General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

I just got spanked. By a completely stock car.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
I just got spanked. By a completely stock car.

So I was ridin down the strip and I get passed by some guy in a silvery blurry thing. So I speed up to catch him. It's a brand new nissan skyline gt-r. So he wan't take off from a light with me (smart guy) but around 55mph he guns it. So of course I gun it. And I hang in there neck in neck for a SHORT while, and then boom. He's gone. For those not in the know, the gt-r is a twin turbo 3.8 liter v6 with 480hp and 434ft lbs of torque. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with a stock 1/4 mile of 11.7. Top speed, 192mph! I know my bike can beat that in the quarter mile but from a roll on I was lights in his mirror... We ran a couple more times after the stop lights ran out, and the same result every time. But I did learn that my chopped exhaust shoots 12'' bright blue flames whenever I decelerate.
Old 06-04-2009, 09:41 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
That's right. Who cares who is faster when you're blowing fire out of your exhaust. Cars are Name:  supergay.gif
Views: 2000
Size:  13.4 KB
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
That's right. Who cares who is faster when you're blowing fire out of your exhaust. Cars are

And your SuperHawk didn't cost $75,000
Old 06-04-2009, 09:51 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
11.7 is really quick for a car, but most all bone stock 472 lbs. (wet) VTRs ran 10.8-11.2 et when tested. I'd expect the gtr to walk away after about 130 mph, but before then a well tuned VTR, especially a lightened one, should come out on top. If you're just rolling on and he's shifting at red line, that doesn't tell you much.

And there's always the possibility the guy's lying about being all stock.

Last edited by RK1; 06-04-2009 at 09:53 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
well I just assumed, it still had dealer plates. Granted, my bike is running a tad rough, but I was nowhere near 130 when he took off. More like 70.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:10 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maverick
well I just assumed, it still had dealer plates. Granted, my bike is running a tad rough, but I was nowhere near 130 when he took off. More like 70.
Probably a safe assumption. Just sayin' if your bike is running 100% and you're shifting for max power you should take him up to about 130.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:31 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
The GTR is one unbelievable car. That car generates so much sustained torque over 3K RPM that I don't doubt it was bone stock. Check some of the dyno charts...

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do.../photoId=52914
Old 06-04-2009, 10:55 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
I would smoke that cage with a wheelie.
Old 06-05-2009, 03:53 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by maverick
So I was ridin down the strip and I get passed by some guy in a silvery blurry thing. So I speed up to catch him. It's a brand new nissan skyline gt-r. So he wan't take off from a light with me (smart guy) but around 55mph he guns it. So of course I gun it. And I hang in there neck in neck for a SHORT while, and then boom. He's gone. For those not in the know, the gt-r is a twin turbo 3.8 liter v6 with 480hp and 434ft lbs of torque. 0-60 in 3.5 seconds with a stock 1/4 mile of 11.7. Top speed, 192mph! I know my bike can beat that in the quarter mile but from a roll on I was lights in his mirror... We ran a couple more times after the stop lights ran out, and the same result every time. But I did learn that my chopped exhaust shoots 12'' bright blue flames whenever I decelerate.
next time you're going to give someone that much of an advantage, you might be served well to remember your false sense of confidence.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:45 AM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
Let's see who keeps up in the twistys
Old 06-05-2009, 06:40 AM
Super Byrd
Superstock

Byrdman is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yruyur
+1
Old 06-05-2009, 07:20 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
a well suspended car like that would still be difficult to take in the twisties IMO. I have run into a few people who can really drive while riding twisties and did not feel like they where slowing my pace down much, although I will admit I am no racer on the street but I would like to think I maintain a decent pace.
Old 06-05-2009, 07:34 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
I disagree with the implication that bikes will kick *** in the twistys across the board. A car that handles and runs well and will kick your *** on most curvy back roads. Four tires with larger contact patches, more protection from hazardous objects, and there's a good probability that if you fall off in front of it(all it takes is a little dust or debris), you and your bike will get smashed to hell and back. On the track it may be a diff scenario.
Old 06-05-2009, 08:00 AM
SuperBike

RCVTR is an unknown quantity at this point
Not surprising.

I was riding wih a couple friends on HWY 1 a few years back. We had gone by a group of cars that included a Dodge Viper. I have no idea what the state of tune was, but the car was obviously well set up, and the license plate said 'RAYCIN'.

We had pulled over to wait for Kevin's GF, when the Viper came by haulin' ***. Well, we couldn't just let him go, so we jumped on his tail. He would roll on to pass a car and the bikes would just keep up, but it was an even contest. Then we got into the twisties and he was 4 wheel drifting the corners. It was way nuts. I backed off, because it was not a good day to die. Kevin went with him on his 999R. I was afraid we were going to find him off the cliff, but he came out alright.

