General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New-To-Me SH- almost

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 10:57 AM
Back Marker

Cyfac0183 is on a distinguished road
New-To-Me SH- almost

Tomorrow or sunday i pick up a SH- the holidays got in the way-

I sold my 89 hawk gt- and i picked up a 98 superhawk (red) with a bunch of extras and a bunch of stock parts- the bike has 12k on it, I am def excited. I almost considered a VFR (with repsol plastic) - but wasn't a fan of how it looked or how they (the VFR) rode.

The price on the VTR is pretty low- which is great, the condition is stellar- and i know i have to replace the CCT and RR just as a precaution, no?

Pictures will def be posted soon, as well as stuff for sale that i have no interest in- meaning i already plan on putting the stock exhaust back on and selling the carbon fiber cans- I like stock bikes- what can I say.

Now- as for this weather- the bike is going to look great in my garage- sitting there- waiting-

look forward to the SH experience- questions preceded by forum searches to come-

Craig
Old 01-04-2011, 11:20 AM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the acquasition! The CCT's (depending on who you ask) are a personal choice. If you know nothing about the bike, I'd suggest changing them either way, stock or manual. You may have jetting/carb issues when you put stock cans back on (I'm guessing/not a mechanic), and there is a member seeking carbon cans at this very moment (look, there is a want to buy post). Again, congrats, welcome, post some pics!
Old 01-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Back Marker

Cyfac0183 is on a distinguished road
acutally- I think the bike was never Re- jetted with the carbon cans- it pops up a storm while decelerating- so- the stock cans could clean that up- same thing happened with my hawk gt- some dude gutted the exhaust- and it sounded embarrassing rolling up to stop signs.

Originally Posted by ranchomice
Congrats on the acquasition! The CCT's (depending on who you ask) are a personal choice. If you know nothing about the bike, I'd suggest changing them either way, stock or manual. You may have jetting/carb issues when you put stock cans back on (I'm guessing/not a mechanic), and there is a member seeking carbon cans at this very moment (look, there is a want to buy post). Again, congrats, welcome, post some pics!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:04 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
You might be right. Does it ever die at stop signs? Flat spot anywhere in the rpms? Might have slipped cans on and done nothing else, if so, your golden with stockers.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Superstock

nekkid is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the new bike.

Jet a little richer, look for and eliminate air leaks in exhaust joints, or pull in the clutch lever when rolling to a stop to alleviate embarrassment.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
the popping could be the PAIR system if the PO never removed it.
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by matt365
the popping could be the PAIR system if the PO never removed it.
+1

And enjoy the bike!