SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   New around here from Portugal (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/new-around-here-portugal-21961/)

hondavtr1000sp2 03-29-2010 12:20 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Erik S. (Post 259201)

Edit: Luis, here is a current thread, asking some of the very same questions that you have, and has quite a few good answers. (hondavtr1000sp2 :thumbsup: )

Thank you Erik ;).

And Luis, here are some more pictures you may like to see.

luis saleiro 03-29-2010 07:48 AM

Thanks hondavtr1000sp2, i like the fourth pictures the most.
Itīs the double headlight you know...
My double radiators are painting black too.

shayne 03-31-2010 11:45 PM

The single front mounted radiator will be better than the side mounted radiators I think from memory. The twin side mounted units require the fairing to draw air through them to operate properly. This is different to most bikes where the air pressure is forced through, such as with front mounted units. Without the fairing they do not operate properly. This is why a lot of naked VTR's have a front mounted radaitor. If you are riding in a warm climate then you may have to change them.

luis saleiro 04-01-2010 03:33 AM

What youīre saying makes a lot of senses to me shayne.
Itīs not in my plans to mount a single radiator, but iīll look at the temp. pointer after the modīs done with very atention, in order to prevent an overheating problem.
Itīs the last thing i need.
Thanks guys

kai ju 04-01-2010 11:56 PM

2 Attachment(s)
There's another option, put the radiator under the seat.

Kai Ju

nath981 04-02-2010 07:28 AM

the way I understand your intentions luis is to go naked in a way that is totally and easily reversible and one that does not compromise and hopefully improves the functionality of he SH for the kind of riding you do most often. Considering your personal intentions, I would think about leaving the radiators in tact and add little unobstrusive air foils that might serve a dual purpose of hiding some of the radiator while directing air flow for max cooling. The other option is to purchase two little fans and set them up to operate manually when traffic/temperature conditions dictate. These alterations can be easily reversed and would add to the effectiveness you need for urban traffic in hot weather.

luis saleiro 04-02-2010 08:38 AM

Iīve already seen your bike Kai Ju, and that under seat radiator looks really wonderfull, but i want it reversible, and itīs not compatible with the whole concept.

Youīve got the idea in the perfection Nath, my bad english didnīt alowed me to explain it so well.
I appreciate the help in it.

Do you have any idea on where to get the energy for the fans?

nath981 04-02-2010 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by luis saleiro (Post 260254)
Iīve already seen your bike Kai Ju, and that under seat radiator looks really wonderfull, but i want it reversible, and itīs not compatible with the whole concept.

Youīve got the idea in the perfection Nath, my bad english didnīt alowed me to explain it so well.
I appreciate the help in it.

Do you have any idea on where to get the energy for the fans?

I haven't done this with mine, but you can run wires directly from the battery with either one or two switches. I've found manual operation(on my truck for many years)to be simple, failsafe, and effective as you can anticipate traffic/heat and activate the fans based on your judgement and oem fans and act as normal. Find size that fits and can be mounted easily and run the wires together and go to/from battery to a switch you can mount anywhere you can get at it easily.

nath981 04-08-2010 07:35 PM

check these side mount radiators on a twin with 180 HP.

http://www.motorcycle.com/gallery/ga...iew/?g2_page=1

3 pages of picks