Forum Feedback Post tips, comments, problems, requests pertaining to the Forums.

Having to refresh on every thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 08:14 AM
Superstock

Mike996 is on a distinguished road
Having to refresh on every thread

Im using 2 different browsers (IE and google chrome) to test this, and also my iphone, but for the last few days, i have to refresh every page every time i look at it.

what i mean is, i look at the main forum index, and Ill see that someone new has posted on a thread. Ill go to that thread to see what was posted, and the thread will be missing that post until i refresh the screen while im on that page. Ill compare the time posted to the current time, and even if it was posted yesterday, i still have to refresh it to see the post. (i thought at first maybe the poster was in the midst of thier reply and just hadnt hit "reply yet)

Even if i refresh the main forum index page, and the last posters on a thread have changed, it wont show up until i go to that last page of the thread, and hit refresh.

I have logged in from both the top right log in and the one on the middle of the page, making sure the "keep me logged in" box is checked.

Am i the only one, or has anyone else been having this issue?

Oh, and sometimes when i go to "quote" a post, it tells me im not logged in. i have to hit "reply" instead. I tried quoting a post several different times today, and every time i did, it told me i was not logged in. But i could hit "reply" all day long with no problems.

Not trying to be a whiner, but just wanted to bring it up in case anyone else was having the same problems.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:36 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
I have no problems in Firefox or on my droid.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Superstock

I refreshed the main forum index and if you look at the first screen shot, it shows that the thread has 29 posts, and the last poster was Superclean09.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  4.7 KB

But when i go into the thread and refresh it, youll see that i had posted 2 replies earlier today.

I swear im not crazy and havent been drinking today
Old 01-15-2010, 12:59 PM
COBB Member
Superstock

stebbdt is on a distinguished road

Mike,Mike,Mike, this is us yer telling this to.. lol just bustin, I have'nt had the refresh problem, but, things seem to have slowed a bit the last couple of days.Another server attack?
If ya post a reply that's any longer than this, ya better copy it before hittin the post button, otherwise if it trips to the dreaded "page not found" you've just lost it all, and with all the imbibing around here, who knows what we'll forget to... where was I going with this?
Old 01-15-2010, 01:13 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by stebbdt

Mike,Mike,Mike, this is us yer telling this to.. lol just bustin, I have'nt had the refresh problem, but, things seem to have slowed a bit the last couple of days.Another server attack?
If ya post a reply that's any longer than this, ya better copy it before hittin the post button, otherwise if it trips to the dreaded "page not found" you've just lost it all, and with all the imbibing around here, who knows what we'll forget to... where was I going with this?

HEY! i resemble that remark! lol. i havent posted in the drinkin thread much lately, i might have to refresh it tonight
Old 01-22-2010, 05:52 AM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
I uninstalled/reinstalled google chrome. It was wreaking havoc sporadically. Worked ok for a while and started again. got rid of Google Chrome and downloaded Internet Expl 8 and have been ok so far/