General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Hello from a newbie

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 05:42 PM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Hello from a newbie

Hello all. Just joined up. I'm going to North Carolina tomorrow to pick up my new bike! As you may have guessed from my user name, it's an '03, Blue. My other ride is a '01 Goldwing 1800.

Wondering if anyone can help me with a newbie question. I read quite a bit on here last night regarding the CCT probs. Has it ever been truly established weather or not Honda ever changed the design to eliminate/reduce the probs? If not, any rough guide as to what mileage I can expect it to last?

Also, anyone have suggestions for an underseat storage/fender eliminator. I understand the Taillockers are no longer made.

Thanks in advance !

Lance
Old 04-24-2006, 06:04 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Hello from a newbie

Welcome Lance, I don't think there is a specific mileage and there is no warning!! Many say the different color paint spot means corrections.I asked my local honda shop and they saw no record of correction.Many users here have used the ape cct's. I've yet to fix the problem. but my 99' has 21,000 miles on it though these are great bikes.be safe and post lots of pics.Corbin seats makes something called beetle bags. they are saddle bags with under-seat storage.but imo they are UGLY.I cut my rear fender off with a razor knife I can post instructions if your interested.
Old 04-30-2006, 07:38 PM
Back Marker

bluevtr
So, does anyone have suggestions for an underseat storage/fender eliminator? I understand the Taillockers are no longer made. If I could just get enough room to squeeze in a rain suit or such...

BTW, I've put a whopping 30 miles on her so far. Been working ever since I got back. Hoping to make up for that this week.
Old 04-30-2006, 10:43 PM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sargent seats have a small cylinder under the seat but as far as a large storage locker....I don't think so. I have a rumble sports undertail and there's plenty of room to throw a rain suit inbetween the seat and undertail. Where in FLA are you?
Old 04-30-2006, 10:48 PM
MotoGP

Never mind I see your near O-town, my brother lives up there. If I go up on the bike I'll let you know and we could ride with a friend of mine with an sv 650. Any desire to do a track day?
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 AM
Squid

dsbunton646

welcome! hey superhawk 22 do you have pics of the rumble undertail installed on your sh? i was thinking about getting an undertail. any info or suggestions on the type? are you happy with yours? etc.. by the way i do have a carbon fiber hugger on mine, but i think a color match yellow would be best.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:45 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road

Hello Lance, welcome to the list... I have the Corbin seat and there is some room under it with the stock pan to fit a rainsuit or in my case jacket liner. I keep the tool pouch up behind the seat latch/taillight so its its out of the way. I have seem some seats on ebay with a locking compartment built in.

Rick B
02 SH
Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 AM
Back Marker

bluevtr
Yea, I'd love to do a track day. Realistically it probably wouldn't be until the fall, tho. Want to get some miles on and get everything good and broken in. I've been riding a wing for the last several years, and it'll take a little time to get used to the Hawk.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:11 PM
MotoGP

Completly understandable. I try to go to the track in Jennings Fl. one weekend every 3 or so months. Really nice motorcycle only track with smooth grippy surface. They have track days all the time and it's only $125 if you preregester on the weekend and $99 all the time on mon. Very minimal prep, no license requierd and 3 levels, novice has some really slow first timers so it's a good learning pace that you can go pretty quick in once your comfortable. But let me warn you now most people get addicted to it easily, I've already spent about $700 this year on tires alone.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:14 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by dsbunton646";p=&quot
welcome! hey superhawk 22 do you have pics of the rumble undertail installed on your sh? i was thinking about getting an undertail. any info or suggestions on the type? are you happy with yours? etc.. by the way i do have a carbon fiber hugger on mine, but i think a color match yellow would be best.
I'll try to post some later but I think there are some some where on the site. I'm happy with the look but the blinker lights are a little small and close together so I put some other blinkers to add more to it. I'll see if I can find some pics.
Here's a link to some, I know if you do a search for undertail there's a lot of different options.
https://www.superhawkforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2261