Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Muzak

Old 09-12-2008, 09:55 AM
Back Marker

bundleofgrundle is on a distinguished road
Muzak

Hey all,
I was just thinking that i find it hard to ride solo these days without the ole' ipod blazing in my ears. I was curious to see what everyone else listens to while riding. I'm a bit of a metalhead and have been really into soilwork, bullet for my valentine, shadows fall, unearth, in flames, as i lay dying, etc. On the odd sunny day burning through farmland i have been known to throw on some hank jr., *****, dierks bentley, brad paisley, and of course the required johnny cash.

What's everyone else listening to?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
Anything recorded with actual musical skills and more than 3:20 playing time. Knopfler , yes, Van Halen, no. Telleman, yes, Bizet, no. Pink Floyd, yes, Deep Purple, no. Vivaldi, yes, Cohan, no. And if you want a new perspective on metal, try the "Electric Ladyland" album by Jimi Hendrix. He went further forty years ago than most will ever get today.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Back Marker

oh no i def hear you on hendrix. i was brought up on classic rock (even though i'm younger). Stevie ray vaughan is perhaps my favorite artists. i'm pretty eclectic in my taste...whether it be orchestral (chopin, Mozart, etc) or good jazz (oscar peterson, bennie goodman). any given day i'll be listening to a different genre but for some reason the modern metalcore stuff is what i find myself listening to while riding more often than not
Old 09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PUSHrod
Anything recorded with actual musical skills and more than 3:20 playing time. Knopfler , yes, Van Halen, no. Telleman, yes, Bizet, no. Pink Floyd, yes, Deep Purple, no. Vivaldi, yes, Cohan, no. And if you want a new perspective on metal, try the "Electric Ladyland" album by Jimi Hendrix. He went further forty years ago than most will ever get today.

Yeah, and I eat caviar and drink wine while I listen to classycal muzak whilst riding my Stupor Hawk. Actually, I mostly listen to mp3s of Alex Jones' radio show.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Condor is on a distinguished road
I too get the alex jones podcast. listen to my coast to coast am podcast as well. as far as music....ac/dc, the adicts, agent orange, aggrolites, A.C.O., anti-heros, arresting officers, bad brains, beat farmers, best defense, big bad bollocks, big d, big sandy, billy joe shaver, bim skala bim, black flag, bob marley, the broadsiders, the bruisers, the business, cab calloway, cannibal corpse, cash, channel 3, chuck berry, common rider, dale watson, david allen coe, deal's gone bad, desmond dekker, dick dale, dropkick murphys, elvis, ernest tubb, the ethiopians, fishbone, flogging molly, forces of evil, frantic flintstones, george jones, godless wicked creeps, gorilla biscuits, gwar, hanks I and III, hatebreed, hellbillys, helmet, hepcat, hillbilly hellcats, hub city stompers, hudson falcons, inspecter 7, james brown, johnny horton, johnny socko, king size braces, kings of nuthin, kinks, knowledge, koffin kats, landser, lfatb, lawrence arms, legendary shack shakers, link 80, lonesome kings, los straightjackets, louis armstrong, lower class brats, ludwig von, mad caddies, mad sin, madness, main street saints, max resist, mephiskapheles, merle haggard, the meteors, mighty might bosstones, mojo nixon, motorhead, mu330, mustard plug, napalm death, nation of suspects, nekromantix, no holds barred, no remorse, supertones, old 97's, operation ivy, os catalepticos, otis redding, pantera, patriot, peter tosh, phenomenauts, planet smashers, pogues, police, primus, prince buster, the quakes, the queers, the ramones, rancid, real mckenzies, reverend horton heat, rezurex, roger miller, scofflaws, screeching weasel, sepultura, skankin pickle, skatalites, skoidats, skrewdriver, slackers, slapstick, slayer, slow gherkin, sons of liberty, soul coughing, southern culture on the skids, the specials, spring heeled jack, steel toe solution, streetlight manifesto, stubborn all-stars, superjoint, symarip, templars, tennessee ernie, terminus city, three bad jacks, toasters, toots and the maytals, the tossers, twisted sister, unknown hinson, vandals, vanguard, ventures, voodoo glow skulls, war called peace, wesley willis, whiskey rebels, the who, youth brigade, youthful offenders, zombie ghost train, and all kinds of other **** like that. Lots of punk rock, ska/oi/shinhead/street punk, hardcore, reggae, OLD (read as REAL) country music, pstchobilly/rockabilly, etc. i like classical music a good deal, as well... traditional hungarian music...i listen to a lot of ****, but I'm PICKY.

