General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

bike dyno'd

Old 11-25-2005, 10:12 AM
Squid

xxxrated
bike dyno'd

hi all, had my bike dyno'd today and want to know what you think of the results. i personally think its down on power seeing as its got scorpion race cans on.
it managed 99.82hp (sae) and 64.24 ft-lbs of torque. its also running lean until 6000rpm so what would be the best thing to do for that. i was thinking moving the needle in the carb 1 notch..
Old 11-25-2005, 12:20 PM
Superstock

woodman
Re: bike dyno'd

Do you have a jet kit installed?
Old 11-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Squid

xxxrated

Originally Posted by woodman";p=&quot
Do you have a jet kit installed?
naa, only performance mod so far is the pipes as far as im aware
Old 11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Squid

xxxrated

just been having a look back through all the dyno posts and i see that cans do not affect the power atall .the dyno guy siad i can have another run whenever i want for half price so i think im gonna get an air filter, i take it K&N are the way to go. and a dynojet kit, i see that they come in different stages. which 1 would you recommend for an aftermarket panel filter and scorpion cans (no baffles)????
cheers
Old 11-26-2005, 07:47 AM
Superstock

mikecronis

Slip-ons add no power, just noise and coolness. Aftermarket "headers" in conjunction with slip-ons add a few Hp/torque, though I've never found any company offering headers for the Superhawk yet. Rejetting is usually necessary after headers installation according to Muzzy.

Jet Kits (parent company K&N) stage 2 along with a K&N offer about a 3Hp gain but a significant loss of 5Hp around 3k to 5k rpms (aka a "flat spot"). Since I usually shift around 4-5k rpms, this would be "less than desireable".

I have a sneaking suspicion that the famed "bafflectomy" does nothing but again adds noise.

The spark-advance deal is pretty legit if you use 91 octane but with all the pain in the *** work required with the ohms and what not I'd suggest against it.

I went down 1 tooth in the front but the speedo was 7% off which sucked so I went back (nice and cheap to do).
Old 11-26-2005, 08:30 AM
Squid

xxxrated

cheers for that. thats a bugger it gives a flat spot at them revs as i use it as a commuter as well as a weekend toy so it wouldnt be ideal.
i think the lowest ive seen in any pertol station round here is 95 octane but i dont really fancy messing about with the spark adavance, not yet anyway. will definetly look into some headers though.
cheers
Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 PM
SuperSport

NOrrTH is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't have to have the "flat spot". Got rid of it on mine and my "seat of the pants" plus racing my buddy on his stock VTR says its faster. When we do a roll on from 60mph at 4k I walk away.