Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

MisfitToy is on a distinguished road
Who will be the next president?

take your pic no im not bias
Old 09-13-2008, 06:22 PM
MotoGP

superbling is on a distinguished road
There's no need for this here; even in this forum. It does nothing other to incite. Instead why don't you go for a nice ride on a great bike? Thanks.
Old 09-13-2008, 06:58 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

Sure it does incite but its a part of our lives and is going to affect us all whether I vote you vote McCain wins or obama. The level that it goes to depends on its participants. I would rather hear somebody's level headed opinion then some guy who's trying to sell himself. Just like a car dealer. So lets see what develops it depends on us. Right now its just a vote.

viva la democracy
Old 09-13-2008, 07:52 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by superbling
There's no need for this here; even in this forum. It does nothing other to incite. Instead why don't you go for a nice ride on a great bike? Thanks.
Nobody said a damn thing when Randy was doing his Hillary rants! The forum has changed a bunch and maybe these new guys need a place to hash this out. This forum is home to a lot of active and those who have served in the military. I think most of these guys would stand on the sidelines in this sort of conversation because they have their heads figured out.

Moderator not regulator - it's how our country was born.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:00 PM
The Hypno-Toad
Superstock
Superstock

Kendrick is on a distinguished road
agreed, I don't come here for this...
Old 09-13-2008, 08:37 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
It's all in fun. Get a sense of humor. I'm a veteran of the US Navy, Viet Nam era, left active duty 40 years ago next month.

As for my political affiliation, I vote for whoever I think is best for the job and I don't always pick a winner. From 1976 until 2000 my candidate lost every time. Yes I did vote for Nixon twice, but I didn't vote for Regan or H W Bush.

So let those who wish to take part in this poll have some fun....THEN go out and ride.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:38 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kendrick
agreed, I don't come here for this...
If you don't come here for this, then don't fuel the flame by responding at all.

I have seen plenty of sound conversations go to hell because of comments like this.

You have the right to freedom of speech, include in that right is the right to say nothing at all.

IF Greg comes along and says that it's not appropriate for the site, then we should lock it and move along. Although, it appears that this is NOT the first thread of it's kind.

I do not like what is said by many people, but I still defend that Right everyday.

So I will request that you respect the Rights of others, and let them speak.

Erik
Old 09-13-2008, 09:04 PM
Shredding Asphalt
Superstock

Originally Posted by Erik S.

You have the right to freedom of speech, include in that right is the right to say nothing at all.

So I will request that you respect the Rights of others, and let them speak.

Erik

also given is the right to click on whatever thread you want... and dont want. Dont wanna read it? dont click on it.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:22 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
I'm OK with political threads as long as posters respect each other, don't get personal, insult each other etc.

I don't mind if someone insults my favorite politicians 'cause I don't really have any favorite politicians.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Since when did politics become so sacred? Politics is a joke, let's not take these guys too seriously. They sure as hell don't take you seriously!

I'm probably going to close my eyes and pick one. It doesn't really matter anyways. California always goes to the democrats.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:13 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
It IS "Everything Else", right?

Old 09-14-2008, 08:55 PM
Squid

sschuyten is on a distinguished road
A Nobody vote should be

Equal to none of the above. I haven't heard much I really like. Sounds of the same BS.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:26 PM
Back Marker

SD Hawk is on a distinguished road
Bottom line is that it is awesome that we have a choice!!!!
Old 09-14-2008, 09:44 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
It's all in fun. Get a sense of humor. I'm a veteran of the US Navy, Viet Nam era, left active duty 40 years ago next month.

As for my political affiliation, I vote for whoever I think is best for the job and I don't always pick a winner. From 1976 until 2000 my candidate lost every time. Yes I did vote for Nixon twice, but I didn't vote for Regan or H W Bush.

So let those who wish to take part in this poll have some fun....THEN go out and ride.
Damn straight! I don't always pick winners either. It's the man best for the job and has been since my grandfather moved to Texarkana. He moved the family there to keep brothers from fighting on opposite sides of the civil war. My Dad (decorated) was a marksman and engineer with the first engineer's team to make it to the top of hill in Normandy. I spent fourteen years in weapons developement because I couldn't go to Nam. You can't always pick the winners but you can always pick your fight.
Old 09-15-2008, 04:36 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
I say, I am happy with the poll. I Like to hear what my collegues think...

I think there have only been a couple posts here that I wish I hadnt seen.. thanks Randy..
Old 09-15-2008, 08:12 AM
Fastest Color
SuperBike

FL02SupaHawk996 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MisfitToy
take your pic no im not bias
It's a tough choice...NOT!

McCain & Palin get my votes if I can figure out how to vote more than once
RC
Old 09-15-2008, 08:16 AM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Just say NOBAMA!

government health care??....hahahahahaha.....i'm sure you've all been to the DMV!....
Old 09-15-2008, 08:57 AM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
Just say NOBAMA!

government health care??....hahahahahaha.....i'm sure you've all been to the DMV!....

I was hoping they could integrate the two.

"B85, please report to registration window #5."
"B86, please report to pap smear window #2."
Old 09-15-2008, 10:15 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

bet all those guys that tortured McCain are saying "oh ****, we didnt know he was going to be The President someday... we're REAL sorry we did that"
Old 09-15-2008, 10:46 AM
Superstock

Jim TT
Obama, I didn't vote in the poll- don't care what the results are. The Republicans have made a mess of things.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
i actually think a little political discussion on this site is a good thing. If you ever look at more politically oriented sites, you can't post your own opinion without getting crucified. The short while i've been looking at and posting on the site i feel like the vast majority of members are pretty respectful and everyone gets along (albeit with the occasional tongue in cheek jab). We all get along based on the fact that we love going fast on 2 wheels...everthing else is sort of secondary. We're all opinionated to some extent but i think the mutual respect stemming from our love of bikes and this is something that is going to impact us all. As long as everyone is level headed i see no problems.

