Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Please read - Ed Freeman, American Hero

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 03:38 PM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Please read - Ed Freeman, American Hero

A real American hero dies and not a mention of it in the news.

Ed Freeman

You're a 19-year-old kid. You're critically wounded and dying in the jungle in the Ia Drang Valley , 11-14-1965, LZ X-ray, Vietnam . Your infantry unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense, from 100 or 200 yards away, that your own Infantry Commander has ordered the MediVac helicopters to stop coming in.

You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns, and you know you're not getting out. Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away and you'll never see them again. As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.

Then, over the machine gun noise, you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter and you look up to see an unarmed Huey, but it doesn't seem real because no Medi-Vac markings are on it. Ed Freeman is coming for you. He's not Medi-Vac, so it's not his job, but he's flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire, after the Medi-Vacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway.

And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire as they load 2 or 3 of you on board. Then he flies you up and out, through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses.

And he kept coming back, 13 more times, and took about 30 of you and your buddies out, who would never have gotten out.

Medal of Honor Recipient Ed Freeman died on Wednesday, June 25th, 2009, at the age of 80, in Boise , ID. May God rest his soul.

Medal of Honor Winner

Ed Freeman

Since the media didn't give him the coverage he deserves, send this to those who would want to hear this story

THANKS, ED, FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR OUR COUNTRY. Rest in Peace.

I found a link here but it should be front page news, not ******* reality shows.

http://dailynightly.msnbc.msn.com/ar...11/265756.aspx
Attached Thumbnails Please read - Ed Freeman, American Hero-ed.jpg  
Old 07-28-2009, 04:00 PM
geezer
SuperSport
SuperSport

oahu hawk is on a distinguished road
God bless Ed Freeman...
Old 07-28-2009, 04:12 PM
SuperSport

CentralCoaster is on a distinguished road
Ed. Although he died last August, and June 25th was a Thursday. (So don't be too angry about it not being in the news.)

I did a google search, 49 news links for:

"Ed Freeman" hero

These other keywords turned up 6,680 links:

"Michael Jackson" hero
Old 07-28-2009, 07:46 PM
Back Marker

MOONSTER is on a distinguished road
Yes GOD BLESS the ED's in this world. And what a shame it is that true heros male & female barely even get mentioned in the local paper, much less the local news station. No the American people would rather worship & shed their tears for celebreties like Michal Jackson. I quess I just don't get it. How can someone feel such loss over actors, sports big shots, etc. who haven't really done anything but fill thier pockets with money, but not even give a passing thought about the men & women in the Armed Forces that put thier lives on the line for thier freedom? Oh hell, don't get me started. Just read my sig.