General Discussion Anything SuperHawk Related

After market plastics

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Squid

merckid is on a distinguished road
After market plastics

Does anyone have any experience with buying a set of after market plastics. I recently laid my bike down and am boing to buy all new plastics. The trouble im having is finding a company that i trust and am willing to spend that much money with. I want a set of color matched plastics of good quality, but i dont want to buy factory. I was in contact with a seller on ebay called parts4bikes and they were willing to color match but they would only sell the plastics to me through paypal, i would like to purchase through ebay so that i am protected by the ebay buyers protection. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am looking for a complete set of the yellow plastics

thank you
Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by merckid
Does anyone have any experience with buying a set of after market plastics. I recently laid my bike down and am boing to buy all new plastics. The trouble im having is finding a company that i trust and am willing to spend that much money with. I want a set of color matched plastics of good quality, but i dont want to buy factory. I was in contact with a seller on ebay called parts4bikes and they were willing to color match but they would only sell the plastics to me through paypal, i would like to purchase through ebay so that i am protected by the ebay buyers protection. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am looking for a complete set of the yellow plastics

thank you
Everything that I've purchased through eBay has been through PayPal...I think that's the preferred method...
Old 09-25-2012, 10:24 PM
Squid

merckid is on a distinguished road
this seller just wanted me go directly through paypal...completely by-passing ebay all together to avoid the seller fee.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:50 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by merckid
this seller just wanted me go directly through paypal...completely by-passing ebay all together to avoid the seller fee.
Ah so ka...doesn't PayPal afford buyer protection also? If not, maybe you could split the ebay seller fee with him.

I K
Old 09-26-2012, 06:41 AM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
And that's why I'll be buying a set of Sharkskinz. A friend here in town tried a set of the Chinese plastics on his CBR, they melted.

Last edited by Erik S.; 09-26-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:28 AM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
PayPal is owned by eBay, just send the money for goods, not as a gift, and you have a 60 day window to dispute the claim.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:52 PM
Well take off, eh.
SuperBike

Jack Flash is on a distinguished road
Merckid, we've had a thread on this a few weeks ago or so. Replacement fairings

I'm sure if you do a little search on the forum, you may find other opinions concerning this. Good luck.