Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

RIDER DOWN - Support Needed!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator
Back Marker

mamisano is an unknown quantity at this point
RIDER DOWN - Support Needed!

It brings me sad news to report that a fellow rider went down this past Sunday.

During the riding season, Biker2K and I ride with a great bunch of guys, ususally on an early Sunday morning run. This past weekend, Biker2k and I decided to ride in the Catskil Mountains, while the rest of the group proceeded to meet for the "Island Run" (we live on Long Island). A few of the riders had taken a Keith Code SuperBike course earlier in the week so I am sure they were eager to ride.

One of the riders, Wayne, a long-time rider and enthusiast, had his 20yr old son Steven out with the group for his first "Island Run". Steven, who has been riding for about 6 months was the 2nd person out of the meeting area as the group left to fuel up.

At the very first turn, Steven low-sided his fathers old FZR600 and ended up seriously injured. From witness accounts, he fell and proceded to slide into a newly installed slate planter on the side of the road. He was promptly air lifted to a local Medical Center with a colapsed lung, and spinal injuries. As of today, he has no movement from the neck down.

The group of riders is trying to get some money together to help out with various expenses of Steven's care. If you would like to donate and send along your best wishes, please click on the Donation banner located on the front page.

Regards,
Old 09-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Squid

nomead
Re: RIDER DOWN - Support Needed!

Damn that sucks to hear. Please send my best wishes to him and his family. Is he at NUMC? Where did it happen?

I was at Cali Superbike school on the Monday, we might have met and not even known it. I made it a point to not jump right back on the street for fear of what could happen; your story just sent chills up and down my spine.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
I am sorry to hear about Steven and his injuries. I wish both him and his family all the best of luck and hopefully a turn for the better.

Having gone down as a new rider w/serious injuries I know all too well what Steven and his family are in for. Luckily I only spent 6 wks in the hospital and had to learn to walk all over again. I could have very easily been in Stevens place.

Please pass along both my sympathies and well wishes. I will happily donate whatever I can.

Take Care/Ride Safe
Chris