General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

can a updated superhawk co exist with the rc51

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Squid

miken996
can a updated superhawk co exist with the rc51

All right heres the deal I am chapped what the hell is Honda doing the Superhawk is a great bike but it needs some help by todays standards and I do believe as long as they produce the RC51 the SuperHawk may never be upgraded. I am sick of hereing the last 3 years that this is the last year of the RC51. Dont get me wrong the RC51 is a great bike and will be sad to let it go but I just dont see were the bike sits in its current form. And not only do they bring it back every year they just made it more expensive!!! The RC51 is a all out race bike that is what it was designed to do. It was built to compete to the likes of the gsxr1000 and r1. Bothe these bikes will absolutlely leave a RC51 for dead. My point is if they are going to continue production of the RC51 then up the anti and pump some power out of the bike so it can compete in its class it was designed for other wise 86 the thing and upgrade the damm SuperHawk. Honda first had the 900rr 122 hp then came the 929rr 128 horse power then the 954rr 134 hp then the 1000rr 155 hp RC51 in five years of perduction has increased the hp by 5 WOW my other point being no true racer is going to choose a RC51 over a cbr1000rr its just not going to happen now for the street mabye a diffrent story. So here is what you do you take things you know work with the RC51, Fuel injection, brakes, handling, and the things that work good with the SuperHawk, usable power band, comfort, and reliablity and you combine the two them you have a great bike that is not going to cost you that much to produce because you already have most of the parts you just have to redisgn some things. Im not here to tell honda how to run thier business but I truly beleive the SuperHawk has so much more to give than the RC51 get rid of it AND STOP MAKING IT MORE EXPENSIVE ITS ALREADY EXPENSIVE ENOUGH!!! SHUU....that felt good!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
Re: can a updated superhawk co exist with the rc51

I agree with your "rant" except for 3 things:

1) they keep selling the 51 because it, just like the superhawk, still sells.
2) the 9 series got more hp partly through displacement increases, the 51 is maxxed out (racing class wise)
3) fuel infection is not necessarily a benefit.

Yup, combine all the good things about each into one bike and you'd have one friggin' awesome real world street/track bike.