SuperHawk Forum

SuperHawk Forum (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/)
-   General Discussion (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/)
-   -   backflping a superhawk (https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/general-discussion-30/backflping-superhawk-15920/)

nnjhawk02 08-24-2008 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by lynchie (Post 177871)
your a fucking idiot

Yep - my same thought

Y would U do that to a twin?

Now if it was an f3 / f4 - or similar stunta ride - I'd not have a problem - but NOT AS TWIN.

ur an Asshat

cliby 08-24-2008 08:41 PM

I was reading some of the comments before watching the videos, and the one about you being an idiot bothered me - I mean, hey if you want to learn to stunt, more power to you I think. I respect guys that can take the time, and pain to learn it well and if you have a safe empty stretch of pavement, great.
THEN, I watched the videos - and actually, maybe they had a point. Again, the stunting stuff, great to watch, even the stuff that goes wrong to learn something. But the full throttle while laid on its side seemed like firing a bottle rocket indoors, jackass video kind of stuff. yeah, nobody got hurt, but that was just luck - and its not really a 'stunt'. Your bike, your life (and the camera guys), but not sure what you're gaining.
Good luck on the rest of it though

Condor 08-24-2008 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SD Hawk (Post 177936)
I get "stunting" about as much as I get NASCAR, monster trucks and arena football. But then again that's just me......

+1...no, it's not just you

Scoutpilot 08-24-2008 10:01 PM

The pain!! I can't watch. Like my bikes too much to put them through that!! Poor Hawk.

sumthin_major 08-24-2008 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by captainchaos (Post 177947)
Just hurts a little to watch nice stuff get hammered. I love watching stunt riders but always cringe when I look at whats happening to their bikes.

+1
Maybe you'll get the hang of it before you kill that bike. Keep tryin and we WILL keep watchin. Jus some will laugh and some will cry. :thumbsup:

inderocker 08-25-2008 04:56 PM

Wow.... that made my eyes water a little. It looked more like a thrash session on a poor VTR than stunts. But I guess that is the learning curve "stunters" eundure. Either way, it shows a serious lack of respect for a machine of that size/power.

codfish124 08-26-2008 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by inderocker (Post 178099)
Wow.... that made my eyes water a little. It looked more like a thrash session on a poor VTR than stunts. But I guess that is the learning curve "stunters" eundure. Either way, it shows a serious lack of respect for a machine of that size/power.

well erlyer i was trying to do the same thing and did it but i didnt have enuff gas to keep it going and get it back down. there i learend that you dont want to give it more gas from a stop.

also i still have the body work and a spedo healer gagues (25k) headlight the farring arnt too bad but there is a hole i cut for the cage pm me if you want any of this

DuCaTi_HuNtEr 08-28-2008 10:33 PM

You are a brave soldier for learning to stunt on a superhawk.

melow08 09-03-2008 07:41 AM

Let's stop being so PC. I agree that he should be able to do what he likes with HIS bike, regardless of what we think. It is a shame to trash a Superhawk, they're kind of a special class as compared to other "sport" bikes. As for practicing stunting, he can ride a tank wheelie, so he has some skill, but if anybody watched the videos and think that's just part of practicing, wake up! That was pure and simple trashing his bike, at least the last 2 vids. Anybody that has any love for their bike shows some kind of emotion when it falls. His reaction to flipping his bike and watching it drop are casual and almost comical, ( thus the laughing in the background), like "look how funny I am, I wrecked my bike". In my opinion, that's just childish, but as was said earlier, each to his own, it's his bike and he can treat it as he sees fit. I just had to respond since some of you are trying too hard to be sensitive to his ego. Let's call a spade a spade.

JamieDaugherty 09-03-2008 09:39 AM

I continue with my previous position: What give us the right to judge? Call a spade a spade, your comments about it being childish, thrashing, etc. are ok. Just don't say he "shouldn't" be doing it, we have no right to do that.

J.J. 09-09-2008 02:31 PM

Congrats bro - youre about to graduate from "squid" to stunter. Notice I said "about to"...

12 o'clock wheelies are cool - but only if youre on the bike!

