General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

fork swap for fighter?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:26 PM
supermatt996
Squid

supermatt996 is on a distinguished road
fork swap for fighter?

not a superhawk question but i know one of you has the answer. I picked up a 1992 Kawasaki ZX 600 for free on saturday. Wrecked front end but frame and engine are in good shape. Thought i would build a fighter for my wife. The upper triple clamp is broken and needs new forks. In order to mount new forks other than stock they have to be the same size diameter and lenght? and if i go with cbr triple clamp assembly what do i need to check for?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:01 PM
SuperBike

Truckinduc is on a distinguished road
you can mount different forks if they are the same diameter. Length is something separate, Obviously shorter and you will change your bikes geometry. Also the front rotor spacing and calipers can be a big problem.

Swapping an entire front end Is about as easy as it gets. By this I mean the forks, triples, wheel and brakes off of another bike. As long as the stem is the same diameter you can press it out of the old lower triple and into the new one.

If you post over at customfighters.com, Im sure you will get lots of help there. I have no experience with this bike but people there might.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:11 PM
supermatt996
Squid

supermatt996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Truckinduc
you can mount different forks if they are the same diameter. Length is something separate, Obviously shorter and you will change your bikes geometry. Also the front rotor spacing and calipers can be a big problem.

Swapping an entire front end Is about as easy as it gets. By this I mean the forks, triples, wheel and brakes off of another bike. As long as the stem is the same diameter you can press it out of the old lower triple and into the new one.

If you post over at customfighters.com, Im sure you will get lots of help there. I have no experience with this bike but people there might.
hey thanks thats what i needed to know i was probably going to do a whole front end swap but i needed some input