Last edited by Condor; 09-12-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Cleveland is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by killer5280
Yeah, and I eat caviar and drink wine while I listen to classycal muzak whilst riding my Stupor Hawk. Actually, I mostly listen to mp3s of Alex Jones' radio show.
Holy crap.. Is he a conspiracy theorist? or what... just a first impression from the website and listening for four minutes..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:11 AM
Back Marker

anyone listen to car talk on NPR ever? i listen to their show podcast now and then while riding. ironic?
Old 09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by Condor
I too get the alex jones podcast. listen to my coast to coast am podcast as well. as far as music....ac/dc, the adicts, agent orange, aggrolites, A.C.O., anti-heros, arresting officers, bad brains, beat farmers, best defense, big bad bollocks, big d, big sandy, billy joe shaver, bim skala bim, black flag, bob marley, the broadsiders, the bruisers, the business, cab calloway, cannibal corpse, cash, channel 3, chuck berry, common rider, dale watson, david allen coe, deal's gone bad, desmond dekker, dick dale, dropkick murphys, elvis, ernest tubb, the ethiopians, fishbone, flogging molly, forces of evil, frantic flintstones, george jones, godless wicked creeps, gorilla biscuits, gwar, hanks I and III, hatebreed, hellbillys, helmet, hepcat, hillbilly hellcats, hub city stompers, hudson falcons, inspecter 7, james brown, johnny horton, johnny socko, king size braces, kings of nuthin, kinks, knowledge, koffin kats, landser, lfatb, lawrence arms, legendary shack shakers, link 80, lonesome kings, los straightjackets, louis armstrong, lower class brats, ludwig von, mad caddies, mad sin, madness, main street saints, max resist, mephiskapheles, merle haggard, the meteors, mighty might bosstones, mojo nixon, motorhead, mu330, mustard plug, napalm death, nation of suspects, nekromantix, no holds barred, no remorse, supertones, old 97's, operation ivy, os catalepticos, otis redding, pantera, patriot, peter tosh, phenomenauts, planet smashers, pogues, police, primus, prince buster, the quakes, the queers, the ramones, rancid, real mckenzies, reverend horton heat, rezurex, roger miller, scofflaws, screeching weasel, sepultura, skankin pickle, skatalites, skoidats, skrewdriver, slackers, slapstick, slayer, slow gherkin, sons of liberty, soul coughing, southern culture on the skids, the specials, spring heeled jack, steel toe solution, streetlight manifesto, stubborn all-stars, superjoint, symarip, templars, tennessee ernie, terminus city, three bad jacks, toasters, toots and the maytals, the tossers, twisted sister, unknown hinson, vandals, vanguard, ventures, voodoo glow skulls, war called peace, wesley willis, whiskey rebels, the who, youth brigade, youthful offenders, zombie ghost train, and all kinds of other **** like that.
You, sir, are VERY ****.. having organized that list alphabetically..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
SuperBike

I hope he copied and pasted it from a saved file.

Alex Jones is indeed a bombastic conspiracy factist.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:14 AM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cleveland
You, sir, are VERY ****.. having organized that list alphabetically..
I'd guess cut and paste from the playlist, but I'm a slow typer.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

My bike is my excape from the world.. no braodcast radio.. I have speakers in my helmet.. hook it to my mp3 player..

Dave matthews to Sade.. NIN to Luda... Kenny Chesney to Rehab..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:18 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

There are still days that I just listen to the droning of the exhaust note... that's music, too..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

I copy and pasted it from my SOUL, *******....and also from my playlist.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:23 AM
Post Whore Junior
MotoGP

Originally Posted by killer5280
I hope he copied and pasted it from a saved file.

Alex Jones is indeed a bombastic conspiracy factist.

Factist? meaning his theories are based on fact?

