General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Free can of STERNO comin out of pipes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 03:12 PM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
Free can of STERNO comin out of pipes!!!

yes... thats embarassment you see in prelude of this sentence....

lets say the bikes warmed up for 5 minutes of stop and go 35mph of driving... if i leave the bike in second or 3rd or 4th gear about 4k rpm's-which is very typical, then let it it naturally decel with no throttle(engine braking) , right at about 2.5k-3,000 RPMs , i hear a light puff puff puff coming out, which may 1 time out of five lead to a pop if i gradually open the throttle in that range. oh yeah, a blue "can of sterno" looking flame too.
yes, ive removed the entir pair system, capped off the reed valves and the tiny pencil-sized hose leading to the pair control valve to the right side of the carb in a "Y" split(if your behind the bike looking at it, THAT right side.) ive capped off the two little air filter hoses in either corner of the airbox, but i only have TWO HOSES left that i hook up: the one in the front left bottom and lower right bottom. they are the HUGE hoses, like 1" in diameter or so. other that that its all out.

yes, i have played with my idle adjustment mix screws, from 2 turns to 3 turns out, didnt make a difference in the popping and bubbling. i DID notice if i leave my hand on the throttle like a 1/32" of a turn and brake slowly with my right fingers, its not there. so its DEFINITLY something with my mix screws.... or is it? its rather annoying. maybe need to cap off EVERY DAMN thing leading to the airbox, not only the pair stuff but the other things. so the only way for air to get would be fromt he front induction. what ya think? me goin nuts... hah
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Slacker
Superstock
Superstock

BeerHunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by ClevelandSuperhawkRumble";p=&quot
ive capped off the two little air filter hoses in either corner of the airbox,

maybe need to cap off EVERY DAMN thing leading to the airbox, not only the pair stuff but the other things.

I think you need to re-connect those "two little air filter hoses in either corner of the airbox". The reason is this: those hoses feed atmosphere into the lower diaghram area of the carb slides. If these ports are plugged off, the slides will not behave properly, and the engine simply will not run right.

If anyone else can explain this better, please feel free to do so.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 AM
Superstock

ClevelandSuperhawkRumble
Re: Free can of STERNO comin out of pipes!!!

ill see what i can do. yeah, those hoses are capped off.. the little plastic hoses like 2" long that can rotate in a circular motion. ill reconnect, see what happens. :P other suggestions?