General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

good morn.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 04:45 AM
Squid

L-man is on a distinguished road
good morn.

Well , even here in south Texas , the cold has entered,,,, baby is wrapped up in the garage.
Good morn. , grab a cup of coffee and stay warm !
L-man out
Old 11-30-2006, 05:12 AM
Motorcyclenut!
Squid

prhenderson
It's chilly in San Diego this morning too.

But I will be riding to work regardless, cause before the day is over, it will be 70.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:54 AM
Squid

L-man is on a distinguished road

Lucky dog !
Old 11-30-2006, 07:00 AM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
It's 75f here at 9am in SOUTH Texas. :-)

(sound of wind now blowing and wet stuff on on the streets)

Opps, never mind........
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
0920: 29F Wind NW @ 12mph Ice on anything that ain't breathing!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:23 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
its been nice up here in Buffalo NY, put some miles on the SH over the weekend - unfortunately the 60+ degree days are ending with rain and snow by tomorrow
Old 11-30-2006, 07:37 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, it's headed your way, Rick! And the shitty part of this for all of us who don't live SoCal - this is a SLOW mover. It's going to be around for a while. The sun will be back out in Texas in a day or two but the cold is going to hang on. Watch the cold tires and bridge decks - condensation is a killer! Let's keep everybody out of the hospital right now before the holidays! :-D
Old 11-30-2006, 08:08 AM
Squid

V-Raptor is on a distinguished road
Low of -2 and currently 12 degrees in Denver. Everything's frozen and beneath that ice, more ice. Sucks. Want to hear something funny? I'm supposed to take my road test for my motorcycle lisence tomorrow. That's not likely to happen. I'll probably be rescheduling that one more than once.
This season is great for buying a bike but it's not much more than a piece of art in my garage for the next couple months. Global warming needs to get it's *** in gear. Joking of course....but seriously.

Gary
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 AM
MotoGP

superhawk22 is an unknown quantity at this point
75 and sunny here!!! I just hope that front doesn't come through here on sun. I'll be at the track and north Fla. does get a little cold.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:53 AM
SuperBike

no snow!

We are used to the cold and snow up here but it does take some time for drivers to get back into winter driving mode again... I have a 4wd Avalanche so I can get through it pretty well. Lets hope its not like the 10/13 surprise storm that dumped 22.6 inches of heavy wet snow on us causing lots of property damage, down trees and power lines! It was only supposed to be a dusting but once that lake effect snow machine gets going look out - but the winds shouldn't be in the right direction to bury us again this time...

It will make it seem more like December around here with some snow on the ground though...

Originally Posted by nuhawk
Yeah, it's headed your way, Rick! And the shitty part of this for all of us who don't live SoCal - this is a SLOW mover. It's going to be around for a while. The sun will be back out in Texas in a day or two but the cold is going to hang on. Watch the cold tires and bridge decks - condensation is a killer! Let's keep everybody out of the hospital right now before the holidays! :-D
Old 11-30-2006, 09:08 AM
Squid

VTwin996Rider is on a distinguished road
Mid 70's and sunny here...dropped my daughters off at school and went back to the house and rode my chicken into the shop...Uggh...Damn I didn't want to make that right turn into my work...O well...gotta make that pay check...be good guys:-D
Old 11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
MotoGP

Checked the weather in Panama City, 22. Rain on Sunday with a low of 39F. High is 66 so it sounds like all a matter of time. If you run early morning and afternoon you should be ok. The more west the track is the sooner in the day it will hit! Good luck and cool runnin'
Old 11-30-2006, 09:48 AM
MotoGP

Jennings is pretty much in the middle of the state so hopefully it will hold off long enough to get some good laps in. Should be breaking the 1:30 barrier this weekend, so I need a dry track for that.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:21 AM
MotoGP

Well, this is not looking good! It's noon here now, the temp was 30 - now is 29 - predicted high was to be 39 - ain't gonna make it! Winds are now 32mph out of the NW. Tonight will cost me plenty
Old 11-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Back Marker

Dave Wicks is on a distinguished road
Good Morning

Hey Guys;
I live in Canada, few hours north of Montana, it was about -30 last night, yuk..bike is parked till the spring for sure. This is fix-it time..I enjoy that and the shop is warm. My latest project(s) has been to put dieletctric grease in all the connectors, polish the exhaust, run new fluid into brakes, shim my carbs..did the baffletectomy, changed oil, now I'm touching up all the paint knicks etc...proving to be a little tricky...Is there anybody on this forum from Kansas?? I'm taking a course down there next May, would like to ride down, unsure if the weather has settled there by then??

If your riding..stay safe
If your fixing...don't lose parts
Stay Warm
Dave...
Old 11-30-2006, 12:52 PM
Back Marker

thegreep
Shooting for 24 up here in utah
Old 11-30-2006, 12:58 PM
Back Marker

NovaWildcat08
4-10 deg. C with 120km/hr wind gusts here in Galway, Ireland.
It's hard enough to walk, let alone ride.

Studying abroad for the semester and missing my baby like crazy. Can't wait to hear her purr when I get home on Christmas Eve. I think that'll be the best Christmas present.

