General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I'm done riding

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 06:45 AM
omp
Squid

omp
Unhappy I'm done riding

Had my 4th and worst crash on 9th AUG on PCH when both cars in soubound land decided to slow down and the right one just to stop because a car in front of it wants to parralel park on the HIGHWAY. I chose to go in between the parked cars made it through the first but hit the car reversing. Lots of hurt as holmer simpson can describe each time he falls down a cliff. My tibia broke in 4 seperate places sticking out in two ankle was crushed and left pelvic fracture. 3 surguries so far 1 more to go for skin grafting on the open muscle wound. Thats the bad stuff, I won't be walking for 3 months take a year to heal.

I have my Bike at Camarillo Towing on Dawson Drv off the 101 frwy, it is incurring towing charges, so far its up to around 300$ and they are about to do a Lien sale on it. I don't understand what a lien sale is completely but wanted to offer the board if anyone wants, they can have it for 100$. I have the title back at my apartment my sister will bring it to me later today, just bring some kind of bill of sale, the correct DMV paperwork and go get her out. She is fixable, with new cans, rear sub frame, seat and cowl. THe frame sliders worked again saving the fairing and everything inbetween. the windshield is of course shot as I have been looking for one. The wheels are not bent, frame I was told is in excellant shape.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
Sorry to hear. I wish you speed and a complete recovery.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:08 AM
El Cheapo
Back Marker

cat0020 is on a distinguished road
I hope you recover fully soon.
Your situation totally sucks, but hopefully, one day you will also recover financially to ride again.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:48 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry to hear, heal up.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:06 AM
SuperBike

EngineNoO9 is an unknown quantity at this point
one reason that I don't exactly like lane splitting... heal up though
Old 08-31-2006, 10:07 AM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

calitoz is on a distinguished road
Dude, hate to see you give up. I am sure someone locally can help you out with $400 and then you can ebay it.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:34 AM
Back Marker

georonimo is on a distinguished road
Shitty

Sorry to hear that man. Maybe I could be of assistance. Where are you located? Hope you get better more so.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:37 AM
Back Marker

Nevermind, I just noticed that it said Camarillo. I am in Cam also, send me a message and we could get together and evaluate the situation.
Old 08-31-2006, 12:15 PM
Squid

blackboyonhawk is on a distinguished road
ill give you 150 for the aftermarket cans and any other aftermarket stuff we can discuss a price for. youd work out better parting the bike out than just selling it for 100. I know your condition probably wont permit this but you can make AT LEAST half the value of the bike by parting it out.let me know how much to get the bike out maybe i can help. if its not too much i can pay tow co. and you give me cans and i dont know maybe your tires and a few other goodies. heal fast and take it slow . I wish u a speedy recovery man .
Old 08-31-2006, 01:05 PM
omp
Squid

omp
blackboy I'm not really interested in parting her out, just getting rid of it so the tow yard doesn't charge me. thats why I said 100$ for me and I'm happy and who ever buys it can fix or part it out. so far bill is 130 for towing and 30x13 = to around 400+130 as of today. so you see I don't care to get anything at all for it. I PM'd georonimo as he is local in camarillo but offer is out to anyone who wants to come down I can sign papers today tomorrow I have a few doc appt.s
Old 08-31-2006, 01:17 PM
Back Marker

Nanotech is on a distinguished road
Get well! Hate to hear those kind of stories, because someday it might just be me. Good luck with the sale...you should be able to get the money you want or more easily.
Old 08-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Back Marker

Wink

hope you get better soon!
Old 08-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Back Marker

J.J. is on a distinguished road
yeah, the whole story sounds a lil' sketch

consider: accident occurred while going forwards at speed and impacting car going in reverse. why, then, would the BACK of the bike be destroyed (BOTH cans, whole subframe assembly) while the front sustains no damage, other than to the 'shield?

