General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Integrated Tailight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 11:58 PM
Squid

Ptechnix
Integrated Tailight Assembly

I'm thinking about ordering this, apart from the high shipping cost which is what is putting me off.

As another had any experience with this?

I haven't found any other itegrated units for the Superhawk, this is the first I've seen. So before I jumped ahead and ordered it, just wondering if anyone has it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...539540091&rd=1
Old 04-02-2005, 04:59 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
I have the taillight integrator which simply uses the 2 rear bulbs as turn signals as well as brake lights. I think its about $40 or so and you can find them at most online stores. I would check to make sure they are legal in your state 1st, before spending the cash.

As for the one on ebay? I'd ask them to send a pic of one that is for a VTR, not the cbr they are showing. I'm not sure how they would get the led's inside your stock tail light as I dont think the tail light comes apart. It only has the 2 holes in which the bulbs are inserted. (sounds very sexual)

If they send you some info on the led's, post it up so we can all see.
Old 04-02-2005, 06:31 AM
Squid

Ptechnix
Re: Integrated Tailight Assembly

This is the photo of the VTR tailight

Is this the same one that you have? It comes with a whole new assembly that apparently fits exactly the same into the existing bracket.
Old 04-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
That taillight in your picture uses LEDs for the lights, I think. You wouldn't get that light dispersion with our regular 1134-type bulbs.
Old 04-02-2005, 11:51 PM
Back Marker

BooYeah
Re: Integrated Tailight Assembly

I am on the wrong computer, but i found a site and favorited it a while back that had a few brands, but the ones on ebay should be good.
Old 04-03-2005, 03:41 PM
SuperSport

jschmidt
First interesting cosmetic product I've seen in a long time.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:24 PM
Squid

Ptechnix
For me I need the functionality of the tailight more than the aesthetics. As you can see here,

https://www.superhawkforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=735

It is very hard to see my indicators and thus rather dangerous. Also there is a pretty high chance of getting pulled over by the bacon.

So an integrated tailight would be ace. As well as it being brighter, clear, and prettier all round anyway
Old 04-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Superstock

VTRDarren
I've seen that same item for sale for that price with FREE shipping (well, included in the price at least)...
I recall clearly because I noticed it AFTER i bought the exact one you referenced a couple weeks ago.

They got a bit slaphappy with the glue and should have cleaned it up a bit better around the clear lense, but aside from that it is a really bright and noticeable brake/turn signal.

I'll likely keep a set of short stalks mounted as well, just to help with visability at a distance. I'm guessing it will just look like a blinking tail light from a distance without a driver being able to really tell which way you plan on turning.

And yeah, it mounts up as a direct replacement for the oem tail light.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:32 PM
Squid

yellowvtwin
I recieved mine 2 weeks ago it works great as long as you dont brake while indicating cause the brake light is brighter than the indicator it is still better than the old indictors that I had fitted and it fits great .. mate if ya wanna check it out pm me here or on www.ozfirestorm.com and I we can meet up so you can check it out