General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank

Old 10-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Back Marker

WhOrD is on a distinguished road
Talking Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank

Hello Everyone!

1998 SuperHawk 24xxx miles, runs wonderfully. Front right OEM faring was cracked from previous owner. It was more affordable to go with third party fairings from ebay (pre painted) instead of ordering 1 OEM front fairing and repainting the other parts.

1. Tank and front headlight housing plastic painted to match replacement fairings by Maaco ($350) wonderful job.
2. Fairings Ebay: Selena_Moto88 (All Black)

Fairings:
1.The fairings arrived at my door from China in less than two weeks!!!
2. I work 60+ hours a week, I dont have time to to install these pieces myself. If I could, I would. The fairings were professionaly installed for a very decent price. Some holes needed to be tapped, most needed to be enlarged and all tabs were re-inforced with two part epoxy. (easily done yourself if you have the time.)

The front peice which houses the headlight did not fit and the OEM piece had to be repainted at Maaco (along with the gas tank) and modified to fit the non OEM tabs / connectors of the replacement fairings. Selina_Moto88 reinbursed me for this and I am extremely satisfied, trust me the transaction was smooth.

In the end, I still have the OEM fairings which I could sell, the new fairings look beautiful and are almost as thick as the factory OEM pieces. The paint on the replacement fairings is fantastic. The modified fitment allows the fairings to easily be removed and they feel solid at 100+mph. I highly reccomend Selina_motto88, amazing customer service and the pieces fit well if you have the time to work with them (which I dont).

Maaco did a wonderful job on the tank and front fairing. This was in Palo Alto California. "Curt" helped me out.

Took the bike out into the hills of Portola Valley, went all the way to half moon bay and then came back. It was beautiful with almost no cars. (noobie didnt take pictures)
Attached Thumbnails Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank-new-1.jpg   Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank-new-2.jpg   Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank-new-3.jpg   Chinese Fairings + Painted Tank-original.jpg  

Last edited by WhOrD; 10-27-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 09:15 AM
Retired- but not tired!
SuperBike

CrankenFine is on a distinguished road
Are these fairings still holding up? I am faced with fixing my left side fairing or replacing with new. Low sided in a left turn on Thanksgiving day.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Show us some pics if you can. Perhaps seeing the damage, we can help save you a few frog skins by giving you repair tips....if you want them.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:47 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Looks really nice. Love the Indigo full exhaust. Add you to the list though of people who say the chinese fairings don't fit right. I've heard mostly nothing but complaints about the fitment-I wouldn't buy them. I'd rather fix and refinish the original parts. But I understand about the ease of going this route.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:28 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
beautiful! Nice job. Can you provide a ball park figure of the cost? I don't need it but curious. I would like to paint my fairing black as the crazy bright red gets noticed by the police too often. Maybe a satin dark gray to match the black top? LOL
Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 PM
SuperSport

twist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by WhOrD
Hello Everyone!

1998 SuperHawk 24xxx miles, runs wonderfully. Front right OEM faring was cracked from previous owner. It was more affordable to go with third party fairings from ebay (pre painted) instead of ordering 1 OEM front fairing and repainting the other parts.

1. Tank and front headlight housing plastic painted to match replacement fairings by Maaco ($350) wonderful job.
2. Fairings Ebay: Selena_Moto88 (All Black)

Fairings:
1.The fairings arrived at my door from China in less than two weeks!!!
2. I work 60+ hours a week, I dont have time to to install these pieces myself. If I could, I would. The fairings were professionaly installed for a very decent price. Some holes needed to be tapped, most needed to be enlarged and all tabs were re-inforced with two part epoxy. (easily done yourself if you have the time.)

The front peice which houses the headlight did not fit and the OEM piece had to be repainted at Maaco (along with the gas tank) and modified to fit the non OEM tabs / connectors of the replacement fairings. Selina_Moto88 reinbursed me for this and I am extremely satisfied, trust me the transaction was smooth.

In the end, I still have the OEM fairings which I could sell, the new fairings look beautiful and are almost as thick as the factory OEM pieces. The paint on the replacement fairings is fantastic. The modified fitment allows the fairings to easily be removed and they feel solid at 100+mph. I highly reccomend Selina_motto88, amazing customer service and the pieces fit well if you have the time to work with them (which I dont).

Maaco did a wonderful job on the tank and front fairing. This was in Palo Alto California. "Curt" helped me out.

Took the bike out into the hills of Portola Valley, went all the way to half moon bay and then came back. It was beautiful with almost no cars. (noobie didnt take pictures)
I live in S. F. PM me if you're interested in going for a ride or just telling lies.