General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Nooooooooooooo!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
Angry Nooooooooooooo!

Friday I was at the shoppette eating pizza when I guy came in and asked if I owened that red motorcycle parked out side. I replied yes, he said someone just knocked it over and he was waiting for me outside. Went outside and he was waiting for me. He told me there was car parked a little to deep infront of him. He didn't want to leave he truck sticking out to far. He looked backed, saw that it was clear, but it wasn't. Pushed the bike off the kickstand and pushed it into a curb. Man........I thought this stuff happened to other guys, guess not! I will from now on park my bike next to the building. The silver Ford truck behind my Hawk was the "pusher". Damage.........fender, Givi rack and bag, fairing stay, bar end, brake lever, r/h fairing, mirror and blinker. I circled where the bike came in contact with curb.......sux.
Attached Thumbnails Nooooooooooooo!-dscn5266.jpg   Nooooooooooooo!-dscn5268.jpg   Nooooooooooooo!-dscn5280.jpg   Nooooooooooooo!-dscn5272.jpg  
Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
So, how did you handle dealing with the D_ck that did it?
I would've:
Old 05-02-2010, 09:41 AM
Superstock

doomcookie is on a distinguished road
dam it took a chunk off that faring. Sorry that happen to you man. Got his insurance info? Atleast the guy didn't take off. There are still some decent people out there. good to know that
Old 05-02-2010, 09:57 AM
Back Marker

badboyrr is on a distinguished road
S%^t happens

Off the bat I was raging mad, however I know accidents happen. I cooled off fast. I was surprised he even stuck around (I know I shouldn't say that, because were both military E-6's), this happened on Ft. Benning and in the middle of lunch time. Pretty sure someone could have seen something. He had insurance, and two hours later they had already called me to set up a time to appraise the damage! So far so good.............I guess.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
Superstock

pigwings
stupid

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine
So, how did you handle dealing with the D_ck that did it?
I would've:
A real "dick" wouldn't have waited - that was decent, many people just take off.. **** happens.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Squid

amazin is on a distinguished road
Hopefully they take care of ya
Old 05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Squid

boxdogracing is on a distinguished road
Very similar happed to me, but guy took off!! Frame sliders saved me from major damage. 3:00 in the afternoon in D.C. no one saw a thing WTF!!! Glad to here the guy wasn't a total douche and took off. **** happens at least it seems you found one of the honest people who still exist. Good luck on the rebuild.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:19 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by pigwings
A real "dick" wouldn't have waited - that was decent, many people just take off.. **** happens.
+1. For sure at least he was honest enough to own up to a mistake he was obviously sorry for. I had a tractor trailer make a u-turn in my gym parking lot a few years ago and he cut it too close. Ripped the entire bumper clean off my car. Stopped for a second, though about it, and then took off. Thankfully enough some guy I didn't even know saw the whole thing and took off after him, got all his info off the truck, and reported it to the police (thanks again ), so they eventually had to pay up. Also saw some jackass back into a Harley and knock it over. Tried to take off but a bunch of people blocked him in and wouldn't let him leave lol. Sorry your bike got messed up though.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:27 PM
98' SH stock
Squid

Moehawk005 is on a distinguished road
sorry bout your bike. but lets hope the ins comp will take care of ya
Old 05-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Back Marker

NAVY8TR is on a distinguished road
USAA is great. I am assuming you and the dude who knocked your bike over both have them for insurance. They are the best! If there is one good thing about the military it is USAA.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM
Squid

Ocotillo Boy is on a distinguished road
That sucks. I hope they can fix it better than new for you. Good luck!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
I never park in the lot anymore. I always find the big yellow marked off areas or next to the building or something to park. I have had three cops tell me they do the same thing.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:30 AM
SuperBike

uchi is on a distinguished road
that sucks buddy. thats why i hate leaving my bike anywhere. last time i rode it to go workout i was out in 15 minutes. the entire time i kept thinking what if some tard goes flying into my parking space and smacks the bike. id loose my mind if i came out and found it laying down. glad its being resolved for you
Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
Superstock

hondavtr1000sp2 is on a distinguished road
Sorry that happened to you, hope you get it fixed good as new.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Back Marker

steve29 is on a distinguished road
That sucks. Been there. I figured you were military when you had "at the shoppette eating pizza" in your post. Good ol' anthony's pizza I assume. Haha. I see your in Texas. Fort hood? Was there for some time. Good luck gettin her fixed.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
pragmatic anarchist
Superstock

peterpanic is on a distinguished road
Yeah I hate full parking lots. Always worried somebody will barrel in thinking the spots empty. I try to have the bike visible so it doesn't happen. Still nervous though. Sounds like the guy's honest. Older woman rear ended my Suburban once. Her first accident in 40 years driving. Bent my trailer hitch but wasted the fiberglass front on her old Pontiac. Let her slide since she was so upset and decent about it. Woke up that afternoon (work nights) and her husband pulled up. He'd found out my address and insisted I take some money. Ended up letting him give me $40 and had my faith in humanity restored. Since then of course stupid cagers have totally set me back!

Last edited by peterpanic; 05-03-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: psychological problems
Old 05-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Back Marker

thusspakebenji is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NAVY8TR
USAA is great. I am assuming you and the dude who knocked your bike over both have them for insurance. They are the best! If there is one good thing about the military it is USAA.

+1

USAA kicks major ***