A fast car in the hands of a good driver is a formidable opponent.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:14 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
It used to be that on a closed course a stock, state-of-the-art bike would lap faster than a stock sports car like a Corvette or Viper. That may still be the case. The bike will lap faster because of superior acceleration, and that's it. Cars brake better and corner better. We all know that a Formula 1 car will lap most tracks more than 20 seconds a lap faster than MotoGP bikes because the Formula 1 car is superior in every aspect of performance, including acceleration.
A public highway is a different story for the two box stock vehicles. My money is on the 4 wheeler every time (if, of course, it's well driven).
Old 06-05-2009, 09:43 AM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
about the twisties....any other car other that supercars (lambo, ferrari, etc etc) i would have laughed, BUT the Skyline GTR is absolutely fenomenal in the corners....i have no doubt it would smoke 98% of the bikes out there and more imporantly 98% of the riders...

there was a 5th Gear (UK car show) who tested a 1098 VS a Lamborgini.

bike was ridden by a well known UK rider (forgot name). straighline the 1098 walked away, corners they were the same, braking the lambo reeled him in....
Old 06-05-2009, 09:49 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Considering how fast that thing can corner.. It is one of the few cars that would simply walk away from us in the twistys.. The ONLY time our bike would have any chance at all would be a 0-60 straight with a good rider.

The GTR can do the Nuremberg ring in ~7.5 min!! That is well into motorcycle times..
Old 06-05-2009, 10:27 AM
SuperSport

swordfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by lazn
Considering how fast that thing can corner.. It is one of the few cars that would simply walk away from us in the twistys.. The ONLY time our bike would have any chance at all would be a 0-60 straight with a good rider.

The GTR can do the Nuremberg ring in ~7.5 min!! That is well into motorcycle times..
damn. it took me 10 min on an R1 LE. in Tourist Trophy.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:11 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
damn. it took me 10 min on an R1 LE. in Tourist Trophy.

Damn dude.

A chick can do that.

In a ford transit van.

DIESEL.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/660D0...at-jeremy.aspx
Old 06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't need any Meds
Superstock

5150 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LineArrayNut
Damn dude.

A chick can do that.

In a ford transit van.

DIESEL.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/660D0...at-jeremy.aspx
with one eye tied behind a eye patch, with an inline 6,, with two dead cylinders...with watered down fuel..on bald tires.. mis matched,, one not even the same size as the rest..lol and still she did 10 minutes and a few seconds. haha
Old 06-05-2009, 01:18 PM
SuperSport

if you feel a slight tossling of your hair and a "woosh" sound, that was my joke.if you turn around and run, you might still catch it.lol I didn't know they had diesel ford transits in that game. must be one I haven't unlocked.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by swordfish
if you feel a slight tossling of your hair and a "woosh" sound, that was my joke.if you turn around and run, you might still catch it.lol I didn't know they had diesel ford transits in that game. must be one I haven't unlocked.
I have done low 8 runs on both 2 & 4 wheels IRL... Lemme know when you want to come over and play...

Oh and BTW I'm expecting you to bring your own bike & leathers... I can arrange for a pax lap in a car of choice though...
Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Tweety
I have done low 8 runs on both 2 & 4 wheels IRL... Lemme know when you want to come over and play...

Oh and BTW I'm expecting you to bring your own bike & leathers... I can arrange for a pax lap in a car of choice though...
dude, I would love nothing more, and if the stars ever aligned, I would be there in a sec. sadly I was refering to the only way most of my countrymen will ever see the nurburgring and that's in a videogame. tell you what tho, you spring for the airfare, and I'll be there this weekend. I'll bring my leathers, but the bike might be a problem. not sure how much it would cost to ship air freight from IL.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
ATGATT
Superstock

newb007 is on a distinguished road
I'm guessing it might be cheaper to buy a bike there!
Old 06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by newb007
I'm guessing it might be cheaper to buy a bike there!
Probably true... And for some reason all the car rentals around the nurburgring only have smart cars or the likes... Wonder why...
Old 06-05-2009, 05:09 PM
MotoGP

Though an offer to all... I'll give anybody nuts enough to climb in the car with me a pax lap (or as many as you'd like) at the cost of buying me a meal at the local restaurant later...

The rules are simple... You need a helmet (or you will hit your head on the crash cage) and absolutely no puking in the car...

I'm there 2-3 times a year on 2 wheels, probably 10 times or so in a car...
Old 06-05-2009, 05:44 PM
Superstock

RoofCleanPhenom is an unknown quantity at this point
now just how on earth did you see your exhaust while you were riding!!?? lol
Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM
Superstock

Duck007 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RoofCleanPhenom
now just how on earth did you see your exhaust while you were riding!!?? lol
Severe elbow tuck...you know, the move you have to make when you want to see ANYTHING behind you in the stock mirrors.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Boosted
SuperSport

Syclone is on a distinguished road
Did you watch that video? That's insane
Old 06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
MLB
Back Marker

MLB is on a distinguished road
Sure wouldn't be the SH.

Quick Reply: I just got spanked. By a completely stock car.