General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

New Gloves.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
New Gloves.

ok i read a post about gloves on here. took alot of consideration to the advice given. i also read up on the forum (at anothe site i read on )where the person who has sold personally over 100k worth of riding apperal. between what our member suggested and his suggestions i checked out the ones that matched up and i ended up with a set of..

http://www.newenough.com/browse/view...ct_images/1704

Cortech Adrenaline gauntlets. I came very close to getting the joe rocket equivalent to the cortech adrenalines but in the end the cor tech felt so much better inside. Though i do think the joe rockets http://www.newenough.com/browse/view_product_images/850 <----(honda version) http://www.newenough.com/gloves/stre...cle_gloves.htm <----(non Honda version)a bit better outside wrist padding if you happen to go down, but it was like just some sponge with a very thing layer of leather over it.. good for maybe one crash or a years worth of weathering. also the cortech had better outside pinky protection.

Cortech had what i consider to be realy good clutch and throttle feel through the glove but still offered pretty decent slide protection. again good for maybe one or two not so fast crashes.

Last edited by 5150; 06-14-2009 at 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling as always
Old 06-14-2009, 05:37 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
Cortech are nice gloves for sure.

The best gauntlet gloves Ive ever worn, from Olympia.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2007_Olympia_340_Vented_Kevlar_Protector_Gloves_Bl ack.jpg
Lasted 5 years so far, and I ride all the time, year round.
Paid $130 5 years ago, on sale now at $76.

If you want something that lasts and lasts and is top notch, Olympia is as good as it gets as far as stitching and design holding up.
My Olympias dont have a single worn stitch yet (kevlar thread) and the side finger tips on three fingers have worn thru a little bit.
Thats saying something about the stitching.

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 06-14-2009 at 05:40 PM.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:01 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by Circuit_Burner

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/300/2007_Olympia_340_Vented_Kevlar_Protector_Gloves_Bl ack.jpg

If you want something that lasts and lasts and is top notch, Olympia is as good as it gets as far as stitching and design holding up.
My Olympias dont have a single worn stitch yet (kevlar thread) and the side finger tips on three fingers have worn thru a little bit.
yeah those gloves look really nice too. how is the feel inside of them? all the alpine stars i tried on and some of the icons gloves, i could feel the stitching inside just really roughly(felt like sand in between my fingers)

Do you wear these gloves year round or do you have another set for seasons?

what kind of jacket do you wear in summer?
Old 06-14-2009, 06:42 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
The force is strong in this one...

Crash tested mine a couple weeks ago...nary a scratch.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:46 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
The force is strong in this one...

Crash tested mine a couple weeks ago...nary a scratch.

Sorry to hear that Hot. Every thing all good with you and the bike? and which gloves were you wearing at the time? the ones linked by CB or the ones i linked? I cant find the post of who suggested the gloves but haha i think it might have been you.

Could you be more detailed about the crash..also can you let me know what other gear you had on and how it faired in the crash too? thanks
Old 06-14-2009, 06:58 PM
SuperSport

Yeah, everything's good. I lowsided at Road Atlanta on the RC51. Went from knee down to *** down in a split second, gloves touched the pavement initially and held up fine. I was wearing the Adrenalines, and I think I suggested them.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:17 PM
SuperSport

I was wearing an A*s 2 piece suit. The stitching didn't hold so well on that but there are no real holes in it.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Yeah, everything's good. I lowsided at Road Atlanta on the RC51. Went from knee down to *** down in a split second, gloves touched the pavement initially and held up fine. I was wearing the Adrenalines, and I think I suggested them.
How much bike damage?

great suggestion on those gloves man i freaking love them. i am going to walk around my house wearing them tonight. haha they feel like i am holding a new born kitten who is cold and wrapped up around my hand purring. now if only i can find a woman who feels as good as these gloves....or maybe i can teach the cortechs to cook..lol
Old 06-15-2009, 06:17 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Shouldn't this be in the Riders Gear section?
Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the heads up! I just ordered that pair!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
You will LOVE those glove dude. Im not exagerrating, especially if youve had others to compare to.. They arent as colorful as the cortechs tho , lol.
Year round gloves, wear cotton glove liners in real cold weather as those vent real good.

Last edited by Circuit_Burner; 06-15-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:59 AM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

You will LOVE those glove dude. Im not exagerrating, especially if youve had others to compare to.. They arent as colorful as the cortechs tho , lol.
Year round gloves, wear cotton glove liners in real cold weather as those vent real good.
so i walked around my house last night with the gloves on for about a hour or so.. punching on my brother..then my business partner tried one on and then my brother got the other one..they proceded to beat on me for a couple minutes chasing me around the house while i claimed things like..the palms are made of kangaroo leather, and check out that awesome outside pinky padding. to which they replied with a barrage of more beatings.

see these gloves transcend riding into the real world. they have applications far beyond what i had ever hoped for.

whoever says riding doesnt bring family and friends closer has never owned a pair or Cortech Adrenalines. lol and a double head nod toward cortechs marketing dept when name ing these gloves..they nailed it on the head..litterally<-----most likely spelled wrong.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
For those looking at the Cortech gloves, try them on for size if you can first. I bought a pair of their Vice gloves (the same as the Adrenalines, except not the gauntlet). I had to get them in 3xl. Now I have a little larger than average size hands, but I know alot of people with bigger hands. I don't wear a 3xl glove in any other glove. I guess what I am trying to say is that they run a little small and if you have very large hands, you might want to try them on first. By the way, I love mine!
Old 06-17-2009, 07:42 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Just ordered the Adrenalines... if they're good enough for Hotbrakes they're good enough for me.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:46 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

Smile

WOW! I got the Olympias in the mail, I'm blown away at how well designed they are, how soft and comfortable they are, and how LITTLE the price was!! These have the be the best gloves I've seen for the money, hands down...

Thank you Circuit Burner! I owe you one.

I recommend these to all.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
WOW! I got the Olympias in the mail, I'm blown away at how well designed they are, how soft and comfortable they are, and how LITTLE the price was!! These have the be the best gloves I've seen for the money, hands down...

Thank you Circuit Burner! I owe you one.

I recommend these to all.
sounds like i might get a back up pair in these. let me know how you like them after a week or so riding in them..you know any pros and cons about them. thanks shizzy.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:04 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

I will let ya know after I put another hundred miles on.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
I will let ya know after I put another hundred miles on.
thanks bro. still loving my cortech adrenalines. got about 75 miles on these now. gonna put another maybe 25-50 on tommorow.