General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

D&D on Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Back Marker

bmidd is on a distinguished road
D&D on Ebay

Is anyone else here bidding on these? I think I just hit my max and will probably get some Danmoto Jisu pipes this winter. I've had 2 deals fall through on Jardine high mounts and I don't want to spend more than $230 or so, it will cut into my budget for suspension.

Honda VTR1000F Superhawk D D Polished Aluminum Slip on Exhaust Mufflers VTR1000 | eBay
Old 11-30-2013, 12:11 PM
Back Marker

Asa matter of fact, I might just get two more of these car mufflers and have them grafted onto the stock mids like we did on my friends 999. They have a baffle, sound like thunder from above when the baffle is out and they cost about $35/each.
Attached Thumbnails D&D on Ebay-4.jpg  
Old 11-30-2013, 01:06 PM
SuperSport

matt365 is on a distinguished road
Don't like the look of those car mufflers myself. Seem pretty cheap looking. If its hidden like it is on the duck, that's one thing... but I wouldn't do it on a superhawk.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:47 PM
Superstock

RobertLever is on a distinguished road
I'm so itching to make a Dungeons and Dragons pun here. That's a pretty tight budget for cans Bmidd. I think you'll be limited to those car mufflers or a scratched set of used bike cans. There's a guy selling a decent set of used Leo Vince SBKs on Ebay, but he wants $325 for them. It's still a bargain as they're $500 and up new. Good luck hunting.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RobertLever
I'm so itching to make a Dungeons and Dragons pun here. That's a pretty tight budget for cans Bmidd. I think you'll be limited to those car mufflers or a scratched set of used bike cans. There's a guy selling a decent set of used Leo Vince SBKs on Ebay, but he wants $325 for them. It's still a bargain as they're $500 and up new. Good luck hunting.
The guy with the Leo's is the same one as this auction. It's a 15 year old motorcycle, I refuse to spend 1/3 of the cost of the bike itself for noise gain. Never have in 23 years and never will, but I will drop a grand on suspension on every bike I own. We'll see how it plays out this week.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Back Marker

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!! Got them for 236.50 shipped!!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Thread Killer
SuperBike

VTR1000F is on a distinguished road
Good deal. Let us know how they sound.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:01 PM
Superstock

You got the D&Ds? Awesome! Post pictures when you get em on the bike.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by RobertLever
You got the D&Ds? Awesome! Post pictures when you get em on the bike.
I will! Only 5 people bid on them and no one went very high. The seller lowered the reserve price twice, I upped my max to $300 shipped just in case. Ordered some Krieger CCT's with the balance. One of my friends son lost his ride in AMA and he has tons of springs from years of racing, going to get the forks done soon.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Superstock

You may want to check out Daugherty Motorsports. Jamie Daughterty has an entire page devoted to suspension mods for the Hawk. He has the best price for a decent rear shock that I've seen. See the thread Another for Daugherty Motorsports.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Back Marker

I will most likely go with him on the rear shock, I went down to the shop today and made sure he has some more 1.05 or 1.10 springs and he has both. I will probably just go with springs and a fluid change until I decide how long I will keep this one. I'm toying with not riding the street any more and may end up trading for a nice dirt bike and getting a 600 for the track.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Back Marker

I've installed lots of exhaust systems and this one is a PITA. The left side midpipe will not go over the factory joint. Goes on about a quarter of the way at most. Right side goes right on. Going out of town next week so when I get back I will take the mid to the muffler shop and get the end opened up some and upload a video clip.