General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Deal of the century?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 09:04 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Deal of the century?

Check it out boys, I jsut picked up a set of hi-mount MIG for..... are you ready for it?

$16 USD!!!!!! With shipping (from Norway), it works out to about $50! The may not be perfect (although they look pretty decent in the picture), but I'll be painting them anyhow.

here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0%3D%26fvi%3D1

While I still hope to find a full system at some point, this should do the trick until then.

Woohoo!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:08 AM
Superstock

skoshere is on a distinguished road
hopefully that works for you, the guy has a solid rating... awesome deal.. is that the US ebay or what?
Old 05-13-2009, 09:11 AM
MotoGP

UK eBay. They have a much better selection of VTR stuff (believe it or not, the bike was a sales success in the UK and Europe, where the market is not dominated by posercycles).... Still hope to find a full system there one day.....

Last edited by mikstr; 05-13-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:16 AM
SuperSport

Death Cattle is on a distinguished road
who the hell gives a **** what they look like. for 50 bucks!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 AM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
You are going to..... paint them? I hope you aren't going to do what I think you are going to do.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:47 AM
MotoGP

I was thinking of doing the flat black treatment (will see once I get them what kind of shape they're in of course), I may get the link pipes ceramic coated in flat black and do the cans in high heat exhaust paint (equally flat black). Will see...

Anyhow, will be putting my 2-1 Blue Flame Dual Port set-up up for sale at some point....

Last edited by mikstr; 05-13-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:59 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
That a killer deal!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
nice!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
MotoGP

I know. I had been watching it for some time and couldn't believe the price was stuck at just over 5 GBP, so I thought what the heck and stepped in with an 80 GBP max bid and bingo!
Old 05-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Another OCMD victim...
Back Marker

Firestorm996 is on a distinguished road
I have the race MIGs in CF, you will not be disappointed...they rock
Old 05-13-2009, 10:22 AM
MotoGP

I may look at putting a dB killer in them at some point as cops here in Quebec are beginning to crack down on loud pipes but I'll wait to see how they sound first. I am not too keen on some of the hi-mount pipes on the market (the link pipes looking long and awkward) but MIG seem to have gotten the look right. The mounting system seems pretty ingenious too.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:21 PM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
hahahaha, awesome deal! good for you!!!

i just bought an rc51 in montreal.
Old 05-13-2009, 12:51 PM
SuperSport

yruyur is on a distinguished road
fantastic deal. There are a few people that sell carbon fiber and aluminum replacement sleeves for about 80 bucks.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:03 PM
MotoGP

I may look into a replacement sleeve (carbon?). Of course, everything will depend on the condition (and, to a lesser degree, the weight) of the originals.
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
Squid

JoeSnowden is on a distinguished road
I can't believe it! I have been looking for cans all week, well I bought some Viper cans for 70 quid which I'm happy about. I didn't see these, must be due to the fact he didn't have firestorm in the auction title, silly boy, he would have had a lot more for them then.

All the best, Joe
Old 05-13-2009, 02:01 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Congrats, and a great buy.. I thought I did good at $150 for my set.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:46 PM
SuperBike

JamieDaugherty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
I was thinking of doing the flat black treatment (will see once I get them what kind of shape they're in of course), I may get the link pipes ceramic coated in flat black and do the cans in high heat exhaust paint (equally flat black). Will see...

Anyhow, will be putting my 2-1 Blue Flame Dual Port set-up up for sale at some point....

Easy... easy... slowly... step back away from the paint can... that's it... easy....
Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM
MotoGP

I'm starting to have my doubts if it isn't too good to be true (that the guy may not honour the sale). I have sent two messages and have yet to get a reply. Also , he has not yet claimed the payment sent via Paypal . I could understand him being pissed at having to let them go so low (guess he should have formulated a better ad, then it would have showed up on more searches and he would surely hae sold them for a lot more money) but, as it says when you go to bid, it`s a legally binding contract.

Anyhow, I e-mailed eBay to find out if and what the time constraints are for him to get back to me and/or ship the pipes.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Out of my mind, back in 5
MotoGP

Tweety is on a distinguished road
Well, since he hasn't stated a time, they usually go by 7 working days I believe from earlier experience...
Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 AM
MotoGP

Well, I finally heard back from the seller. He apologized for being late in getting back to me and explained he got called out of town for work (came across as an honest guy). He says he'll be shipping everything out shortly. Needless to say, I am very relieved!!!!
Old 05-15-2009, 12:51 PM
Back Marker

tbartley is on a distinguished road
Great deal...but be relieved when you actually get them in hand!
Old 05-19-2009, 11:15 AM
MotoGP

Bullshit alert just went off!!!

