SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   New here, new SuperHawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/new-here-new-superhawk-28106/)

Wolverine 06-02-2012 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by wayne (Post 334651)
The only thing is, it almost seems blasphemous to put a wrench to this thing as it's so pristine!

Naaa. Those OE turns are butt ugly,:D if you weigh over 135 the fork springs are too soft, the shock makes a great boat anchor... Shall I continue? :lol:

E.Marquez 06-02-2012 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by wayne (Post 334595)
Well after a month or so of owning this bike I just had to give my impressions. Firstly the pipes are not slip-ons but the complete system, staintune is also stamped in the header pipes at the collector. Makes a for a sweet sound! I have to admit that being a rider for over forty years I can't remember a bike that so consistently brought giggles while riding like this one does. The combination of awesome torque, and light, nimble handling (I am a fairly conservative rider) along with the wonderful music this thing makes is just plain addicting. I will probably add a set of Helibars at some point as the current position creates a bit of discomfort in my right wrist but they are pricey. EVery time I take this bike out I come back grinning from ear to ear. It's just a hoot! :D

Have a look at APEX Adjustable clip ons as well as the Helibars.
Apex Clip-on Sets - Apex Manufacturing.

It is just a fun bike to ride... I've thought of selling mine a few times in the last month or so... I mean who would not want a new bike in the garage... BUT, the SH does everything I want..... save one thing,, after 27 years in the Army and 47 years in life.. I NEED a better seating position... I did VFR bars years ago and that helped,, but will try the APEX bars here soon and see if the works a bit better to straighten up the body position.

wayne 06-02-2012 07:13 AM

Ahh man this is gonna cost me....

Originally Posted by 97Wolverine (Post 334654)
Naaa. Those OE turns are butt ugly,:D if you weigh over 135 the fork springs are too soft, the shock makes a great boat anchor... Shall I continue? :lol:

wayne 06-02-2012 07:18 AM

Will definitely have a look at the Apex set. The bars are definitely a future mod.

Spoot 06-03-2012 08:44 PM

welcome. (I'm slow)
if you havent done the CCT's yet, be sure to follow his directions closely. there is a front and rear CCT. I own the same ones. :)

I also have the same Staintunes. there were faily common back in the day.
Many of the original pipes from that comp. were on old Honda V4 Magnas/Sabres. Even on the CB1's. They had extra discs that you could mount to change the 'sound/note' of the pipes.

eersfanpilot 06-04-2012 04:44 PM

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the bike and you will find this forum is great for knowledge and advice. Don't be afraid to ask ANY question!!