General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Esurance Ad

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 07:10 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Esurance Ad

I got an email from Esurance for their motorcycle insurance. Here is the pic they used- closely resemble a VTR eh?
Perhaps they give discounts for VTR riders?

No, I don't use Esurance for my bikes, but that is who I use for my cars. I would be interested to know some of the most recent insurance rates if anyone cares to post them. Or maybe I'll search...
Attached Thumbnails Esurance Ad-vtresurance.jpg  
Old 02-28-2008, 08:50 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
I have Geico for my bikes, they were the cheapest when I searched for better rates... I guess being in NY screws me as I have a very good driving record and the defensive driving credits but still get charged 641 a yr for the SH (full coverage)... was much better for my '92 Nighthawk 750 at $170 a year...

Last edited by RickB; 03-01-2008 at 11:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:55 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Condor is on a distinguished road
I have progressive for my bike and my cars. the superhawk is 340$ a year for full coverage, which went down from my r6. i have had motorcycle safety course certificate, and i have the police Emergency Vehicle Operation driving training certificates, so i think thats what makes it so low... by law they have to give me a 15% discount. i have never had a problem with progressive. the 2 times i had to use my insurance they were all over it and got the job done quick and right.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
Condor- I wish they gave a discount for Fire EVOC.

I use Progressive and the SH costs $186 for 12 months of liability.

Esurance just quoted me at $410- I'm happy with Progressive.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:17 AM
MotoGP

ghopki1 is on a distinguished road
Mine is $98 per year for liability.......

and I get 10% back at the end of the year.....LOL
Old 02-28-2008, 09:35 AM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Looks more like a Duc ST3 or ST2.

$600/yr on the 900RR through the Gecko.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:43 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Hotbrakes
Condor- I wish they gave a discount for Fire EVOC.

I use Progressive and the SH costs $186 for 12 months of liability.

Esurance just quoted me at $410- I'm happy with Progressive.

check your state laws. it is a state law (here at least) that they give people with EVOC certificates an insurance discount. if im not mistaken, every state has to give it, its not a choice....at least that was what i was told years ago when i went through it.... you just have to give them a copy of your certificate. and you have to ask for it, because they damn sure dont offer it to you. you might be able to shop around too, some companies give a different rate of discount. some here were 10%, but the place i went to was 15%... every little bit helps what with the american dollar rapidly turning into toilet paper.

Last edited by Condor; 02-28-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:49 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by marmaladedad

It's an st3/4 ducati...yeah I know we need to get lives lol.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Minimal Post
Back Marker

Josh is an unknown quantity at this point
What's insurance. If you're in WA you don't have to pay for insurance on motorcycles unless you personally want the peace of mind.

Exceptions to mandatory insurance (in WA).
You don’t need to provide mandatory insurance when you operate a vehicle registered as a:

Motorcycle. (RCW 46.04.330)
Motor-driven cycle. ( RCW 46.04.332)
Moped. (RCW 46.04.304)
Antique vehicle. (RCW 46.16.305(1))
Collector vehicle more than 30 years old. (RCW 46.16.305(1))
State or publicly-owned vehicle. (RCW 46.16.020)
Common or contract carrier with the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 PM
Back Marker

ascothawk is on a distinguished road
I live in Dayton,Ohio and have had Progressive for 24 years,no claims,and 1 speeding ticket on file(Sept.05) N.Carolina trooper at the Gap and pay $128.00 for my 98 Hawk,and $65.00 for my 83 FT500 Ascot,$193.00 total.Both are full coverage 12 month policies.I used to pay $290.00 for 9 month policies,but when I changed to 12 month 2 years ago it dropped $100.00.When I received the new policy I thought they made a mistake,I read it and paid it,was the same last August when I renewed again.My father-in-law is 75 years old, never a claim in 60 years of riding pays $240.00 a year for his 2000 SV650 thru State Farm.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Redtail Raptor
Squid

cljackson99 is on a distinguished road
I'm 39, live in central Ohio, never had a motorcycle claim and no moving violations on the motorcycle (speeding ticket in the minivan four years ago). I pay $175 per year for full coverage on the '02 Superhawk I finally bought this week. Insurance thru Progressive. Was paying $75 for liability-only on my '84 VF500F Interceptor thru the same policy.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM
KindredGhost
Back Marker

KindredGhost is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by marmaladedad

Hey marmaladedad, how much was it for your vtr when you had it insured? And what kind of insurance and coverage did you have?

