Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

What other interests you got... besides VTR's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Back Marker

W-O-T
What other interests you got... besides VTR's?

All my life I CANNOT leave anything stock... yeah... the VTR has mods.. and needs MORE for my satisfaction... SURPRIZED?.. I think not... lol

Anyway I have two expensive interests.... the VTR is my newest one...

My Jeep is my first love... 8 years in the build and still going...

1 ton drivetrain and 500 caddy under the hood....

Yeah.. I like yellow... lol

What other interests you got?
Old 07-14-2005, 06:29 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Re: What other interests you got... besides VTR's?

Snowmobiles, the only other thing as much fun (or more) than motorcycling Living up here in Canada, four seasons are a fact of life so might as well learn to enjoy them all. It is pretty hard to beat slamming through some bumps on a snocross-type sled on a nice clear -15 C day Catch me if you can!!!
Old 07-14-2005, 07:30 PM
Back Marker

W-O-T
I hear ya.... I grew up in PA where all we had were snowmobiles.... now I have 4x4's and just sold my quads... too many toys... lol
Old 07-14-2005, 08:21 PM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

WOMEN,

All things aside from the VTR or CBF, my real love is Dirt Bikes. I ride woods or MX.

Street riding or occasional track days will never reach the satisfaction of a big bore dirt bike rippin throught TN woods or playing on a MX track and clearing atable top or set of double jumps.

Like Golf too, but not a great player, bought a bogie player, used to be double bogie, but i changed my swing and got the game going in the right direct. YOu think bikes are expensive, heck golf is outragous.

And Women, we know how expensive thay can be.

Maybe i need to drop the golf, because the other three interest involve riding something....well i guess a golf cart counts as riding something.

Nice Jeep. My dad had a nice scrambler for year. Completly re-done her from ground up and drove her for years, then sold her for big bucks. Kind of a rare jeep.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:02 AM
Back Marker

W-O-T
LOL!!!

I tried golf once... ONCE... ok twice.... not a bad game but I dont have the patience or the money with all else going on in my life....

15 years of marriage that has yielded 4 boys takes most of my time and money, but I get by... lol.

I rode dirt bikes as a kid... then got hurt... never got back on them... almost killed me... but the quads were something I could relate to and my boys and I were able to do alot together with common interests and hobbies.

Our 14 year old twins have been helping me build up the Jeep since they were 11 and took interest in my garage activities and hang out with me when Im wrenchin or fabricating stuff.... its a great feeling to have your kids WANT to hang out with the ol man...

thanks for the complement on the Jeep... its a 78 Wagoneer with a 4.5" streched wheelbase with full steel flares ( NEVER came that way). Im the 2nd owner with only 96K on the odo and been in the family since late 1978....
Old 07-15-2005, 07:07 AM
Back Marker
Back Marker

penst8grad
I coach baseball. I love working with the kids and being the only form of discipline that some of them have in their life. It is such a thrill to work with a kid that everyone else thinks has no talent and to be there when they get their first hit.

I get some much from teaching them teamwork, respect, and discipline. The secret is that I think I enjoy myself more than them.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:50 AM
SuperSport

SlowHAWK is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm into "reef" aquariums (corals)... it's a nice complement to the motorcycle in that I can get really into in the winter/cold months... although I've noticed my interest lags on my tank maitenence in the summer months!!!!

J.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:51 AM
SuperBike

Thumper is an unknown quantity at this point

I have done the baseball coach thing as well in the past, for sure can be alot of fun.

I enjoy watching and teaching my 12 year old how to turn wrenches on his CR80. He is on his fourth ride (XR50, XR70, XR80, &CR80) and has been riding since he was 5.5 years old.

Kids are amazing and it is great to share a garage and knowledge with a kid.

I do have a TRX250EX as well and have discovered the four wheel off road world in the last year. It is a blast, but doesn't even compare to two wheels off rode.

I would love to find the money to convert my CRF450R to the street in the summer months as a motard and back to the dirt n the winter minths.
Old 07-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Back Marker

VTRFISH

Also into digital photos....my Nikon D70's been getting a work out lately!! My '87 OLDS 442 eats up my time and money also.

My wife of 3 weeks is very undersanding on my "garage time" and uses the Nikon more than I do!! LOL

Cooking...movies.....ice cream.....hockey.... I'll stop now......

Mike
Old 07-26-2005, 08:30 PM
Remember stock is BAD!
SuperSport
SuperSport

divingindaytona is an unknown quantity at this point

My hobbies are riding and wrenching on the shawk. WOrking on the house, been doing that way too much this year.

Hanging out with my fiancee' (2 months till we wed), walking the dogs, scuba diving, swimming, sleeping and sleeping.

Thats all I have time for lately.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:48 PM
Superstock

kmm996
I was into the mini truck thing before i got my VTR. I still am to an extent. Mainly helping out with friends' trucks. I sold my S10 show truck when I got married. I still miss it, Six Years later. But She got me the VTR for our six month wedding anniversary.(See why I married her. Hee Hee.) Now time is spent between work, my 2 year old daughter, wife and soon to be second child. I don't get out on the bike as much as I like, But I still keep tweaking on the VTR.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:32 PM
Superstock

Texassuperhawk

I love paintball, but I'm not into the feild stuff yet(speedball) .I mostly play in the late summer and fall through winter. When the Shawk is back on the road I'll be rippin it up streetfighter style. Nothin I love more than riding, except my 2 year old daughter. A chip off the ole block , she already likes ridin the 4 wheelers and puttin around the yard on the back of my dads H@rley. When I get the Shawk back on the road in about a month I'm gonna plan out a road trip for my Vacation in Sept. Anyone who wants to meet up we'll get together later