...wow...i'm not used to posting mature stuff....

*****. Ok we're good now
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
SuperBike

cliby is on a distinguished road
I see Superbling's point of view. In my many years of discussing politics I'm struck with how little any of us change our views or even make an attempt to see the arguments from the other side. We learned what we learned as kids/teens and little has changed in our world/religious/political view since then. Even in the best case, with rational discussions (minus the name calling, playground level of rhetoric that passes for debate), there isn't much value that comes from these forum debates and I would say almost zero chance of changing someone's point of view. But I get that some want to do it, and to each his own. It would be nice if it were possible to set a preference for 'new posts' to exclude some forums - to avoid getting sucked into it.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Squid

harlangto is on a distinguished road
Atleast we live in a counrty, where you do get a chance and a choice to vote - if you don't vote - don't bitch. It is a shame that so much is put on the Presidential vote when the more important level of democracy is for your local representation.
You can't get rid of bad government until you get rid of big money.
On the lighter side you have to admit that politics need humor.

check this out
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...091402496.html
Old 09-15-2008, 12:01 PM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jim TT
Obama, I didn't vote in the poll- don't care what the results are. The Republicans have made a mess of things.
Funny, Congress makes the laws, not the president, and it's been a Democratic controlled Congress for the last while.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 PM
MotoGP

Ron Paul was the best option. Dennis Kucinich, was the only other honest option. (not who I'd pick as I disagree with him, but at least an honest man)

If you look at the last really great economy we had, it happened under Bill Clinton when what happened? Oh ya that's right, the federal government was SHUT DOWN for a while. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...utdown_of_1995

This tells me that if we want to fix the economy it's easy: shut the damn wasteful government down.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
Izan, I meant:
· The Iraq war
· Deficit spending
· The sub prime melt down
· The K street project
· The suspension of habeas corpus
· The wire tap telecom over reach
· No energy policy
· No effort on Global warming
· The Tax cut con
· The world view of the U.S.
· Katrina
· Taking the eye off the ball in Afghanistan
· The Federal judicial firings
I could go on and on….

…. I am an Independent who grew up in a staunchly republican family. I voted for Nixon, Regan and Bush 1 and I agree that Congress is a problem. But honestly this administration is primarily responsible for what has happened in the last eight years and what is still to happen as the economy tanks further. I tell everyone who will listen that BOTH patties are a problem but I must say President Bush deserves special criticism.

Last edited by Jim TT; 09-16-2008 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
No option for Steven Colbert?
Old 09-15-2008, 01:02 PM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

oh yeah... I'd vote for Colbert. Not Dennis Miller though. Maybe even Bill O'Rielly...
Old 09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
MotoGP

· The Iraq war
Ya, was a mistake to go in there, but real progress has been made and just leaving now would be dumb.. We need to get out of there as quickly as makes good sense, not as quickly as humanly possible no matter the cost to the Iraqis.
· Deficit spending
This has been a problem for both parties, and needs to stop, may be too late already. (Medicare, Social Security etc are enough without war spending on top of that)
· The sub prime melt down
Thank Greenspan for this, it didn't happen overnight.
· The K street project
Like you rub my back, I'll rub yours is a GOP thing.. yes, this needs to stop, but the Dems are no cleaner, this is the pot calling the kettle black.
· The suspension of hideous corpus
Habeas, not hideous, and yes this and your next point disgust me. In fact I have this Ben Franklin inspired picture on my myspace page:
Name:  security.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  28.6 KB
· The wire tap telecom over reach
see above
· No energy policy
I don't know enough to really comment on this, and I have done quite a bit of research, but it isn't something simple.
· No effort on Global warming
You mean eco scare mongering? What do you want them to do? Ban all cars and make us live naked in the forest? Because anything less than that is just feel good masturbation if the global warming conspirators are right.
· The Tax cut con
What con? Honestly personal income shouldn't be taxed at all, but the whole tax system is fucked up, top to bottom.
· The world view of the U.S.
Like you can blame this on one administration.. Osama tried to blow up the world trade center when Clinton was president too.. I lived overseas for 15 years, believe me, this is nothing new.
· Katrina
what? Bush breathed too hard on the waters and caused the hurricane? Or will you blame FEMA a government bureaucracy that predates him as his problem? Forming FEMA was a mistake in the first place, Government always does a worse job than a smaller more nimble entity. I am not surprised by FEMA's fuckups, and they'd have fucked up no matter who was president. It's the nature of government to do a bad job at whatever it does.
· Taking the eye off the ball in Afghanistan
Ya, we should have hit harder and faster there, or not gone in at all.
· The Federal judicial firings
Political firings and appointments are the nature of a political system.. Bush just wasn't sneaky enough and was too blatant. He got caught, but everyone does it. Doesn't mean I approve, just stating the reality.
Old 09-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Superstock

Jim TT
Izan, you can find all the viewpoints I have found in spades, many sources divergent veiw points; I did not read your
response,, maybe I will when I have more time; I am not going to debate you.

Last edited by Jim TT; 09-15-2008 at 04:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Who will be the next president?