Or was that a typo.. and you meant "Fascist "? Not pointing out a typo, just asking..
Old 09-12-2008, 11:25 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

Originally Posted by Cleveland
My bike is my excape from the world.. no braodcast radio.. I have speakers in my helmet.. hook it to my mp3 player..

Dave matthews to Sade.. NIN to Luda... Kenny Chesney to Rehab..
Im buddies with the drummer from rehab, but i dont listen to the band. Chris is a good guy.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:01 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
so you guys listen to music while riding? i've never done that. scared i might not hear screeching tires from behind me or to the sides, or sirens and what not.

anyone else think this is crazy dangerous? or am i just a sissy?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
I just put one headphone in. Can still hear everything else with my left, and crank the music on the right.

Joe Satriani for the twisties for me, eerie how peaceful and serene it is on the brink of death. Scared shitless and completely relaxed at the same time.

Around town it's random on my 60 gig ipod, there's about everything in there. Course, I'm sure everyone else thinks I'm picking my ***, when in reality I'm changing the song. (Ipod in the back pocket)
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
Thats Mr Dill hole to you
Superstock

filter69 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bundleofgrundle
Hey all,
I was just thinking that i find it hard to ride solo these days without the ole' ipod blazing in my ears. I was curious to see what everyone else listens to while riding. I'm a bit of a metalhead and have been really into soilwork, bullet for my valentine, shadows fall, unearth, in flames, as i lay dying, etc. On the odd sunny day burning through farmland i have been known to throw on some hank jr., *****, dierks bentley, brad paisley, and of course the required johnny cash.

What's everyone else listening to?
All my music i listen too on the bike is Angry violent music slip knot, disturbed,death blooms
nickelback, etc ... seems to help me push the envelope when im riding and pissed off. go figure....
Old 09-12-2008, 01:21 PM
Back Marker

Originally Posted by jonnyd
Around town it's random on my 60 gig ipod, there's about everything in there. Course, I'm sure everyone else thinks I'm picking my ***, when in reality I'm changing the song. (Ipod in the back pocket)

I have the same problem. well, not with picking my ***. I use the pocket inside the zipper for ipod storage so whenever i try to change songs or turn up the volume it looks like i'm rubbing my nipples. what can i say, Loud v twins get me in the mood
Old 09-12-2008, 01:37 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
When I'm riding I listen to my engine and exhaust.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:41 PM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

I have the helmetaudio.com speakers in my helmet, so no ear buds in my ears...to combat the difficulty in changing songs, I bought a 2 gig shuffle, and just clip it to the sleeve of my jacket on top of my wrist and run the cord through my jacket sleeve to my helmet. works like a champ. for long rides i just clip my 60 gig to my tank bag and it couldnt be easier to get to. I dont really worry so much about hearing ambient sounds (tires squealing), cause if i dont have music, i ride with earplugs and cant hear **** anyway.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:07 PM
SuperBike
SuperBike

Gregw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jonnyd
Joe Satriani for the twisties for me
I've been watchin' a bunch of his live 2006 on youtube. He got me to pick up my guitar again, not that I'll ever play anywhere near as well. Still fun.

Made of Tears
Searching
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 AM
BANNED IN D.C.
SuperSport

It's been all Reverend Horton Heat lately...also, the new Koffin Kats CD is MASH UP!!!!!

Last edited by Condor; 10-01-2008 at 03:06 AM.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
I can't stand MP3 compressed music. I'll tolerate CD, but really prefer SACD. Just sayin'. And TOOL rules!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 AM
SuperBike

When the bit rate's high enough I can't tell much difference between mp3 and uncompressed, especially through a pair of earphones while riding the Hawk.
I don't have a line array, but I have built many, many very good speakers. I'm just not that picky after a point. Hey, do you think TOOL uses any compression?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
Superstock

sumthin_major is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by filter69
All my music i listen too on the bike is Angry violent music slip knot, disturbed,death blooms
nickelback, etc ... seems to help me push the envelope when im riding and pissed off. go figure....
+1 on that and everything everybody else said + howard stern show on my sirius in the mornins on they way to work, and bubba the love sponge in the afternoons for the commute home.

Search this Thread