General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

Bafflectomy - effect on consumption

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Squid

mwdejager is on a distinguished road
Question Bafflectomy - effect on consumption

I've read quite a bit of conflicting stories regarding jetting after a bafflectomy. I have checked with my local dealer who assures me that re-jetting is not necessary. Those of you that have done the bafflectomy, without re-jetting, did it negatively affect fuel consumption? My VTR is pretty economical at the moment and I would love to keep it that way as it is my commuter, but I need some volume

Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
I've noticed a slight hesitation when the RPM's are low. Like the 2 -3000 range. I have been told that I need to shim my needles. I haven't done it yet. And no, I haven't noticed much of a difference in fuel economy. Maybe a mpg or 2. It sounds more like a shadow or vtx now. I'm saving up for a set of carbon jardine's .
Old 03-27-2009, 07:35 AM
2nd mouse gets the cheese
SuperBike

Little_Horse is on a distinguished road
with full bafflectomy stock jetting, on the highway steady throttle 43mpg, then later I rejetted, stock mains and pilots, and a few clicks richer on the needles, 42 mpg steady throttle. Has a little bit more giddy-up in the mid range now. I'm sure though if I am on it now with the rejet I would not do as well mpg's as before.