That wasnt a circle burnout, what you did is commonly called a "chainsaw" burnout. Again, a circle burnout requires you to actually BE ON the bike.

The wheelie your pal did behind you while you were up on the tank was the gheyest wheelie I've ever seen.

Other than that, keep it up, keep practicing. Youre looking better and better.

codfish124 09-09-2008 06:21 PM

thanks J.J. iv done a few 12ers wile on the bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8m2SGfNTg still no where near good at them but with time

melow08 i have a stunt cage on the bike so after the first 10 or so times iv crashed it and the bike didn't take any damage i don't even look tell i see fluides coming out it a lot of of work and trial and error the back flip was an error the scraps on the top of my cowl are priceless and the only damage was to the reservoir for the brake and clutch so less than 100$ on that error

L8RGYZ 09-09-2008 08:29 PM

Wish I could do stand-ups, but at 57 I'm just not willing to pay the price to learn.

And for those who just call someone an "idiot" for doing something that they can't or don't want to do... free your mind.

rooster 09-10-2008 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by cliby (Post 177951)
I was reading some of the comments before watching the videos, and the one about you being an idiot bothered me - I mean, hey if you want to learn to stunt, more power to you I think. I respect guys that can take the time, and pain to learn it well and if you have a safe empty stretch of pavement, great.
THEN, I watched the videos - and actually, maybe they had a point. Again, the stunting stuff, great to watch, even the stuff that goes wrong to learn something. But the full throttle while laid on its side seemed like firing a bottle rocket indoors, jackass video kind of stuff. yeah, nobody got hurt, but that was just luck - and its not really a 'stunt'. Your bike, your life (and the camera guys), but not sure what you're gaining.
Good luck on the rest of it though

I did the same thing! I read and see this stupid crap all the time on the Gixxer forum but expected better class of riders in this forum. Bringing down the Superhawk name. I still miss mine. Mark my words you will see this bike on Ebay with the words NEVER ABUSED and ADULT OWNED

jbaxx 09-10-2008 07:19 PM

Not impressed.

vermontzx6r 09-10-2008 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by codfish124 (Post 177933)
you know some people like to go fast in the mountains and most wreck hit a deer or something. some people like to go to the track and a lot of them wreck. most bikes go down if you ride them hard now if you have say an HD and just use it to look cool or get girls them problem don't go down as much. iv tried it both ways but going fast in the mountains is just way to unpredictable for my liking not saying what happened to me in that last video was predicted but i learned something from it (just cause i gave it more gas from the start doesn't help it stay running at 12) so i wont do that again well try not to.

my exhaust is the stock cans cut the ends off and fully debaffled them so there empty.

my faring is off cause one of the ears on the steering stem that hold the faring stay on broke off.

and the damage on that wreck was minor just broke off the reservoirs maybe 30$ to fix

the video of me doing a burnout wasn't bad on the bike as i have a full cage so to call me a spoiled boy is retarded as i was burning off the very edge of the tire and i bet you don't use that part ether you might but your testies are bigger than mine

A lot of us use that part of the tire. Thats why its there. Thats why superhawks have 180's is cause they get low through the Mountains with the riders ON the bike. Most of us don't hit deer with our hawks when we're IN those mountains, thats what bow season is for. I've killed more deer than I've even seen while riding a bike (exhaust notes scare them, specially twins).

While obviously what you're putting online rubs me the wrong way, this is AMERICA and you can do what you want. Hopefully you get better. I've spent hours sanding, filling, sanding, filling, sanding filling and painting bikes that have been thrashed by other people. It makes you respect a beautiful mint bike, especially one as unique and rare as a superhawk. That's why this pisses a lot of us off. As far as people on this site are concerned it'd be like beating the piss out of a 900ss or 916. As long as you respect the machine and the sport, take it anywhere you want. But respect it.

Also- put up the good videos, not the shitty ones. And gear-up.

Tonyizcool1 09-10-2008 07:25 PM

What did the bike ever do to you to deserve that kind of abuse?

Sablotny 09-10-2008 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by lynchie (Post 177871)
You're an idiot...