KG
Old 02-28-2008, 10:02 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I've got liability only on my '03 VTR. Costs me $80.50 per year from McGraws.

FWIW;

The guy who runs Progressive (inherited it from his Daddy) is the largest individual contributor to the ACLU and is tied for first (with George Soros) as the largest contributor to MoveOn.org and too many other "progressive" outfits to name.

Besides, I doubt they could beat $80/year even if I was willing to patronize them.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Hmm?
SuperBike

marmaladedad is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by KindredGhost
Hey marmaladedad, how much was it for your vtr when you had it insured? And what kind of insurance and coverage did you have?

KG
My memory is starting to fail me, but I used to have full coverage minus uninsured motorist (which is kinda like rolling the dice in LA ), and it was (I think) approximately $400/yr. I also had a car on the insurance, which helped a little bit on the rates. I switched to Gecko for liability only later on, and it was $105/yr.

HTH.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:35 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
I've got liability only on my '03 VTR. Costs me $80.50 per year from McGraws.

FWIW;

The guy who runs Progressive (inherited it from his Daddy) is the largest individual contributor to the ACLU and is tied for first (with George Soros) as the largest contributor to MoveOn.org and too many other "progressive" outfits to name.

Besides, I doubt they could beat $80/year even if I was willing to patronize them.
i did not know that but i will be doing some research now....
Old 02-29-2008, 07:20 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Condor;

I'm sure most people have no idea who this guy is or what he funds, and many wouldn't care as long as they're happy with their insurance. That's fine by me. I'm not preaching at anybody. But some people would be bugged by it and ought to know.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:31 AM
Back Marker

altosuperhawk is on a distinguished road
I've switched to Geico this year from GMAC. Liability- 100-300-50 runs anywhere from $49.00 for my '94 CB1000 to $73.00 for my '07 Aprilia Tuono. $63.00 for the Superhawk. Rates were similar between GMAC and Geico but GMAC's coverage was only 20-50-10 for liability. Getting 5 to 6 times the coverage for the same price from Geico was a no-brainer for me. I also get a multi bike discount and the ol' fart discount.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by RK1
Condor;

I'm sure most people have no idea who this guy is or what he funds, and many wouldn't care as long as they're happy with their insurance. That's fine by me. I'm not preaching at anybody. But some people would be bugged by it and ought to know.

oh im bugged by it. i looked up some stuff. he gave 8.5 million bucks to the ACLU last year. my insurance is up with them in afew months and i will be changing it. i dont want a penny going to those ******* communists. thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:20 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
The gecko has all our business. If you don't have issues they provide some neat extras. In Texas - they tell you up front - we're not going to write a policy for less than $89 per year. So you get to chose some extras according to what you think are your security concerns.

I also think that insurance companies love to trade paint with other companies.

They will give advanced rates to riders that have been at it for a while - not had a chargable "at fault" accident in the latest millenium - and ride on a recreational basis.

Well, "recreational" just went out the ******* window. Stations here are at $3.59.9 for diesel fuel. I'm riding my bikes every chance I get.

If the traffic doesn't kill me - fuel prices certainly shall.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:14 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Condor
oh im bugged by it. i looked up some stuff. he gave 8.5 million bucks to the ACLU last year. my insurance is up with them in afew months and i will be changing it. i dont want a penny going to those ******* communists. thanks for the heads up.

Yeah, If I was in charge, the ACLU and its funders would be forced into hiding, fearing angry mobs, seeking asylum in Havana etc.

I'm pretty sure McGraws (aka Pacific Specialty Insurance) writes policies in Ga. They've always given me the lowest quote. Years ago I had a bike ripped off and they were 100% good.

When they offered to send me a check for Blue Book, I told them my bike could't be replaced for that amount. Said they'd check it out and get back to me.

Long story short, they sent me a check for published Blue Book plus 30% and found an area dealership had a copy of my bike- lower miles plus accessiories, which I could purchase for the amount they sent me. Still got that bike.