sounds like a looped whoolie to me
Old 08-31-2006, 07:43 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Well whatever the case may be I'm sorry to hear about it and wish you the best. I know what it's like to smash a leg/knee/ankle/foot/toes up and rip a perfectly good superhawk in half because of someone else's inability to drive in a straight line and then spend a year learning how to walk and run again.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:45 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by J.J.
yeah, the whole story sounds a lil' sketch

consider: accident occurred while going forwards at speed and impacting car going in reverse. why, then, would the BACK of the bike be destroyed (BOTH cans, whole subframe assembly) while the front sustains no damage, other than to the 'shield?

sounds like a looped whoolie to me
WOW dude, kick a man when he's down. Ever think the bike backed into the car or ditch or whatever AFTER it went down? Happens ya' know.

Other folks, there's no way he can part out this bike. Jeez, he can't even walk yet. Rather he's trying to stop the proverbial financial bleeding (pun not intended).

Omp, hope you mend back as new. A co-worker I bought my first street bike from in the 70's had similar injuries a few years later and also hung it up. I recently saw him again (small world) and guess what? Yup, got a cheap 600 ninja a couple of years ago just to "putt around on".
Old 08-31-2006, 09:50 PM
Squid

Ausie996 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear whats happening to you mate, mend well and fast ok!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:01 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

And you say you're done riding but the first question I asked from the hospital bed on a morphine drip was where's my bike? And I handed my buddy my crutches to hold for me three months later & was back on his TL1000S and pulled the wheel up for the first time since. Anyway whatever you decide to do work hard and best of wishes in your recovery. It's hard and will take some time but you'll get there. And don't listen to any of the negative **** from anybody, whether it be about the bike or about your recovery or anything else...
Old 09-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Squid

Generation450X is on a distinguished road
Isn't anybody here man enough to say that the accident (as described) looks to be completely the fault of the rider? If you can do a better job of explaining the circumstances of this accident, and can convince us that the drivers of the car(s) are at fault, you shouldn't be riding anyway!!
Old 09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your accident, hope you get well soon!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Generation450X
Isn't anybody here man enough to say that the accident (as described) looks to be completely the fault of the rider? If you can do a better job of explaining the circumstances of this accident, and can convince us that the drivers of the car(s) are at fault, you shouldn't be riding anyway!!
The guy F@cked up...so what?
Old 09-01-2006, 03:31 PM
omp
Squid

omp
Well the bike is gone, and one less thing I have to worry about. As far as the accident I was riding just like any rider, when the car in the 2 lane slowed down I moved to the 1 lane next to the shoulder. I looked down at the speedo and when looking up I saw the vehicle in from of me come to a complete stop. My reaction was to either hit that vehicle smack in the back break everybone in my body or try to slide through the parked cars on the right. As I went through the parked car and stopped car I ran into what was another car reversing to park that is where my leg was trashed. I did screw up as the police report also says, just feel that car's should reverse to get parking out there at Sycamore. Always pull in for parking on highways.

I went to a plastic surgen today, my insurance said don't cover him so this visit will cost me. I also went to see my primary care physican you know HMO's. he saw me, said what this time bike or bicycle. I showed him the open wound, his reaction holy #@# and said he would immediately try to get me a referal approved for surgery. I'm recovery, my leg doesn't twitch as much and the bleeding has subsided.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:46 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

You know my worst accident was "not my fault." I was minding my own business when a guy went to change lanes on the highway. He panicked when he almost hit someone next to him, spun his car out and lost control and took me out. Now is there a chance had I reacted better/sooner/differently that I possibly could have avoided the accident? I'm sure there is. I ride decent but unlike many I don't or have ever considered myself "the ****" on a motorcycle, and I have made some pretty slick moves to avoid accidents, including off roading a Harley of all things right off the highway and not crashing to avoid an accident, and my friends couldn't believe I made it. Lucky? Yes. I've also wadded up a few nice bikes too, usually doing something stupid. But sometimes you can be in the wrong place and things just don't go your way, or there's just not enough time to react, no matter how careful or how good a rider you think you are. Whether or not the accident was his fault or to what degree, the poor bastard is fucked up bad & feeling like **** about something that's pretty important to all of us (oh yeah I forgot walking is important too), and the least you could do is wish him well...it's not like he went out and got drunk and was running from the cops for cryin' out loud. It's way too easy to pass judgment and talk **** after the fact. Maybe he wouldn't be in this situation if he was as smart as couple of you think you are.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:05 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

