Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

O Canada

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 03:36 PM
SuperSport

Stevebis1 is on a distinguished road
O Canada

Congratulations Team Canada, great game!
Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM
Superstock

dshakes is on a distinguished road
BOOOOO!!! Sucks we lost but it was an awesome game!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Back Marker

g_clarke_2008 is on a distinguished road
One of the best hockey games I've ever watched!!! GO CANADA!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Squid

psyclown is on a distinguished road
F Canada, and f Crosby.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM
Calamari
Squid

Sleeper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by psyclown
F Canada, and f Crosby.
Yeah it was a real nail biter and some great hockey. Thanks for the classy words psyclown.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:15 PM
Squid

raptorrider is on a distinguished road
Fantastic game

Congrats to Canada, the game was riveting and well played. Sore losers be dammed!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:21 PM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
A real nail biter that could have gone either way. Of course, I am happy and proud of the outcome but the US boys can stand tall. Congrats to both teams for some incredible hockey!!!!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:25 PM
SuperBike

autoteach is on a distinguished road
I know that this is poor quality, but it is funny nonetheless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp-diIp9CJ4

The game was great and both teams were great. Another day, time, or place and things may have been different. The reality is it wasn't some other day, time, or place and Canada won. Does that mean that they are the best team, not if you are American. But we will get over it.

And, to quote Terrance and Phillip, "I am not your friend, buddy!"
Old 02-28-2010, 05:43 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by autoteach
Does that mean that they are the best team
That's exactly what it means. They are the best team.

Congratulations Canada.

I never root against my fellow countrymen, but the closest I ever come is when Canadians are playing hockey. It's their national sport. Most Americans are too caught up in football, baseball and basketball to know jack squat about it.

Both of these teams have the best hockey players the world has ever seen. NHL guys who spend every year playing with and against each other.

The Canadians won. I'm happy for them. It means more to them than it would mean to Americans or anybody else.

Again, congratulations, you hosers!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Back Marker

CANADAVTR is on a distinguished road
Yay! Go Canada, Eh?
Great game by both teams...shame one has to lose....but I'm pleased for the Canucks...good job!
Old 02-28-2010, 06:09 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1

Congratulations Canada.

I never root against my fellow countrymen, but the closest I ever come is when Canadians are playing hockey. It's their national sport. Most Americans are too caught up in football, baseball and basketball to know jack squat about it.

Both of these teams have the best hockey players the world has ever seen. NHL guys who spend every year playing with and against each other.

The Canadians won. I'm happy for them. It means more to them than it would mean to Americans or anybody else.

RK1, I think you nailed it on the head.

I made my initial comment in the "and Molson..." and that's how I feel.

Congrats Canada, you did well, now take off, eh?

P.S. Psyclown, you're the type of American that I wish I didn't have to protect your rights and freedoms. Douchebag. (you can state your opinions, so can I!)
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by RK1

Congratulations Canada.

Thanks for taking my quote out of context, and it was rhetorical. It definitely illustrated what most people feel from both sides, which is that there is an extreme amount of pride for their teams. No reason to be a ****, I am not the one telling Canada to F-off. I will tell the guy north of superior running the convenience store that charged us nearly $25 for a 12 pack to f-off, but that is a whole other story.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:33 PM
SuperBike

I will tell the guy [at any] convenience store that charged us nearly $25 for a 12 pack to f-off, but that is a whole other story.
FIFY
Old 02-28-2010, 06:46 PM
SuperBike

You know him? We were staying up by white river/lake area, and went to some convenience store that required a 5 min conversation in french between the father and son to figure out the cost of what we were buying.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
MotoGP

inderocker is an unknown quantity at this point
What the hell is hockey?

Last edited by inderocker; 02-28-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:18 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
My wife (who was born and lived in Canada until she was 15) and I were cheering for Team USA, who did their country proud by beating Canada last week 5-3, and by taking the Gold Medal Game to overtime. And Ryan Miller, USA goalie, was named MVP for the Olympic Hockey Tournament.

