General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

oxygen tank on motorcycle?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

turbotim is on a distinguished road
oxygen tank on motorcycle?

Unfortunately, my dad just found out he has lung cancer after he just bought his V-max. I've searched without much luck about what's out there for him to attach an oxygen tank to his bike. Any of you guys know anything like this out there? If not, I'll have to make something at work to attach somewhere but I want him to enjoy the things that make him happy because this isn't exactly a happy time for him. Thanks, Tim
Old 09-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Back Marker

Bluesuperhawk83 is on a distinguished road
I would think any good metal fab shop could make an aluminum tank holder that would mount in a convienent place on your dad's bike. Im not sure what the deminsions are of your fathers O2 bottle are but if they are close to the size of an NOS bottle the holder may work for your father's application. My stepfather beat lung cancer the first time around and lived another 6 healthy years. There is hope. Thoughts and prayers going out.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Thinking a short sissy bar in the back with the tank strapped to it.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:07 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RWhisen
Thinking a short sissy bar in the back with the tank strapped to it.
+1

And let your Dad know that Forum members are pulling for him to kick that big C in the ***.

Glad he's still wanting to ride, that's a good sign...positive thoughts.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:08 PM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
sorry to hear about your dad. find out what size tank he can use and get some nitrous oxide bottle brackets. you can get all sorts of different sizes for those
Old 09-26-2010, 06:20 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

Thanks for the support. He hasn't mentioned riding yet but I don't even want him to think about not being able to ride anymore and having to sell his bike. Any of you guys know how to get a benefit ride/show or something together? It helps to hear some positive stories that I could share with him. He's pretty down right now since it is the first week of finding out. No test results back yet, but pretty sure. I've been keeping a positive outlook and try to keep hope for my parents sake. It's pretty rough right now since my dad brought home most of the income. Thanks again, Tim
Old 09-26-2010, 01:04 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Ditto!

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
+1

And let your Dad know that Forum members are pulling for him to kick that big C in the ***.

Glad he's still wanting to ride, that's a good sign...positive thoughts.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

figured I'd update this

Well I've inherited a V-max now. He died 3 days before his 53rd b-day. Pretty rough for me and the family, but life has to go on. Just glad we got to ride on our new bikes this past summer. I feel lucky to have had a great relationship with him. We had some awesome times together and he was like a friend to me. I'd like to have a show/ride in his honor once the weather gets warmer if any of you guys are interested. Thanks for the support, Tim
Old 12-20-2010, 01:59 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Darn sorry to hear of your loss.

Ride on..... Both of you.

Originally Posted by notakawi
Well I've inherited a V-max now. He died 3 days before his 53rd b-day. Pretty rough for me and the family, but life has to go on. Just glad we got to ride on our new bikes this past summer. I feel lucky to have had a great relationship with him. We had some awesome times together and he was like a friend to me. I'd like to have a show/ride in his honor once the weather gets warmer if any of you guys are interested. Thanks for the support, Tim
Old 12-20-2010, 02:00 PM
SuperSport

comedo is on a distinguished road
I'm very, very sorry for your loss. He sounds like the kind of dad we'd all like to have. I'm sure you brought him as much joy as he brought you.
Old 12-20-2010, 02:12 PM
Squid

slapi01 is on a distinguished road
sorry for your loss, bud.. Thoses times riding together will forever be with you. My father is my riding partner/friend and understand how it makes ya feel. hang in there...

maybe some nice pinstripe or words on the vmax would be cool in his honor

Last edited by slapi01; 12-20-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Bad news, he's gone. Good news, he's not suffering. I lost my dad way too early to prostate cancer and the pain and suffering was unbearable. Wish he could have passed earlier.

I recommend what I do to cope. Take the great things about him and make them live in you. This is the greatest honor you can bestow.

Ride on!
Old 12-20-2010, 04:46 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear of your loss... Having your dad for a riding partner and friend is a good thing, and I think it gave you as well as him some good moments...

Best thing to do, keep riding... Bring the good memories with you... And take that bike for a spin, thinking of your dad...
Old 12-20-2010, 06:03 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
May I offer my deepest condolences, time will lessen the pain...
Old 12-20-2010, 07:05 PM
Squid

helimd is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss, Notakawi. I've spent my life as a professional pilot and have lost more friends and relatives than I can count. But, I agree with Nath981. I have applied all the great things that I learned from each one to my own work and find that it eases the pain in an unbelievable way. The group on this forum are truly great and you will be thought of daily. Good luck.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:40 AM
not-so New Member
Squid

whozit is on a distinguished road
I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My Dad has had poor health for awhile and several years ago my brother got an old Gold Wing for him to ride and the three of us took a few rides together before he finally had to stop riding altogether. Hang on tight to the memories, they are you fathers legacy and the most important things he could give to you. Put on something warm and go ride with a tank full of gas and no agenda.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:49 AM
Superstock

kmm996
Sorry for your loss. Ditto about not suffering anymore. Not that it's much consolation...
Old 12-21-2010, 08:34 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Condolences..
Nothing said can make it better, but know we feel your pain and support your moving onward and living life as he would want you to.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 AM
Squid

Meierznutz is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the loss, but I am glad that you concidered your Dad to be a friend. Too many folks don't talk or have limited relationships. I am sure he thought highly of you also.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:08 AM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
Sorry for your loss. When I first started riding my Grandfather and I used to ride together. He passed over twenty years ago, but always my first in the spring is with him...
Your dad will still be riding with you.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:25 AM
mcg
Squid

mcg is on a distinguished road
Tim I can only imagine how you feel...especially since your Dad was so young (I'm 55 and hope to be throwing my leg over my VTR for many years yet.) Honour your Dad every time you ride and by being the best you can be. Hopefully you will experience the wonderful opportunity to be a Father and share his memory and wisdom with your children.
There is a native saying which I like..."The distance from here to the Spirit World is thinner than the edge of a leaf". He isn't far away.
Take care.
Bill McG
Old 12-21-2010, 10:46 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

thanks guys