Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Thanks for Voting

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 09:59 AM
SuperBike

Old Yeller is on a distinguished road
Thanks for Voting

Thanks to all the republicans for voting yesterday. It's nice to send a message back to Washington about how they are STILL screwing things up!

Old 11-03-2010, 10:21 AM
Back Marker

SD Hawk is on a distinguished road
Thanks to EVERYONE voting.....

No matter the side of the fence; one thing we can all agree on is that we should all be proud and thrilled that we have the freedom to express our beliefs by voting.

· My .02 cents……..No matter your Politics. If you don't vote you are not allowed to complain. If you do vote that buys you the ticket to civil discourse and dialog.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Squid

easttexhawk is on a distinguished road
You are very welcome. We should thank those that serve or have served in our country's military. They shed blood for us to have this right.

P.S. wow- my little concerns about what tires to buy, or what turn signals to use are so insignificant.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:07 AM
MotoGP

7moore7 is on a distinguished road
Whoppeee! Politics. This should get fun...

Disclaimer: I am just throwing this in for discussion's sake and DO NOT support the argument, I just find it an interesting point.

Engaging in the process of registering and voting is an implicit acceptance of its legitimacy for effecting social change. It is possible that this acceptance precludes complaint about both the outcome and any effects of the outcome — regardless of who wins. By participating in the system, you are tacitly accepting the rules of the game. If your candidate wins, would it not be rude of you to say, “nyah nyah!” to the losers? By the same token, aren’t you a sore loser if you whine about what the winner does?

If both football teams agree that calling the coin toss is a legitimate form of deciding possession, neither can complain if they lose b/c they have already agreed to the decision making process. If one team were to refuse to participate, however, they have voted against the system in general...

Last edited by 7moore7; 11-03-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:28 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Of all the things I do. . .

That was one that I had to wear a clothes pin on my nose to do.

The choices stank, left and right. Even in the middle. Felt compulsed to wash my hands afterwards. I grow weary of knowing how sausage is made.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:31 AM
SuperBike

sounds like an argument from a Vulcan. Way too logical!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:32 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Of all the things I do. . .

That was one that I had to wear a clothes pin on my nose to do.

The choices stank, left and right. Even in the middle. Felt compulsed to wash my hands afterwards. I grow weary of knowing how sausage is made.
Yeah, I keep waiting for the Tea Party to actually break away from both groups. A third alternative might actually be a nice shakeup. On the other hand, an actual revolution might help too.
Old 11-03-2010, 11:40 AM
SuperSport

1971allchaos is on a distinguished road
To tell you the TRUTH ! ! I would really like to see the first "ACT of CONGRESS", which al know how slow that is -"?"
Call our confussed - seems to be UN-concerned President, and his entourage back off there (correct me if I am wrong) $ 2 M a day- "presidental talks"

Do Not think we have any concerns on the flow of trade into this country -of there products.

"We the people have spoken," that is true. Thank you to all.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
sounds like an argument from a Vulcan. Way too logical!
Haha and we know where the enterprise would be if we supported a Vulcan!
Old 11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by 1971allchaos
To tell you the TRUTH ! ! I would really like to see the first "ACT of CONGRESS", which al know how slow that is -"?"
Call our confussed - seems to be UN-concerned President, and his entourage back off there (correct me if I am wrong) $ 2 M a day- "presidental talks"

Do Not think we have any concerns on the flow of trade into this country -of there products.

"We the people have spoken," that is true. Thank you to all.
A funny comment from one of the talking heads on TV last night....we should let him go. he would spend more than that if he stayed home. LOL
Old 11-03-2010, 01:33 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

NooB is on a distinguished road
Damn I hate republicans
Old 11-03-2010, 04:30 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by NooB
Damn I hate republicans
And you live in Texas?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:41 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

LOL yeah, and I'm from California.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:08 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
LOL yeah, and I'm from California.
Like we didn't have that one figured out before you opened that hole below your nose!
Old 11-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by autoteach
And you live in Texas?
More like the Armpit of Texas....Houston...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:11 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
I am so depressed. I was born in Los Angeles in 1946, and have lived in CA my entire life. My military service didn't even take me out of the state.

Not only did the voters put "Governor Moonbeam" back in office (I voted for him twice in the '70s, but I've become more politically savvy since then), but the load Barbara Boxer as well. And they defeated a Proposition (Prop 23) that would have put off California's version of Cap and Trade. So now Californians will pay through the nose for gasoline, electricity and natural gas all for the sake of subsidizing "green energy"...wind generators and solar panels, which by the way are made in China. All for the sake of reducing CO2 emissions, which we all exhale with every breath.

