Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Vmax

Old 02-11-2015, 07:36 PM
Squid

mikenap is on a distinguished road
Vmax

We have about 6 feet of Snow on the ground here in New England. I just had to get away so I went down to Tampa FL to visit an old friend for a few days.

One of his riding buddies is very well off and has a few bikes one of them is a 2011 Yamaha Vmax. This is the 2nd Gen with the 1700cc motor. He let me take if for a spin. All I can say is holy S**T. Tons of torque everywhere ....once it hits 6000 RPM it literally rips your head off.

At first I thought I wouldn't like it because its 700lbs and my SH is only 450 or so. It felt heavy but I was able to ride it with no problem. It was actually very comfortable and for what it is..handles and stops pretty well. They are not cheap 17K new and around 14K used, but when you see one in person you realize why they cost so much Very well made. Fit and finish is top notch even the stock seat is beautiful.

Ah if I only had an extra 15 K laying around. Good thing I have a few months before I can ride my SH again...hoping I forget about that Vmax motor....makes my SH feel like a moped.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:27 PM
MotoGP

smokinjoe73 is on a distinguished road
Aw man, have to thank you Bostonians for agreeing to take the brunt of all those storms that have been pestering us. Guess its the least you can do after the superbowl. You cant have everything.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:49 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by smokinjoe73 View Post
Aw man, have to thank you Bostonians for agreeing to take the brunt of all those storms that have been pestering us. Guess its the least you can do after the superbowl. You cant have everything.
Oh please, what's up with that? Just had a phone call from a friend in NYC said the same thing.
I am beyond sick of this snow dude.... ain't funny no more!
Old 02-12-2015, 07:17 AM
Stiff Member
Back Marker

turbotim is on a distinguished road
Vmax here

You don't need the 2nd gen to enjoy the power. I have a 96 and it is still insanely fast for a 700 lb. bike. Doesn't handle for crap but aftermarket goodies can improve that. Coming from the Superhawk, it was difficult to adjust to but I'm good now. You can get a nice, low mile one for about 5k. You won't regret it. Wouldn't trade the Superhawk for one though. Tim
Old 02-12-2015, 11:43 AM
SuperSport

98VTRrider is on a distinguished road
Sounds like fun...My shop owner friend has one he was just talking about digging out and putting back together...It was a drag bike and has an extended swingarm and chain conversion done. Looking forward to getting it together and trying it out.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.