Just got this mesage from the seller:
"I do have some bad news though. An angry ex-girlfriend who told me to remove some of my stuff (pipes included) from her garage (or else) has followed through with her threat before I got back from work and just dumped my gear...I spend today going through the dump where she said she tossed them but no luck I'm afraid. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. I lost the pipes, a tank, new MX tires, even my ps2! I'm realy sorry, especially since this was my first sale and it makes me look like an A**hole.

Ofcourse all your money comes back to you pluss you'll get top feedback and I sinceerly apologise for any inconvenience."

Anyhow, forwarded it on to eBay and will see what they say. If the sale is legally binding on the buyer, should it not be for the seller too?

Yep, if it seems too good to be true.......
Old 05-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mikstr
Just got this mesage from the seller:
"I do have some bad news though. An angry ex-girlfriend who told me to remove some of my stuff (pipes included) from her garage (or else) has followed through with her threat before I got back from work and just dumped my gear...I spend today going through the dump where she said she tossed them but no luck I'm afraid. Hell has no fury like a woman scorned. I lost the pipes, a tank, new MX tires, even my ps2! I'm realy sorry, especially since this was my first sale and it makes me look like an A**hole.

Ofcourse all your money comes back to you pluss you'll get top feedback and I sinceerly apologise for any inconvenience."

Anyhow, forwarded it on to eBay and will see what they say. If the sale is legally binding on the buyer, should it not be for the seller too?

Yep, if it seems too good to be true.......
Micky, you sure can pick'm! LOL

Nice story though!
RC
Old 05-19-2009, 11:30 AM
MotoGP

Yeah, just my luck. I seem to be an ******* magnet for eBay sellers....
Old 05-19-2009, 11:59 AM
Another OCMD victim...
Back Marker

In theory you can insist in the contract, made by you buying the item and him, offering and finally selling the item.
I had a similar thing going on, the only difference was, i was the seller and had a documented accident with the bike the day the auction ended.
The buyer didnt let me out of the contract and i had to provide him a replacement which cost me big bucks, dont wanna think about it any more.....lol

Sorry this happens to you, but i can assure youre not alone.
Dunno if u want to go through all that, i would just forget the MIG and go for the Akra full system though.....

seeya
Old 05-19-2009, 12:20 PM
MotoGP

thanks Peter. I will wait to see what eBay comes back with. While his story is indeed possible, the timing is HIGHLY suspicious. My empathic side feels bad for the chap having to sell the pipes at such a low price (I know I would feel cheated if I were in his shoes) but, a contract is a contract.

I would love to get the Akra system but the price is a bit steep, especially when you add in the shipping and all.....
Old 05-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Another OCMD victim...
Back Marker

Micky,
i just sent you some other links to exhausts, check it out, maybe one comes over cheap....
You can still make a offer for the Akra, maybe he accept who knows.

seeya
Old 05-19-2009, 12:43 PM
MotoGP

thanks again Pete, ever the helpful gentleman

Last edited by mikstr; 05-19-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Superstock

cameron is on a distinguished road
dam sorry man. sounds like a douch?
Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM
MotoGP

thanks. After some thought, I decided to go on Peter's lead and picked up the Akra system ($1100 CAN mind you) but it's in mint shape and ther are so few out there. Once the MIG story fell through, I though of freshening up my 2-1 (with larger diameter can and link pipe) based on info gained from two chaps in the UK and Australia. That would have meant an outlay of at least $600, with God knows what for results. So, I decidex to chip in the remainder and buy the top item. I will now run the bike with the Akra and velocity stacks until late Fall at which time I will get the pistons put in. BTW, I will be selling my 2-1 system (with heat-wrapped header, link pipe, hi-mount bracket and freshly re-packed Blue Flame Dual Port can). PM me if interested (have alook at my gallery pic to see what it looks like; only diffrence is the link pipe is now done in flat black exhaust paint).

As for the MIG man, I'll see what eBay comes back with. As I am not convinced as to his honesty, I may well press the issue and get him to cough up a replacement exhaust (which I can sell to re-coup some money).

Quick Reply: Deal of the century?