You'll be ok dude. I had open holes in my leg and foot that didn't stop bleeding for FOUR MONTHS. I'd like the shittalkers to know what that smells like when you have to clean it out, and how your life gets changed by a bad accident, and then maybe they'd give you a break. Broke my leg in two places, smashed all five toes, tore up my ankle and my knee. They filled me up with staples and rods and pins. Get your *** in the gym as soon as you heal up a little. Do what feels right, not necessarily what you're always told by the therapists and the doctors, at least with regards to physical limits. I was so fucked up it would take 15 minutes to get out of bed and into a wheelchair with help. Then I would "white out" for another 10 or 15 minutes from blood loss before I could see anything again. After a nice stay in the hospital I would get up in the middle of the night and lift my walker over my head (I was so fucked up I couldnt even use crutches yet) and it would hurt so bad it would finally go numb. Then I would walk back and forth across the living room. Later I borrowed an automatic car because I couldn't push the clutch in on my car to get to the gym and was squatting and leg pressing before the doctors told me I was even allowed to put any weight on my leg. What the hell do they always know? It took a year of pain but it was worth it a year later when I was finally able to break into a full sprint running late one night down the parking lot by my house. "You'll walk with a limp" "You'll walk with a cane" **** you! You'd be surprised what you're capable of when you can't walk. Take care.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:06 PM
Escape Reality
SuperSport

Originally Posted by captainchaos
.... and the least you could do is wish him well...it's not like he went out and got drunk and was running from the cops for cryin' out loud. It's way too easy to pass judgment and talk **** after the fact. ....
+1...but "we're the ****..and we don't crash" ...BTW have you got them skinz yet?
Old 09-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Squid

ietgixxers is on a distinguished road
gods speed in your recovery brother
Old 09-02-2006, 05:44 PM
Squid

ryan is on a distinguished road
heal soon and feel better. the circumstances don't matter when someone in need reaches out for help. sounds like a couple of amature detective jack offs need a lesson in sympathy. if you ride long enough it can happen to anyone
Old 09-02-2006, 08:05 PM
Squid

andrewlc77 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Generation450X
if it were up to me i would have you banned from this forumn. driver or riders fault doesnt matter. jesus christ dude. you should learn how to read better.

[quote] both cars in soubound land decided to slow down and the right one just to stop because a car in front of it wants to parralel park on the HIGHWAY. I chose to go in between the parked cars made it through the first but hit the car reversing.

if you would have taken the time to actually read his comment he said someone more or less slammed on the brakes so he dodged between the cars and hit another and i am sorry to here bout your wreck sir.

***AndrewCL77, I edited your post to remove the personal attacks. Those kinds of posts will not be tolerated on the forum. Hawkrider.***
Old 09-03-2006, 06:28 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

Originally Posted by calitoz
+1...but "we're the ****..and we don't crash" ...BTW have you got them skinz yet?

not yet, but I'm sure they'll get here soon. I know everybody got all excited about the "storm" down here this past week and most everything included mail closed early Tuesday & was closed Wednesday.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Back Marker

2Phaast is an unknown quantity at this point
PM previously sent... HOpe all is going well, I live bout 7 miles from you..... PM or Email me if there is n e thing I can do to help you with your bike....
Old 09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Crashing always sucks and based on a friend's opinion of the traffic in SoCal I don't know how any of you stay alive - let alone busted up. My friend spent twenty-five years in SD and he says the traffic there is just as bad now as it used to be in LA. He's been in Austin for 5 years and had an opportunity recently to go back. After his visit of 5 days there was no question. Home is where the helmet is. Good luck and speedy recovery. Most of all keep in touch!

Quick Reply: I'm done riding