General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Naked Hawk Sighting in Peoria, IL

Old 02-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Back Marker

steener is on a distinguished road
Naked Hawk Sighting in Peoria, IL

So, after two months of snow on the ground it has finally melted. Took the hawk out this morning even though the temp was right at 40. Didn't see another bike out but as I'm topping off the tank I hear another bike coming up the road. Naked, red hawk. I have never seen it around town. Anyone on here riding north on Knoxville this morning?
Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 PM
HIGH-SPEED
Squid

CptCrunch is on a distinguished road
little chilly to be ridin around naked
Old 02-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steener
So, after two months of snow on the ground it has finally melted. Took the hawk out this morning even though the temp was right at 40. Didn't see another bike out but as I'm topping off the tank I hear another bike coming up the road. Naked, red hawk. I have never seen it around town. Anyone on here riding north on Knoxville this morning?
Nope, but would love to ride up there and hit the "River Roads" with a fellow Hawker when the weather warms up.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Back Marker

steener is on a distinguished road
Maximus, any chance you ride mountain bikes as well. I've rode Kickapoo several times and always have fun.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
Squid

General Maximus is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by steener
Maximus, any chance you ride mountain bikes as well. I've rode Kickapoo several times and always have fun.
Funny that you ask. I had a Cannondale Super V for quite a few years. I lived near Carlyle Lake and there are no trails suitable for riding, so I traded it in on a road bike. I did however pick up a "pink" trek for the wife. It is one of the WSD types but since she is tall, it fits me as well for the tighter trail stuff. I would have never bought her such a great bike (hydraulic brakes and XTR/XT components) but it was a deal.

I mainly ride on the road, but always use her bike on family rides and in the woods. My oldest boy don't like me to ride with him on a pink bike cause his friends might see him. But the trails are free game cause you never see anyone out there and if you do, they know bikes and appreciate it regardless of the color.

I have never rode Kickapoo but have an desire to as soon as the weather is better. Let me know if you plan a ride over here.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Squid

Starbucks Fueled is on a distinguished road
Been meaning to ride the river roads myself, but haven't been over that way yet.

AJ
Old 02-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Squid

flyinbrian24 is on a distinguished road
come to this side of the river and ride hwy 94 along the missouri river through the missouri wine country. one of the best roads I've found in this part of the state.by the way 40 degrees? thats what carrharts are for. If the streets are dry I RIDE!!!!!

Last edited by flyinbrian24; 02-24-2011 at 07:34 PM.