General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

anticipating the ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Squid

mustangharry is on a distinguished road
anticipating the ride

Here I am sitting in my garage. I'm enjoying a good beer, and smoking a cigarette (guilty pleasure when I'm drinking, try not to let it become a habit.) I keep gazing at my half torn down hawk, wondering how it's gonna be when I get it back together. Right now I have a new chain and sprocket kit on the way. Going +2 in the rear. My brother just bought a 06 CBR1000 because his ducati is starting to feel too slow for him. I know I'm not going to keep up with him, but I'm gonna try. Tomorrow the carbs come off for a good cleaning. The hawk is going to get new pilot power 3s and some new ebc hh brake pads too this week. When it's all back together I'm excited to use my new motion pro carb sync tool. I will probably do the tps mod while I'm at it. The weather here in Colorado is warming up and riding season is quickly approaching... although it didn't really leave for long. I was able to ride all the up until the middle of January. I can't wait to see how this thing feels with a little bit of love put into it. I don't ever post on here, but I needed to share my excitement with someone who cares. My wife doesn't get it lol. If there's is anyone here in the Denver area that wants to meet up some weekend you should let me know. Thank you everyone on the this forum for unknowingly giving me all the information I need to do the work on my ride. Also, thanks for letting this random drunk dude ramble. Now back to staring at my superhawk like some creepy drunk guy at the bar.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:27 AM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
I feel ya man. My SH I coming together and I am ready to get it done and back on the road. I have only heard it run beifly and I have actually never ridden it. I am looking forward to doing both very soon.
Old 03-16-2015, 11:29 AM
Superstock

Hangfly is on a distinguished road
Ha! Add me to the "Buy as found" club.
Have not even heard mine run yet. Have not even put a battery in it (might tonight) to find out what the mileage is.

Carb parts on the way.
MCCTs on the way.
Battery arrived.

Last edited by Hangfly; 03-16-2015 at 11:33 AM. Reason: photo
Old 03-16-2015, 07:33 PM
Superstock

Big_Jim59 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hangfly
Ha! Add me to the "Buy as found" club.
Have not even heard mine run yet. Have not even put a battery in it (might tonight) to find out what the mileage is.

Carb parts on the way.
MCCTs on the way.
Battery arrived.

I know this look well.

I could tell my bike was used in Texas or at least the Deep South. When I pulled the drive sprocket cover a cicada fell out. It startled me. I don't think I will ever get used to those bulging eyes.
Old 03-16-2015, 08:04 PM
Administrator
MotoGP

E.Marquez is on a distinguished road
Man I know how you feel... I anticipated the ride today as well.
. then the garage door made it all the way up and I got to ride in 70 sunshine weather all day...