Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

i think my wenis is bleeding...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 PM
SuperBike

scottiemann is on a distinguished road
i think my wenis is bleeding...

No seriously, that hurt a lot.....

Haven't had a tank slapper that bad in a long time.
Old 09-08-2012, 02:21 PM
the boss
SuperBike

saige is on a distinguished road
ummmmmmm huhhhhhhhh what happen.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
SuperBike

Just one of the many roads under construction on my to/from work... focussing a little to much on the truck in front of me trying to kiss the car in front of them...

Small but deep pothole got the best of me... don't worry as soon as I got home I got in my car and went to the store for beer... all is well now
Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 PM
SuperBike

I live in Massachusetts so I have to avoid potholes as much as I have to avoid ******** on the road
Old 09-08-2012, 04:02 PM
the boss
SuperBike

lol,beer fixes everything,well and Robitussin
Old 09-08-2012, 04:25 PM
Superstock

maniac2313 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saige
lol,beer fixes everything,well and Robitussin
Shake it up mo tussin
Old 09-08-2012, 04:47 PM
SuperBike

On a lighter note I've started compiling a list for my rebuild this winter...
Old 09-08-2012, 05:26 PM
the boss
SuperBike

is a steering damper on there?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:29 PM
SuperBike

Erik S. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottiemann
On a lighter note I've started compiling a list for my rebuild this winter...
What does your list include?
Old 09-08-2012, 05:37 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
I live in Massachusetts so I have to avoid potholes as much as I have to avoid ******** on the road
you mean massholes don't you?.

just kiddin, although from my experiences in mass, there is an element of truth in that descriptor. Not you of course.haha

how much weight do you carry on your clip-ons? heavy hands can exasperate a tank slapper, but sometimes inevitable. Been there.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:59 PM
aja
SuperSport

aja is on a distinguished road
I had a small dip in the road going 140 the other day. It was out in the desert, on a straight stretch with a few small bunny hills and I hit a small section where the base under the asphalt had given way. It was like hitting a gutter dip, boys right into tank then *** thrown up and slammed down thanks to the stock shock. I went straight to the chiropractor, leathers still on haha.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:18 PM
SuperBike

Steering damper, no, IMHO on this bike is unnecessary until proven otherwise and I haven't found any need for it and I ride hard...

I'm always light on my hands, its all in the legs and mid section. I've had this bike since 06 and have had to ride it rain or shine for a lot of it so I know how it handles...

I hit an upside down traffic cone one time that I couldn't see at 5am on a straight doing 80+ it hit my right foot and long story short I ride with a bent brake pedal.. being light on the hands has saved my *** a few times.

I will post my list in a min as I'm on my phone right now and this is a long enough post as is..
Old 09-08-2012, 06:48 PM
SuperBike

and yes there is a lot of truth to calling them massholes... new jersey drivers are just plain oblivious to everyone else on the road and massachusetts drivers are just plain fucktards...

anyways as money is tight but am working on getting a new job the secondary list is the motor list but here it goes...

racetech fork springs, gold valves, new seals, bushings and fluid
custom aluminum subframe and custom fiberglass seat section(cant afford CF yet and want to make sure I am happy with design)
custom lights including headlight because Im going naked
custom fiberglass belly pan(again will go CF when happy with design and have money)
havent decided on gauges yet but am considering one of those koso looking chinese knockoffs for now because money is tight
bracing the swingarm
gsxr 6 pot front calipers rebuilt
all other master cylinders/slave/calipers rebuilt
havent decided on rotors but I do need them
I have 15/43 gearing at the moment but depending on whether or not I can afford the engine build that will change(most likely supersprox rear for weight savings)
possibly a 520 conversion
rear shock redone, still up in the air on that one but definitely needs a raise in the rear
front mount rad most likely sv1000
cnc velocity stacks
taking out my DIY MCCTs and putting in the SUPERDUTYDs that ive had laying around for a while
exhaust is up in the air, if i dont make a custom header then will prob go with dual GP style right under the rear sets
VFR tank mod or custom aluminum tank depending on time and funds
handlebar conversion
high performance clutch and springs
install the shift detent ive had for a while
new hoses
rebuild fuel petcock
rebuild carbs
valve shim
paint paint and more paint

there maybe some things that I forgot on the primary list but here goes the engine list

crank lightened and balanced
carrillo rods
JE high comp pistons
new bearings/seals/gaskets through out
head flow porting
cam regrind
bigger valves/springs/retainers
stick coil mod
possibly an ignitech programmable ecu, Ive spoken to the company directly and price/shipping is very reasonable
paint paint and more paint

