General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:32 AM
Squid

speech_dude is on a distinguished road
Obsessed

Dehydrated and sunburnt at Laguna Seca 2002. Colin Edwards drops out of the sky (literally) from the Corkscrew, back on the gas, Akrapovic in full song. I'm hooked.

Of course, it could also be withdrawals as I haven't ridden since 2000 (sold my last bike after birth of my youngest son). Bikes: '87 VFR; '93 VFR, '97 CBR919RR.

Now I'm older, back in the market and craving the V-Twin. Figured I'd introduce myself since I've been lurking since May and have seen the flames of squids who dared tried to sell their bikes here without saying "hi" first.

When I discovered "the Forum" I'd hoped to log-in, find something like inderocker's bike for $3k and ride off into the sunset. Reality has set in now, so I'll just sit back, browse and glean what wisdom I can from the veterans here. And dream.

Cheers,
Old 06-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Bytes
Back Marker

Bytes is on a distinguished road
I quit riding for a spell myself. When I decided to get back into I read stuff on this forum for about six months before pulling the trigger. The guys that regularly post on this forum pretty much sold me on the SH. I researched the hell out of it and came to the determination that the SH is by far and away the biggest bang for the buck. It's not a monster but pretty darn quick, comfortable, reliable, good looking, and most of all fun.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard. Don't get discouraged, you'd be surprised what a nice bike $3k can buy you if you're patient and look around some.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:35 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Welcome, but be advised that this is the "unofficial" Superhawk Forum.

Advice and sarcasm sometimes come in equal measure. Great group of people on here.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
Definitely some good deals on here as well as knowledgeable/ good guys. 3grand will get you on the right track for sure. Whats the fun in getting something that already has everything done anyway
Old 06-13-2010, 09:44 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
welcome aboard. put up a google alert for superhawk and vtr1000 and you'll find a lot of bikes for sale and keep you eyes on ebay and craigs list. some unbelievable bargains with thousand of upgrades.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Squid

speech_dude is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the welcome (and the google alert tip). I find advice is often more effective with a healthy dose of sarcasm - much like tequila with ... well, more tequila.
Old 06-14-2010, 07:17 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by speech_dude
Thanks for the welcome (and the google alert tip). I find advice is often more effective with a healthy dose of sarcasm - much like tequila with ... well, more tequila.
dig it! However i find that most people I encounter these days are immune to learning from advice, in fact many don't even learn when it's experienced the hard way. hahaha Most people seem to simply rationalize according to the outcome they prefer.