General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

latest trackday photo

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 05:59 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
latest trackday photo

As some of you know I went to the track on Sun & Mon for my b-day here's the latest pic. Did a 1:30 lap, track record is 1:16 had a blast.
Old 01-24-2006, 06:19 PM
SuperSport

CNI Dawg is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: latest trackday photo

Looking good !

Does your side stand ever drag?
Old 01-24-2006, 06:22 PM
MotoGP

YEP! The spring has weakend over the years and is making it worse. I hope to get some stands soon so I can take it off for the track. I know I'm still in the novice class but I got to spank some R1's, RC51's, Ducs, and gixxers!! FUN, FUN, FUN!!!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road

Very cool pics, man I would love to be 20ish and bullet proof.....or just have the ***** to hit the track.....Just aint got it in me anymore...
Old 01-24-2006, 06:41 PM
MotoGP

Truth is I feel safer draggin my knee at 36 on the track then I do riding "safely" on the street!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I hear ya, lol....It would be fun to do, maybe once I have a few more miles under my belt....We rode with some guys two weeks ago that look like they should be on a track...I was a little jelous I must admit....

Again, maybe one day!!
Old 01-24-2006, 06:56 PM
MotoGP

Used to ride like that on the road too but now keep it to the track. Lots of guys with varying skill level and you can learn a lot out there.
Old 01-24-2006, 07:46 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Yeah, I was looking at that sidestand too. Hey you don't need one anyway. Just step off the bike while your pit crew grabs it, rolls it into the garage for new rubber and a fresh engine while you, of course, work the umbrella girl hotties....

That's how track days work, right?
Old 01-24-2006, 07:51 PM
MotoGP

ERR right! Now if I could just keep the girls from distracting me right before I go out for the next session!!
Old 01-24-2006, 08:20 PM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
did you happen to be at the same place that this guy high sided??

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1503827
Old 01-24-2006, 09:16 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Sidestands are over-rated. Just lean it against the wall.

Nice pic!
Old 01-24-2006, 09:32 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx";p=&quot
I hear ya, lol....It would be fun to do, maybe once I have a few more miles under my belt....We rode with some guys two weeks ago that look like they should be on a track...I was a little jelous I must admit....

Again, maybe one day!!
Clifhangertx you just keep riding & get a few more thousand more miles on your bike & you will begin to become one with your machine! (kinda Zen sounding - huh?)
Seriously you WILL get better. Work on the stuff we talked about, ride & practice it & then we'll do some beginers level 1 track days.
Wish you could come for the Ride Smart track day Feb 13 but I understand.
Try to plan on the next one on March 6th. It's Lonestar Track Days (different organization)
http://www.lstd.com/html/2006schedule.html
Old 01-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Yeah, by 6:30pm on the 13th, I will be sipping Jonny Walker Blue in a hottub at a Resort in Jamacia (that shall remain nameless to protect all involved)....But of course I will be thinking about that missed track er um ah thing ya.....what was that again....my mind went wandering again,,,,sand, sun, beach, water,,,,drinks, drinks, hot chicks, drinks, chicks....lol

Maybe in March, we shall see.....
Old 01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by EngineNoO9";p=&quot
did you happen to be at the same place that this guy high sided??

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1503827
I couldn't get the video to work for some reason but I didn't have to see it. Yes that is Jennings, I can see the truck that picks up the (pieces), I mean bikes.

Do you know this guy at all, friend or anything? I wasn't there that day, it was a newbie day but I know the guy who was running it.

I know what happened... (:wink: :wink to him and I hope he's ok foot injuries suck,(all those little bones).
Old 01-25-2006, 07:27 AM
SuperBike

i don't understand... vid works for me fine in Firefox. if you're using IE trying right clicking and saving as
Old 01-25-2006, 07:28 AM
SuperBike

and no that isn't a friend. just a guy from that board. looked like the same track so was wondering if you saw it...
Old 01-25-2006, 07:52 AM
MotoGP

