Bike to Bike communicators??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:21 PM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
Bike to Bike communicators??

Thinking of getting some bike to bike communicators, need them for two full face helmets (maybe a third) We dont want to spend a ton on them. So who has them? What kind? How do you like them? Can you make it into a blue-tooth headset for you cell? thanks..
Old 07-16-2008, 06:42 AM
SuperSport

haknslash is on a distinguished road
Two local riding buddies decided to be the guniee pigs for our group and bought some of the new Blutek helmets. They are running a special introductory price on SBN before they hit the market for the first 500 helmets. Special price of $210.

Check them out...

http://www.blutekhelmet.com/Welcome.html

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/blu...es-inside.html

They have typical bluetooth phone operations as well as support bluetooth to bluetooth helmets for bike to bike intercom. They also support Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) which means any songs on your bluetooth device (that supports A2DP technology) can be trasmitted to the helmet.

When compaired to helmet add-on bluetooth systems like Blueant ($189) http://www.myblueant.com/interphone-...helmet-kit.htm or Cardo Rider ($130) http://www.cardowireless.com/scala_rider , the added bonus of it being integrated into a helmet for a little extra money is justifiable IMO. Or in my case it is as I need to get a new helmet anyways and was wnting some form of bluetooth technology so I can answer calls/use phone/intercom with buddies while riding.

Just a thought in case you didn't know these were out yet. They are very new to the market. I plan on checking them out and taking some pics of them at our bike night tonight. My friends were going to give us a little reveiw as well on the build, ride, and fit quality. I'll know more on them tonight and will post up.

Last edited by haknslash; 07-16-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:22 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Hi Hak,
One thing I'd be interested in; can the bluetooth device be transferred to another helmet if the Blutek gets damaged?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:14 AM
SuperSport

I am not sure but I would think not. Or at least not without some modding to the new 'donor' helmet as the blutek is fully integrated.

I think the intercom/phone mic and the ear piece/speaker are made into or behind the liner of the helmet on the blutek. I'll know for sure tonight as their site doesn't show any inside helmet pictures.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:16 AM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
As with most Communication Systems, you get what you pay for. Inexpensive and quality are on opposite sides of features offered by most manufactures.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:03 PM
SuperSport

Originally Posted by motojoe
As with most Communication Systems, you get what you pay for. Inexpensive and quality are on opposite sides of features offered by most manufactures.
I've been impressed with mine so far. https://www.superhawkforum.com/forum...636#post176636
Old 08-15-2008, 04:23 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
I have also heard of people using just plain walkie talkis with a ear peice. sure you have to push to talk and everything but its cheap easy to make and can be transfered to any helmet
Old 08-15-2008, 04:29 PM
SuperSport

Hotbrakes is on a distinguished road
My friend and I have a pair of Cardo Scala Rider Q2's. I got them on Ebay for just over $300 shipped. They are bluetooth and there is no PTT. Just talk and it activates. It works well with my phone under 80mph and my Garmin Zumo 550 which is bluetooth as well. I haven't tried anything else, but I am happy with these. They have FM radio too.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:02 AM
JAMES
Superstock
Superstock

Pimpsterbim1 is on a distinguished road
I ended up getting a pair of used Chatterbox X1 for $300.. they were in good condish. just needed a new helmit mount $5... happy with purchase but definatly would not pay MSRP of ($330) EACH!! but it is very nice to have them..