+1

screamingwheelie 09-20-2008 08:04 AM

Stunting is fun. If you're not enjoying your bike, you're not living.

;-)

I just putt around with the front wheel in the air and commute every day. It's arm-stretching fun!

Woodytick 09-24-2008 04:23 AM

umm i trying to figure out what to say about this, but i just cant. of course the word moron does come to mind.

74stingray 09-24-2008 04:41 AM

I watched all the vid, I just dont get it, maybe at 33, I am just too old already to appreciate abusing a good bike.... sort of like the assburglars that take a classic car and chop it into something else, just makes no sense to me.

But to each his own and if thats how you desire to play and spend YOUR money, so be it.

I own a $2800 Beretta "682 Gold" shotgun, some guys would say thats stupid, I looked at it as a quality over and under that will be able to be handed down, generation to generation..... not saying a $600 Remington 11-87 wont last as long, its all personal taste, and it's MY money and MY shotgun. I've seen guys on the skeet range treat thier $10k+ shotguns as if it were a wal-mart gun....

Just as this guy beats his bike, its silly ass stupid to me, but its his bike... If hes doing this silly shit in empty parking lots and at the track, its better than the yo-yo's that zoom in and out of traffic on souped up racers wearing a tank top and flip flops....

rbrais 09-24-2008 12:46 PM

I considered buying a crashed inline-4 or something to try stunting. It's a given that learning how to stunt you will do considerable damage to your bike. Even pro stunters will occasionally trash a bike.

I think it is a shame to try to stunt a SuperHawk as they are much more rare than an inline. I guess we take it personally because SH's hold a certain sentimental value to us.

Not the best bikes for that either. The monster torque is not good for slow speed wheelies/control. The bike is too heavy. Difficult to smoke the rear tire when sticky. Not easy to nose wheelie (heavy bike and soft stock brakes) and the tranny tends to jump out of gear and get stuck on hard set-downs. Long wheelies may starve the front cylinder of oil (you have a ways to go before this becomes a problem for you).

I give you props for trying to learn how to stunt, but I advise you find a inline-4 1000. It will be much easier to learn on.

rossthompson 09-24-2008 02:27 PM

Kick ass, keep it up.

It's just a motorcycle, a machine to be used for whatever you want. That's the great thing, you can do whatever you want with it. Anyone who gets attached to a machine is missing a lot of points.

I take mine to the track and beat the shit out of it, but going to the track is too expensive and riding on the street is lame and dangerous. So it's good to see someone having fun with it!!!

I only stunt 50s, i can get a circle or two but that's it.

Tweety 09-24-2008 03:22 PM

I can do wheelies, long ones... both standing and sitting... burnouts and circle burnouts... and the odd stoppie... I guess that qualifies me as a "stunter" to some... But I can say for damned sure I didn't start learning on the superhawk... At that point the sheer torque of this thing would have scared me stiff... An IL4 600 is a much easier bike to stunt... The hawk is abit to heavy and ill tempered...

Trashing a good bike is always sad, and yes a bit worse with a bike that are almost rare... Atleast here in Sweden, they are... But then again... It's his bike...

And on that parking lot is way better than out in traffic like some morons...

But dude... ATGATT... stunting dressed like that is a sure way of going to the emergency room... not if... but when... the chance of that is far greater than hitting a deer in the mountains or planting it in a ditch somewhere...

Moto Man 09-24-2008 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by rossthompson (Post 182694)
riding on the street is lame and dangerous.

Maybe the street is lame in Kansas City, but not the mountian roads of California!

CentralCoaster 09-24-2008 03:49 PM

Wow, I never figured this place was so prudish. He's not allowed to do what he wants with his bike on a desolate road? It's not as if the Superhawk is a rare collectible or anything, they're for sale all day for $3-4K.

Codfish, once your bike is thoroughly used up, you should set it on fire and post that up here, just to piss off all the fingershakers.

In the meantime, keep us entertained... (Better you than me!)

vermontzx6r 09-24-2008 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by rossthompson (Post 182694)
riding on the street is lame and dangerous.
\

you sound like my grandfather....damn motorcickles!!!!