Nope can't get it to download at all, maybe you've got to be a member? Anyway I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your post, (Iknow that sounds cruel but there's a reason) and almost busted a gut when I read what he had to say. You don't have to spread this around but; I didn't see the crash but as I said I know the guy that was running the newbie day there, he's one of the regulars at the track and there are always 2 sides to everything. The guys post said he was doing really good and the bike felt great right? Well according to Russ from the very first session he went up to him and said, "you need to calm it down a bit, your riding a bit over your head." "Ok sure I'll slow down." was his response. Second session new instructor tells Russ, "that guy's riding like a maniac and is going to crash." Russ tells the instructor go talk to him try to slow him down, same thing. Next session different inst. again, "That guy on the 636 is going to hurt someone, he's riding out of control." Russ tells inst. 3 to talk to him yada yada. Session # 4 another inst. same comments and another talking to. Session 5 CRASH! That's why I had to laugh a little bit when you posted this, SMALL WORLD eh?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:09 AM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot
Nope can't get it to download at all, maybe you've got to be a member? Anyway I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your post, (Iknow that sounds cruel but there's a reason) and almost busted a gut when I read what he had to say. You don't have to spread this around but; I didn't see the crash but as I said I know the guy that was running the newbie day there, he's one of the regulars at the track and there are always 2 sides to everything. The guys post said he was doing really good and the bike felt great right? Well according to Russ from the very first session he went up to him and said, "you need to calm it down a bit, your riding a bit over your head." "Ok sure I'll slow down." was his response. Second session new instructor tells Russ, "that guy's riding like a maniac and is going to crash." Russ tells the instructor go talk to him try to slow him down, same thing. Next session different inst. again, "That guy on the 636 is going to hurt someone, he's riding out of control." Russ tells inst. 3 to talk to him yada yada. Session # 4 another inst. same comments and another talking to. Session 5 CRASH! That's why I had to laugh a little bit when you posted this, SMALL WORLD eh?
It didn't work for me either.

Hehehe....sounds like they tried to save him from himself.
Well I won't be having his problem on my level 1 track day!

They will be saying " hey tell the old fat guy to speed it up a little or we are going to let the other level 1 guys lap him.....again.. for the 3rd time... on this session"
Old 01-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Dawg, Stop talking about me behind my back....it aint nice.......So I am slow.....Momma likes it
Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 AM
MotoGP

Slow and safe is alot better then too fast for your own good and in the hospital!!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:25 AM
SuperSport

Loco
Yeah, except when Cliffhanger gets passed on the track by a Suburban.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:28 AM
MotoGP

You guys are CRUEL, give the newbie a break!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:33 AM
SuperSport

Loco
I hope he knows I'm just kidding. They don't let Suburbans on the track anymore.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:35 AM
MotoGP

thank god!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:58 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Loco speaks the truth...well this time anyway....and I think it was a freight train that came rocketing past me out there, not a Subarban.....get it straight would ya...
Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 PM
SuperSport

Sheeeeeet Loco !!!
Don't make him angry...you wouldn't like him when he's angry ( thinks about the Hulk)

Before you know it he'll be doing 1:18's at Cresson !!!

Then come over, pick up your Superhawk, & toss it in the back of the pickup ...flashing you a big green smile the whole time !

He's coming along just fine....like a fine wine it takes time!

Old 01-25-2006, 12:21 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by cliffhangerstx";p=&quot
Dawg, Stop talking about me behind my back....it aint nice.......So I am slow.....Momma likes it
I was talking about me bro
Old 01-25-2006, 12:45 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

I Know....And at just over 400lbs (the Hawk) don't think I will be tossing it anywhere....uuuuu aggrrrrr ah what's happening grrrr to me grrrrhhhhhaaa turning green, grrrrahhhhrrrr ripping shirt ggggrrrrrrrhhhhaahhhh Loco, Loco grrrrhhh LOL....It's ok guys it's just me, I was only pretending.....I haven't turned into the Hulk in several yrs now, meds must be working.....
Old 01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
Squid

rainmanZx6r
Originally Posted by superhawk22";p=&quot

HI, im the Guy with the 636 and Your buddy "Russ" never said one word to me and I have no idea whom he is? The only Instructor I talked with about my riding was "Skip" and not only is he very fast but he is also a Nice guy. "Skip" and I talked only after my Session two about me trying to be more smooth and about my shifting problem (I had to adjust my new rearsets) Please dont spread Mis-Information if you have no idea what your talking about!

Maybe he is talking about someone else?

Eric :P
Old 01-29-2006, 08:57 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
RainmanEK? That you? Welcome aboard.

Quick Reply: latest trackday photo