Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Lottery Winnings???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 04:01 PM
Superstock

cdyer77
Lottery Winnings???

So what exactly do you win with the lottery/raffle?
Old 08-14-2004, 09:27 PM
Back Marker

Random
Re: Lottery Winnings???

You bet your "points" on lottery tickets...to win more "points"...to get MORE lottery tickets, to get EVEN MORE points.....

but the points themselves have no purpose at this time. Evenually, they might be "worth" something (discounts, or merchandise?), but that's a long long way off. We'd have to have a lot more members and some paying sponsors willing to give forum members discounts in exchange for points.

Points can serve one purpose. If you give someone points for a "good" post (informative, funny, or whatever you decide is "good") eventually, you will realize that the members with the most "points" are the forum member held in higher regard, and in theory, more trustworthly.

EDIT #1

Something I just found out.... You can only "give" points you have. I somehow ended up with 46 points. I tried to give "cdyer77" 999999 points, it woudn't let me. I kept going down till it would let me, and it would only let me "give" the points I had.(46).

Now...how I got 46 points to begin with.... I dunno. I think you get one point per "post", and I don't have 46 posts yet, so I guess other folks gave em to me.

I hope you enjoy em dude!

Edit #2
Sure enough, when you don't have any points, you can't donate any. I tried to give ChickenLover some, but it wouldn't let me donate even 1 point since I don't have any left. Sorry dude.
Old 08-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Superstock

cdyer77
So its just a vicious circle...

Hey Random, thanks for the points. I shall love and cherish those points as if they were my own...
Old 08-16-2004, 12:03 AM
Back Marker

Random
Re: Lottery Winnings???

Originally Posted by ChickenLover";p=&quot
However, philanthropists like Random kind of mess that up.
You can make it fool proof, but not damn fool proof. I must be a damn fool!

yeah, there are flaws to nearly any system, and almost always going to be a method of "cheating" or "abusing" the rules/guidelines. In large however, If this board takes off, i think you'll find the "points" and "posts" rating system to be fairly effective.

Sure the forum will have "great" members who post good techical articles only once or twice a month, and their points/posts count won't match those who ***** in every post, but that's what moderators are for.

Moderators/Admins can "give" or "award" points as they see fit and "raise up" deserving people and "lower" undeserving people. it's part of a moderators "job description". As a person who has moderated/administered 7 different automotive forums and posts on probably 15 others, I can tell you it's not and easy job, you can never please "everyone". You just do your best to be fair, and keep things on topic, and running smoothly/cleanly.