I feel like moving to New Zealand.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:43 PM
SuperSport

ranchomice is on a distinguished road
I don't make nearly enough to vote republican.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:45 PM
SuperSport

Without coming up with some kind of alternative energy, we won't exhale anything in about 50 years.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:48 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by ranchomice
Without coming up with some kind of alternative energy, we won't exhale anything in about 50 years.
Perhaps, but Cap & Trade is not the answer!
Old 11-03-2010, 09:21 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I drink Monster when I need an alternative to my own energy. There, now that that problem is taken care of, on to new business...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:03 PM
MotoGP

Excuse Me!!! But you can install all the wind generators you want in your backyard, and it won't make a damn bit of difference. We're talking about CO2, not CO, HC or NOX. Plants absorb CO2, so does plankton in the ocean. In fact they need it to survive, just like we need O2, which they produce in exchange for CO2 through the process of photosynthesis. It's called a symbiotic relationship. Animals use O2 and produce CO2. Plants use CO2 and produce O2.

As far as pollution is concerned, I taught Emission Control for 34 years, and California has the strictest emission control laws in THE WORLD! China and India are quickly catching up with us in the use of carbon based fuels...and they have NO EMISSION CONTROL LAWS.

CO, HC and NOX emissions have been strictly controlled in CA since the early '60s (CO and HC) and 1971 (NOX), years ahead of the rest of the US and the World.

CO2, on the other hand, is exhaled by all animal life on the planet. The opposition to Prop 23 totally distorted the facts to get their desired result, which is to create huge profits,for people like Al Gore, through the installation and regulation of "green energy".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to green energy per se, but when it comes at the cost of the taxpayers and for the profit of the privileged few, IT SUCKS!
Old 11-03-2010, 11:57 PM
SuperSport

Does anyone know where most of our power comes from? It comes from burning coal. I did not know that until I took my first natural resource conservation class. It shouldn't, however, be "us" that foots the bill to research, build etc. alternative sources. It will take slightly more than wind generators in someones backyard to make a difference. btw, that would be a mutualistic symbiotic relationship, one where both parties benefit. Symbiotic relationships can be obligatory as well.

Last edited by ranchomice; 11-04-2010 at 12:04 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:02 AM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by VTRsurfer
.....I taught Emission Control for 34 years, and ....
You taught the guys at NASA?

...oh wait....

Old 11-04-2010, 12:38 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

Originally Posted by Randman
Like we didn't have that one figured out before you opened that hole below your nose!

Originally Posted by Randman
More like the Armpit of Texas....Houston...
Ever been to El Paso? Actually, thats more like the anus of Texas.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Superstock

pwshadow is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Old Yeller
You taught the guys at NASA?

...oh wait....

Old 11-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Former Superchicken Owner
SuperBike

RWhisen is on a distinguished road
Geez NooB I thought you had mnore sense than to vote democrat, you had enough sense to get out of California, finish the transition. We'll work on the yellow paint later, you have more serious issues to deal with and we can overlook ONE character flaw.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I loves me twins
Superstock
Superstock

LOL wow. No, actually I do surprisingly well with all the damned Reagen leg ******* around here. It's not such a bad thing to try and understand your "enemy's" viewpoints. Most of it is just blind apathetic ignorance though. Most of the time its just people who vote based on what other people do. If their daddy voted that way then they'll be damned not to vote the same way regardless of what's actually going on. Most people just have their head in the sand and are perfectly happy that way. WTF.. I think this turned into a rant.. not what I intended. Anyway, you bitches have slow-assed red bikes, so what do I care.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:36 PM
MotoGP

Pssssh. Show me a person that votes based on completely unbiased logic and not how people around them do, how their parents did, in their personal interest, how they want others or themselves to feel about what kind of person they are, and/or a combination of all of those and I'll show you an anomaly so unique that they should be cloned and used as our next generation of government worker (or not... depending on your view on that one). Then we could just ride all day and play games like "see what happens when we get the mutant government human computer drunk!"

heh
Old 11-04-2010, 08:45 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
Your welcome. I voted as far right as possible.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:26 PM
MotoGP

LOL wow. No, actually I do surprisingly well with all the damned Reagen leg ******* around here.
Actually I voted against Ronald Reagan 3 times, once when he ran for reelection for Governor of California in 1974 and twice for President. He reminded me too much of my Dad.

I did vote for Richard Nixon twice though, in 1968 and 1972. I didn't vote for another Presidential candidate who won until 2000.

Quick Reply: Thanks for Voting