Im sure I left some random things out but I will definitely post progress pics when Im into it although with tight money and a 10 month old son to take care of progress will most likely be a snails pace

and I will definitelt be posting wanted ads in the classifieds for various things
Old 09-08-2012, 06:52 PM
SuperBike

and nath you can call me a masshole if you want because I love to brake for tailgaters(couple times a week occurence) but thats the only masshole move I make while im on the road
Old 09-08-2012, 08:41 PM
MotoGP

nath981 is on a distinguished road
and nath you can call me a masshole if you want because I love to brake for tailgaters(couple times a week occurence) but thats the only masshole move I make while im on the road
okay scottie, thanks for that license. I always try to live my life with the understanding that we're all ********, it's just that some of us don't know it.

I'm glad to hear the soft hands and i try to use the legs and core to hold my weight back off the bars. Difficult if you have to squeeze the binders seriously and more so if at lean and/or downhill. I have the T-rex sliders moved a little forward and pegs set back an inch so that i can drop a knee on either(but not both at once) to stop my weight from crushing the cojones. That said . I still have the tech spec tank guard worn bald. Knee pads in riding pants help, takes a little practice to get there quickly, but it's now fairly autonomic.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:37 PM
SuperBike

NHSH is on a distinguished road
Scottie, sounds like time for ball protectors is in order? Oh... maybe from Hockey?
I remember you said you have a list, but that's a long one, you may need a longer winter then the last Let me know if you will need some help
As for the Mass' drivers from my experience, as much as Aholes they get, they not as bad as aggressive Aholes NY average drivers in exception of upstate NY.
In addition Mass drivers actually move faster on any given road then NY, NJ and CT, oh yea, when the hell Connecticut drivers will learn that the left lane is for faster moving vehicles, IT IS ALSO NOT YOUR LANE??? On another note, got to say that New Hampshire drivers are a step up to the entire New England area when it comes to respecting Bikers in general.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:40 AM
SportTouring
Superstock

Onomea is on a distinguished road
Scottie, that list is long-(but distinguished) . Lots of it is on my own list.

Sorry to hear about the Tank slapper and the following effects .

Never had a tank slapper(maybe I haven't ridden as hard) but have seen it on rides I have been on.

Had a good friend on a CBR929 that I ride with that hit a pot hole(?) and did the Tarzan.
He stayed on(thanks to maybe his workouts with weights), but really was disheartening.

Glad that you were able to stay on the bike. I generally ride right up againts the tank with my knees clamped aroung the tank on more challanging conditions. Hard to expect
an unnoticed dip or pothole at times though. Beer "after" the ride works for me also.

Heal Well, Ride Well...
Old 09-09-2012, 08:06 AM
SuperBike

Yea that's why I put the engine components on the second list, that's where the big money is...

Everything else is custom Fab by me which supplies are cheap and I have a knack for finding good deals on the rest...

And yes Ruv I do need a longer winter, I expect I may need your assistance on atleast something on that list
Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Back Marker

ascothawk is on a distinguished road
I used to wear a jock and cup when I rode dirt bikes,until I put a dent in the top of my brand new XR500 when landing from my Evil Knievel impersonation. Pissed me off real bad when I woke up.That was in 1980,missed 6 weeks of work. NEVER tried that again !!!
Old 09-09-2012, 08:48 AM
SuperBike

That sucks..

One thing I will be doing with my custom tail section is seperating the seat in 2 sections, reworking the foam and adjusting the angles.

That and moving the passenger seat forward a little because I'm not a big Guy 5'11" 160#+/- and especially girls of smaller build like to slide forward and crush my manhood.

I still have enough vynil laying around from the last time I reupholstered at the beginning of the season so all I need is foam

Last edited by scottiemann; 09-09-2012 at 10:03 AM.