need parts and help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 05:00 PM
Back Marker

kj4kym is on a distinguished road
need parts and help

well and another spill and did some damage this time. heres some pics

clocks still work, but the lens is cracked and the mounting tabs are broke

front brake oil cup is broke off and the little bracket it pretty well toast as well. but it appears the actually master cylinder is alright.
and on bike bandit i have to buy it piece by piece and is like $20 here and $16 here and so on so i really do wanna have to dish out like $80 for a little pastic cup

its pretty much the same thing on the clutch side and i even got the lever with this one but i think im going to buy these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-...item2a086835e9

also bent the clip on but i hope to have some on the way

really what im wondering is if any one has stock cups laying around that they will part with that would be sweet, if not could i just use any kind of reservoir or would that cause a problem if the volume of fluid and maybe presure be a problem.

just help me out, cause the fuel pump has gone out on my explorer so with out this bike im without transportation right now
Old 08-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Squid

streetsurfer is on a distinguished road
OH man, that's shitty!! I know I can usually find a few superhawks on craigslist that are parting out. Some parts are pretty cheap on ebay, I'm partial to these colored levers, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA...item19be302f54,

I'm curious as to what you were doing that caused you to scratch the TOP of your tank?

It's good to know you are ok, you can buy new parts for a bike, not so much for a person!

P.S I dont know what year your explorer is but there are fuel pumps on ebay as low as $20, MUCH less than an $80 oil cup
Old 08-03-2010, 06:00 PM
Back Marker

yeah i was doing some slow 1st gear wheelies and it sorta backfliped. and for the levers i like the adjustable feature of the others plus im going to flat black the bike and go with out fairings for a while.
my explorer is a 96 4.0 v6 4x4 and i can get a new fuel pump and filter for around $100, with my pappaws shop cost which is nice to have. and i just dont really wanna get started cause its the whole pump inside the tank feature that ford just had to come up with. and i really need a lift to do it cause the pump acess is on top of the tank
Old 08-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
To me it looks like the bike flipped over judging by the damage... But I'm only guessing...

Edit: serves me for not hitting update before posting...
Old 08-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Back Marker

yeah it come back a little too far this time. dont really remember what happened but somehow i was under it when it came on back and all i really got was cut on both knees and my right elbow and shoulder. well really it was a little road rash but its bout all gone now. guess thats what i get for not wearing a jacket