01:12 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Yeah...those don't look bad at all. New paint and a bit of glass to fix the hole and you'll be GTG. Keep an update as you go along. From looking at the mounting hardware, I don't think there is much to getting them on the bike. Someone here who has sold a set in the past few months may be able to quickly guide you on installation. Good luck!
Old 05-24-2009, 11:46 PM
SuperSport

Well things went a lot better than planned, Lazn and I had them mounted almost 10 days ago now. I cleaned up the hardware by using a grinding wheel with a wire brush attachment. Only took about 30 minutes. Made a trip to the hardware store to pic up new nuts, a few bolts and some washers. Since the bags are supposed to use stock turn signal mounts(and I cut mine off) we mounted up some small eye bolts to the undertail behind the plate that the main bar between the two bags fits through then put nuts on each side of the eye bolts.

Mounting them did take a few hours as there were minor movements we needed to make to ensure the gap between the bags and the bike were even. The part that is missing some material on the one bag still had plenty of material and seemed strong enough. We just used a 2 inch washer on the inside of the bag to help hold it together. They feel rock solid and from what Lazn said while riding behind me it looked like they were good while going over bumps.

It was a dry mount we were going to do then I would have the brackets powder coated but since the mounting took so long, I dont think these things will be coming off for a while.

I will post some pics of them mounted when I get a chance.
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes056.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes060.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes057.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bikes062.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 11:53 AM
SuperSport

I finally got a chance to take some pics so everyone can see what they look like mounted.
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7682.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7683.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7684.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7685.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 AM
SuperSport

and a few more pics
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7686.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7687.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7688.jpg   Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-img_7695.jpg  
Old 06-21-2009, 12:05 PM
Squid

holmin is on a distinguished road
Sweeet!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:10 PM
SuperSport

And these bags are now for sale. Here is the link

https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...ad.php?t=19241
Old 06-21-2009, 06:16 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
What exactly are they mounted to?
Old 06-21-2009, 08:08 PM
SuperSport

Easiest way to describe it was to supply a picture. The brackets mount on the two front circles. The rear mount is a double sided long bold that is supposed to go through the original turn signal mounts and goes into each bag. Since I cut the mud flap off and have an integrated rear light I purchased some eye bolts that are mounted into the pan under the seat right behind the license plate. This way I was able to match the original mounting location on the rear even though the bike no longer has those parts. I have run them a few 100 miles and they are rock solid. I have bottles of water, tools and clothes in them and they dont move around a bit. With the three mounting points you can tweak around with each one until you get all the lines parallel and nothing rubs. Very well designed by Corbin.
Attached Thumbnails Pics - Corbin Beetle Bags-bagmounts.jpg  
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
I can't decide if these bags are cool or hedious..
Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cat0020
that all depends.. are you the first one on the block to have them? is yes ask question 2. Q2 are you cool? is yes then the bags are cool, if no then they are hideous.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM
MLB
Back Marker

MLB is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cat0020
Cool when you need them.
Hideous when you don't.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:11 PM
Back Marker

01SuperChicken is on a distinguished road
Still have my eye out for a set of these....just missed them when you sold them yruyur.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:26 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 01SuperChicken
Still have my eye out for a set of these....just missed them when you sold them yruyur.
I have a sneaky suspicion that the guy he sold them to crashed his bike and sold it (the bike) to 7moore7 as it was that odd redish purple color and also here in Phoenix.. I don't know this to be true, but that particular set of bags may be gone forever.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:24 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
i would love to have these for some trips i plan to take.is it possible corbin would bring them back or make special orders.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:26 PM
Squid

the1bolton is on a distinguished road
I have a set that I have dropped my bike on... they just scractched. They basically acted like frame sliders for the back end. Note that it was a light fall, I fell over in my driveway from some reverse turning when my bad knee acted up.

I would try and track them down if you can't find any others. At the very least fiberglass is really easy to repair so long as the basic shape is still there.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:52 PM
Superstock

102dals is an unknown quantity at this point
yruyur,
Did you hook up the turns in the 'Bags?
Old 12-05-2015, 06:14 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
102, he hasn't posted on this forum for quite a while (oct. 2011). Not so sure you'll get a response.