Hope you can all find some warm days left in the season, although that may be difficult for anyone not in Fl. Tx. or Cali. Ride safe. Rubber side down.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:22 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Mid 70s & Sunny in Richmond, Va today. Supposed to be about a hi of 50 this weekend though.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Back Marker

MisterMohawk
Got up to 65 here on LI today. Had a nice ride (okay, I was zipping through TRAFFIC, not THAT nice) after work. Didn't even need the insulated liner in the leather jacket!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Squid

roadapple is on a distinguished road
It's about 17f here in Amarillo.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:43 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
It's in the 20-30's here in Northern Indiana as the front just came through last night. This week was nice riding weather for sure. I'll probably get a couple of chances in early December and then be forced to winterize the beast. The deep freeze of winter is starting to set in...
Old 12-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Superstock

sprhawk neil is an unknown quantity at this point
well your sh#$y weather came in yesterday it was 23 when I got up this morning then about 8:00 the snow came about 8 inches in four hours. I've been stored for winter for about a month now
Old 12-01-2006, 05:15 PM
SuperBike

its still 39 at 8pm here in Buffalo but we have wind gusts up to 57mph so far and a lot of rain. I liked the 68 degree high two days ago much better.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Squid

Corona Hawk is an unknown quantity at this point
Just got home from my after work ride, it went from 47deg.(8:30p.m.) to 36deg. in the valleys to 40deg. at home(9:00p.m.).
Old 12-02-2006, 06:12 AM
Squid

barkmagnet is on a distinguished road
Mid 80's here,
Sorry dont hate me. We also have to live with those hurricanes.
Supposed to be a cold front coming in by Monday, highs in the upper 60's. Lows in the upper 30's,
I'm off this morning to by another XR 650L It needs work put the price is almost nothing, how can I pass it up. I have a 94 XRL set up for dual sport.If I can sweet talk my better half into keeping it, it will be a supermoto.
Maybe I can hook up with Superhawk22 and do a track day with it.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Squid

seroj is on a distinguished road
Kansas

Dave, I live near Kansas City. The weather in KS in May can be pretty unpredictable. Temps between 40-90. Some good thunderstorms can roll through. With a little luck, you should be fine

Let me know if you need anymore KS advice.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Back Marker

Kansas

Hey Seroj

Thanks for the info. I'm taking a course at Abilene right in the middle of May. It's sounds like your weather is similar except we wouldn't have any 90 degree weather..Tends to be wet and unsettled up here. What do you think about riding through Black Hills and down the west side of South Dakota, Nebraska then accross before cutting south into Kansas. I'm wondering if being closer to the Rockies is asking for trouble or should a person be out on the plains..??

Thanks Dave
Old 12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
Squid

seroj is on a distinguished road
Well, mid May is a real crap shoot anywhere east of the Rockies. Out in the high plains you'll probably see some pretty big thunderstorms and even supercells that time of year. Good thing is, you can see them building miles away and take cover if you're in their path. Mid May is when the storm chasers head out, because there's usually some pretty good storms and tornados. In between storms, the weather should be great for riding

I'm jealous, I've never been up to S Dakota, and I'm itching to ride the black hills. Let me know if you want to meet up when you're in KS. There is some good riding in the flint hills out near where you'll be.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:01 AM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by barkmagnet
Mid 80's here,
Sorry dont hate me. We also have to live with those hurricanes.
Supposed to be a cold front coming in by Monday, highs in the upper 60's. Lows in the upper 30's,
I'm off this morning to by another XR 650L It needs work put the price is almost nothing, how can I pass it up. I have a 94 XRL set up for dual sport.If I can sweet talk my better half into keeping it, it will be a supermoto.
Maybe I can hook up with Superhawk22 and do a track day with it.
If you're serious we can hook up anytime, I'm going again this weekend and then again in Jan. for my bday after that I'm probably taking a couple of months off to pay some bills. But if you ever do want to let me know I'm sure I can get you addicted too! The track I ride is a blast on motards too!!
Old 12-07-2006, 04:43 AM
Back Marker

Kansas

Hey Seroj;
Appreciate getting info on the "ususal" weather patterns. It's "crap shoot" up here too. But.. I'm planning on riding down to Abilene. I used to live in Edmonton Alberta during the 80's. We had a category 4-5 tornado go through killed 26 people..pretty scary.. It would be great to hook up while I'm down there. I could make the trip in two huge days, I'll likely do it in three to enjoy more, stay off Interstates more. There is great riding in Montana, Wyoming and South Dakota. Some of the great roads like Bearstooth Pass won't even be open that early..11,000 ft pass..need a Skidoo to do it. I think the class I'm taking is May 14-17. I will confirm that. Depending on your schedule..we could meet up on my way down.. or ride a bit togther on my way home..or hook up some time while I'm in Abilene.. I see you have the fast coloured one too. Mine is a 2000, stilled called a Firestorm in Canada, it's yellow but it is a pearl yellow..stock colour.. I've done the Bafflectomy, shimmed carbs as per Greg..Superbike guy's advice..polished exhaust..otherwise it's stock..Got it this fall..traded 1500 Valk for it and a 250 Ninja for the wife... used to ride sport/cafe bikes years ago...Love this bike..

Take Care
Dave... I'll stay in touch

Quick Reply: good morn.