Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Phoenix AZ suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 07:57 AM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
Phoenix AZ suggestions

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for places to eat or check out in Phoenix, AZ? I am traveling there for a conference this Sunday and I will be there til Friday night (no bike). I will be at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort & Spa. I appreciate your help. Thanks,

Rick
Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 AM
MotoGP

lazn is on a distinguished road
ooh, what kinds of food do you like?

Cyclo has great Vietnamese food (Zaggat rated) and is cheap.. However it is tiny and doesn't accept reservations so expect to wait about an hour for a seat.

Sakana's Sushi and Grill is great for sushi and has 3 locations across the valley. There are several other good sushi places as well.

The Blue Nile or Cafe Lalibella for Ethiopian food.

There are lots of good Indian food places.

The Salt Cellar is great seafood and a kewl funky building (99% underground).

Farrelli's is good food and a movie together for the price of them separately.

The Monastery locations are fun if you want to grill your own food at a bar (neat idea, but more fun with a group).

Morton's or Ruth Chris for high end steak. etc etc

What kind of entertainment do you like? Really we are a very large city with just about everything available.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

lynchie is on a distinguished road
Sakana on Elliott off the 10... Awsome....... Salt Cellar Good... The Vig =modern looking building great food.. Morton and Ruths Chris very nice a little pricey... Rustlers Roost is the cowboy steak and beans sawdust on the floor , lots of harley out front.. it has a great view and you get Waaaay too much food...Pappadeaux off the 17 has awsome blackened alligator and cajun jambalaya if you like southern cooking.. Bobby Q's is good bbq off the 17..
Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

by far the best sushi i think i have ever had is Sushi Brokers...in scottsdale.. get a "chimichanga" roll and a "damn good" everyone that i know who doesnt like sushi has tried these and are now sushi "roll" lovers!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:54 AM
AZ RIDER
Superstock

Desert ridge has "Rock Bottom" lots of good beer and good food..thats almost walking distance
Old 07-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Squid

LC4CARL is on a distinguished road
It's seriously hot there. When outside wear light clothes, sun block, a hat, and drink water. Leave the windows cracked on parked cars. Watch the scalding hot chrome handles (seat belts) in and out of the car. Run the A/C on "fresh" with a rear window cracked initially to force the super-heated air out of the car. After a few minutes switch to "recirc" or "max" and put the windows up. Park in the shade.

Mill Ave in Tempe off Hwy 60 is an entertaining, low key evening. Kind of a small town feel with shops and dining. Rula Bula (Irish), Gordon Biersch (German), etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mill_avenue

Last edited by LC4CARL; 07-25-2008 at 12:22 PM.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it. I'll eat just about anything, but I'll be with a few others (they are renting the car), but I now have a bunch of suggestions. Thanks alot.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:09 PM
OUTLAW
Squid

BensonTweed is on a distinguished road
The Dirty Dogg. Best Biker Saloon in Scottsdale. Ladies swinging from the ceiling........literally. Billett Bar is a good one too.