Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Michael Schumacher

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 06:26 AM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
Michael Schumacher

Latest is he's stable but still critical in an induced coma. Been a fan & still have his F1 Benetton shirt in my closet. Hope he can recover.

Old 01-02-2014, 08:31 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
+1 wish him the best. Hate to hear stuff like this. I never even heard about it on the news here, happened to be watching the BBC a couple days ago. Apparently reality tv news is considered more important in our country...
Old 01-02-2014, 08:43 AM
MotoGP

mikstr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by captainchaos
Apparently reality tv news is considered more important in our country...
a glowing endictment of modern North American culture......

back to the subject at hand, if anyone can pull through it, it's likely MS... his determination, dedication and work ethic have always set him apart from the crowd....

Last edited by Wolverine; 01-02-2014 at 01:00 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:56 AM
Squid

mdouglas71 is on a distinguished road
Pretty damn tragic right... A skiing accident... Not even racing.
Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Superstock

insulinboy is on a distinguished road
I hope the Stig pulls through

Andy Granatelli passed away Sunday I believe as well.. Bad week for the racing community
Old 01-02-2014, 01:20 PM
SuperBike

skokievtr is on a distinguished road
He's the "Man" and hopefully recovers fully. It's crazy how skiing has taken so many celebrities, I'll stick to 2 wheels and occasionally powered sleds
Old 01-03-2014, 05:56 AM
evil man of nothing
MotoGP

captainchaos is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by insulinboy

Andy Granatelli passed away Sunday I believe as well.. Bad week for the racing community
A close friend of my father's. Thankful he just got to talk to him and wish him a Merry Christmas a couple days before his passing. Apparently less important than Brittney Spears wardrobe malfunction as I didn't even hear about it in the news.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:55 PM
MotoGP

Wolverine is on a distinguished road
update taken from FB

Michael Schumacher's doctors have begun to reduce the seven-time Formula 1 world champion's sedation to begin what they describe as "the waking up process".

Schumacher has been in a coma in a Grenoble hospital since suffering head injuries in a skiing accident on December 29 last year.

His management issued a statement on Thursday announcing that steps towards him waking him from the coma had begun, but that the process could be long.

"Michael's sedation is being reduced in order to allow the start of the waking up process which may take a long time," it read.

"For the protection of the family, it was originally agreed by the interested parties to communicate this information only once this process was consolidated."

Schumacher's management have repeatedly underlined in recent weeks that only information released by them or the hospital should be treated as accurate, amid a global clamour for more news about the injured German.

In Thursday's statement, they reiterated this request while also thanking fans and the F1 community for their support.

"The family of Michael Schumacher is again requesting to respect its privacy and the medical secrets, and to not disturb the doctors treating Michael in their work.

"At the same time, the family wishes to express sincere appreciation for the worldwide sympathy."
Old 02-04-2014, 04:27 PM
Squid

hellboy7 is on a distinguished road
Hopefully we'll have some positive news soon about his condition...

Sounds like he was in the coma for a lot longer than they intended for.