The Anaheim Ducks were well represented with Ryan Getzlaf, Cory Perry and Scott Neidermeier on Team Canada and Bobby Ryan and Ryan Whitney on Team USA. The LA Kings also had Drew Doughty (Canada) and Dustin Brown and Jack Johnson (USA) playing in the Medal Game.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:23 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by inderocker
What the hell is hockey?
This would be better if Arizona didn't have a hockey team. LOL
Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
The Canadians outplayed the Americans from the first drop of the puck. The Canadians were lucky to get into the final having not played well throughout the tournament. The Americans by contrast consistently crushed their competition until today. They just didn't have their best game on today but the Canadians did. Congrats to our Northern brothers.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:28 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for taking my quote out of context, and it was rhetorical. It definitely illustrated what most people feel from both sides, which is that there is an extreme amount of pride for their teams. No reason to be a ****, I am not the one telling Canada to F-off. I will tell the guy north of superior running the convenience store that charged us nearly $25 for a 12 pack to f-off, but that is a whole other story.
Hey, autoteach;

****'s up? Ha! Haven't heard that word in a long time. Didn't intend my words as a slight on you and don't think somebody reading our posts a few inches apart would read it that way. Wasn't claiming you were telling Canada to F-off either. Just sayin', the game was to decide the best hockey team in the world and the Canadians are it.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:37 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
So when does this thread degrade into how ugly the coach is and who you guys can beat?
Old 02-28-2010, 08:45 PM
SuperBike

I watch a little to much BBC Fifth Gear, so excuse my GB english. If you were to have them play another game, would you really put all your money on Canada? As far as I am concerned, it is a 50%/50% chance for the same result. Unfortunately, with sudden death overtime, a clear representation of who is the most dominant is hard to see. If canada had shut them down 2-0, or even 2-1 in regular time, I might so be inclined to share your view. I do believe that this was a game for history, and watched 30 years from now will still be just as exciting and monumental. I also realize that no matter how many words I type, you still think that they are the hands down best team on the planet. And this is how disagreements work. One of us knows that we are right, the other rides a superhawk.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:52 PM
MotoGP

Team USA was the only undefeated team through the Tournament, up to the Medal round. They were also the youngest team, put together by Brian Burke, who also put together the Stanley Cup winning 2007 Anaheim Ducks.

The last 2 weeks were the first time in years that Chris Pronger played in Canada without being booed each time he touched the puck.
Old 02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
SuperBike

you don't have to convince me! that is for sure...
Old 02-28-2010, 08:59 PM
medium fast guy
Back Marker

trackdayhawk is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by AngryOlaf
So when does this thread degrade into how ugly the coach is and who you guys can beat?
Right now.

A couple of the Canuckian players are doable, eh?
Old 02-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Superstock

AngryOlaf is on a distinguished road
A couple of the Canuckian players are doable, eh?
LOL
Old 03-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Calamari
Squid

Sleeper is on a distinguished road
Ok. Great game...but... team U.S.A. had a great run AND (IMHO) outplayed team Canada for much of the final game (sorry Nuhawk). Had team U.S.A won, I (and undoubtedly many other fans) would have been disappointed but would still have considered it an exciting game. Several of the commments expressed here still need to be addressed though:
1) Womens team U.S.A... definately more lookers than team Canada
2) Beer... sorry Bill, 25 bucks is pretty close (sadly) to the going rate for a dozen but I think you are absolutely correct about the game, it could have easily gone the other way.
3) Pronger...will always be a cry baby ******. Listen carefully, he was still booed.
4) I don't understand about the fuss over the party the Candian Womens' team had. Apparently they like their beer on ice, who cares?
5) Although I gave Psyclown a hard time he must be a great guy, he rides a Superhawk and is obviously passionate aboot (heh heh) hockey. C'mon, that's gotta be pretty close to perfect.
6) The coach for Team Canada's womens hockey is female!?!? Really?!? Sh*t !...Really !?!
Old 03-01-2010, 05:52 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
did the ref get an assist on the winning goal?
Old 03-01-2010, 01:46 PM
MotoGP

Originally Posted by finepooch
did the ref get an assist on the winning goal?
finepooch,
Damn, you're right. I just looked it up on youtube. The puck gets caught up in the ref's skates and he gives it a "distinct kicking motion" to free it up. The goal happens about a second or two later.

I don't think the TV announcers caught it either, or if they did they kept their mouths shut. They wanted to get out of the building in one piece.

Goal: Crosby, Assist: Iginla, O'Halloran.

Oh well, that's hockey.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 03-01-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:48 PM
SuperBike

Seriously, $25 for 12? It may be cheaper for all you Canucks to drive over the border and drink, even if it is 100 miles round trip. Down here they practically pay YOU to drink.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
Back Marker

D VTR RIDER is on a distinguished road
This was one of the most exciting game that I've seen in a long while. Fast up and down action, good defense on both sides and a lot of hitting.The US played extremely well and they had the hottest goaltender, bar none. However, the CND's played just a little bit better when it counted.

The same goes for the US and CND girls teams. Very exciting games. Did any US TV pick up the girls final? Yes the CND girls partied afterward and as they should. An athlete may only have one chance in a lifetime for a metal. I've partied for a lot less reasons. Actually for no reason at all.

Quick Reply: O Canada