General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Looking for Mr Good Forks

Old 10-19-2006, 03:56 AM
Squid

Ausie996 is on a distinguished road
Looking for Mr Good Forks

Hi Guys
The little aussie bleader here! Can anyone one tell me if a RC51 front end will fit straight on my VTR1999 model or how hard it is to do the GSXR mod plz
As I would like to have the inverted front end on mine, thanks
Aussie 996:-?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:01 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Doooooooo a search!
Old 10-19-2006, 05:03 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Ausie996
Hi Guys
The little aussie bleader here! Can anyone one tell me if a RC51 front end will fit straight on my VTR1999 model or how hard it is to do the GSXR mod plz
As I would like to have the inverted front end on mine, thanks
Aussie 996:-?
change steering head bearings for roller bearings. pretty straight forward.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:42 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by hawxter996
change steering head bearings for roller bearings. pretty straight forward.
I'm in the middle of this same mod (RC51) front end. Which roller bearings do I go for VTR or RC?

J.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:40 AM
ole dirty bastard
SuperSport

hawxter996 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by SlowHAWK
I'm in the middle of this same mod (RC51) front end. Which roller bearings do I go for VTR or RC?

J.
you want the rc bearings. that is the sp1 not sp2
Old 10-19-2006, 04:22 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Swapping to the all ***** tapered bearings and mounting the triples and forks is honestly the easy part. When you then see that the bars hit the fairings and the gauges and the triples hit the fairings and the forks hit the radiator hoses then you'll wonder what you got involved in-especially since no one so far has claimed to have completed this swap so that everything works properly-I'm sure someone has so help us out! That's where I'm at right now. I put my bars above the triples and now only the left bar cables hit the gauges. I noticed cbr954 bars look like helibars and have a really high rise to them and want to test fit them above and below the triple. Also have to figure out what I want to do if anything regarding the forks hitting the radiator hoses. I saw a guy awhile ago who did a 929 front swap who made custom spacers and brackets for his radiators to move them and made everything work right. Too bad this was several years ago I'd like to find him...Don't have nearly as much time for this as I wish I did so it sits for periods of time. Hope to get some work done on it this weekend so as new stuff is figured out will post it as I know several others will who are doing the same thing.
Old 10-19-2006, 06:31 PM
SuperSport

Thanks Captain....

Was hoping to hear piecing everything together would be the pain... but I guess not. I do like the challenge though, which I'm sure everyone whom tries most of these swaps does to some extent... Once I get enough pieces together, and the weather is bad enough, I'll have some time to give it a shot as well... and I'll let you know if I learn anything helpful as well.

J.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:07 PM
Superstock

selztoad is on a distinguished road
I have a complete GSXR 750 front end on my and had to buy tl1000 heli bars to clear the fairing so i could mount under the triple tree, also the ignition is mounted off to the side of the hole in the triple tree , wont fit in the hole and the forks do hit the radiator hoses, so I will have to figure out some way to relocate the radiators...oh also had to have the upper part of the steering stem machined to match the vtr bearing sizes
Old 10-19-2006, 07:38 PM
SuperSport

Just throwing this out there... but does anyone know if the 929/954 triples will work with the RC51 forks?

The upper looks "gull winged" so might be a good canidate for getting the clip ons over the triple with room to spare, but the lower is "straight" not sure if it will catch the forks in the right place...

Plus i'm not sure about fork diameters, and if the offsets are the same. BUT.. if anyone knows this info, or has a set they can measure....LMK it will be appriciated.

J