SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   Could have been worse (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/could-have-been-worse-26300/)

RWhisen 08-05-2011 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by shake-n-bake (Post 310794)
i dont get this. if they are here illegally, how can they attend school, and get tuition rates?

Tht's a whole other can of worms, better left to the Rant section....

speedkelly@aol.com 08-05-2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer (Post 310784)
I've told this true story before, but here goes. This happened about 20 years ago:

A guy speeding on a Kawasaki starts running from the cops in LA County on the freeway. I think it started on the 605, north.

After running on at least 4 different freeways at speeds up to 135mph, he figures he's ditched the cops, so he pulls over for gas in South Orange County. He then continues on, riding south on the I-5.

He gets hungry, so he stops at a McDonalds in Oceanside (San Diego County), and he's arrested while waiting in line to order a Big Mac.
I guess he didn't realize that a chopper was following him the whole time. He probably covered about 100 miles.

True story (except he may have been ordering Chicken Mc Nuggets, I don't know).

The way you tell that story its sound like you! Hmmm? miss spent youth?

Hey we all do stupid when we are young, I'v got the scars to prove it. Never run from the cops in the USA. But did it once or twice in the UK. This was in the very early eighties, and back then Uk traffic police did not have helicopters. Got caught once, I was not a happy camper. How many times can you bump your head going in and out of a police car? quite a lot apparently! It's a long story.
What ever the reason never run from the cops. Your just looking for a whole world of trouble. I would say to the original poster, if you really need a motorcycle fix maybe buy a dirtbike instead. No issues with having a licence there. Plus gets you off the road. You can crash your heart out in the dirt learning bike skills at the same time. Also chicks dig scars!

VTRsurfer 08-05-2011 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by speedkelly@aol.com (Post 310797)
True story (except he may have been ordering Chicken Mc Nuggets, I don't know).

The way you tell that story its sound like you! Hmmm? miss spent youth?

Not hardly. I read it in the paper or heard it on the radio or TV.

Besides, I was riding an '86 700 Nighthawk S at that time... It topped out at about 115 (which I only know from a deserted road late at night;), on my way home from work).

I did have a friend with a 600 Hurricane who outran a cop at 2 am on his way home from work (he was a bartender). I thought he was an idiot for doing that.

Like someone stated above, just pull over and pay the ticket. I've done that plenty of times. Since I was a teacher from 1974 through 2008, it wouldn't have looked too good if I got arrested.

CRSIGI 08-05-2011 09:17 PM

I can't afford to be full time, Im going to take math 151 and its $1300 for 4 credits

lazn 08-08-2011 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by CRSIGI (Post 310813)
I can't afford to be full time, Im going to take math 151 and its $1300 for 4 credits

You could check into the community colleges. Usually somewhat cheaper. But yes, cost is usually the biggest problem for most people in that situation.