General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New to the Super Hawk world need some help

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 08:15 PM
Squid

hawk15 is on a distinguished road
New to the Super Hawk world need some help

Hey everybody I am new to the superhawk world. I aqcuired a 2003 super hawk through a friend he wrecked it sort of the front forks are bent, all the body panels are missing the radiator is gonne, and so is the front light I need some Help on rebuilding it any advice, websites, manuals, or books, I need please let me know. My plan is to completeley redo the bike from top to bottom give it new life and meaning. I plan on removing the engine modifying it, modifying the exhaust, wheels the body panels the front end everything you can think of. Yoyr help would be greatly appreciated.
Oh and Another thing I have never worked on a bike or know how to ride so I am a complete beginner
Old 10-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
My only suggestion would be to leave the engine alone.Trust me it has enuf grunt for even advanced riders let alone a novice.Get used to the power it has then start "Tweaking" the engine. as for manuals the service guide is here in the forums. Somewhere do a search its a pdf it will get you by till you can get one on ebay (ebay = Friend).

Oh btw on the bike i hope you get it fixed soon they are hella fun. welcome to the forums
Old 10-01-2007, 10:56 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road

There are "layers deep" reading materials. You can make your own way after that!

It's not how fast you goeeeee! It's how fast you stopeeeee! Morons are not limited to Texas
Old 10-01-2007, 11:53 PM
Superstock

Anto is on a distinguished road
DO ONE AT A TIME

Seriously. I'm learning the hard way.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:32 AM
Back Marker

saxman is on a distinguished road

And I would strongly listen to Anto and filter69......the motor is great as is for me, and I've been riding for 18yrs. It's a light bike to begin with.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:21 AM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
As suggested...

Leave the motor alone.

Build the body, suspension and brakes. Take an MSF class, hook up with some smart riders and ride, ride , ride. Do a few track days, Ride, ride, ride.. Then start thinking about more power.

I've been riding for a few years now, TZ250 to Open class street bikes , track and street. The SH has plently of power and TQ to do anything you want it to on the street.

Where in TX are you at?
Old 10-02-2007, 06:24 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Get both the factory (FSM) and aftermarket manuals. As said, you can download the FSM which assumes you have mechanical experience. A haynes or clymer manual will go into more depth/explanation on many proceedures and sometimes show how to make a special tool or workaround whereas the FSM won't.

Read this site and pay special attention to the knowledge base and modifications forums. Good luck!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM
Back Marker

Hammer7205 is on a distinguished road
Take these guys advice. Don't tweak the motor (for now), just get her back in to good physical shape, and learn to ride. p.s. - welcome aboard, and congrats to riding the best bike on the road....
Old 10-03-2007, 12:46 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard!
Old 10-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
I would throw a twin turbo on that beaaautch, and butter up the rubber, she's gone ballistic!!!! ah ha,,,,,

LOL...seriously...wait, I can't be serious...oh, yes I can...no you can't...who said that?

Leave the Motor Alone....If you build it, it will run.....Done!