Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Furkot, an online ride planner

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 AM
Superstock

FTL900 is on a distinguished road
Furkot, an online ride planner

I ran across this app the other day and jumped in with both feet. It's a free online trip planner, and it's very configurable for what you want to do.

https://trips.furkot.com

You can optionally select your ride start time for each day, your ride end time, your fuel range, your estimated speed, (or skip all that) and put together the whole trip either by entering destination address or clicking on a map. It seems to do a better job of finding and following smaller roads than Google Maps does- roads that Google Maps would ignore aren't a problem in FURKOT.

You also have options to turn on or off gas stations (with fuel prices), motels, and other travel features. You can import GPX files, tho I haven't tried that, and it also has a mobile app so once you've created it online, you can follow it with your phone.

You can also share your trip- you can open it up to select others by email address so they can also edit the trip, or you can just share the trip map and details but not allow editing by other people.

Your account must be created online, at https://trips.furkot.com
You can't create an account with the mobile app- create a free account on a PC, then you can login to the mobile app to see or follow the trip you created.

The FURKOT developers are very responsive about updating and improving this app. It's much more intuitive than Basecamp, and I think it's the perfect way to plan and map a trip at a PC, and then follow it in the real world.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:15 PM
Squid

melitele is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by FTL900
The FURKOT developers are very responsive about updating and improving this app.
Thank you FTL900 for your kind words about Furkot.

I am one of Furkot developers and while my personal experience with motorcycles is minimal to non-existent , my goal is to make Furkot meet motorcycle riders' planning needs as best as I possibly can.

I welcome any suggestions about how to make Furkot better for riders. And if you have any questions about how to use it I'll do my best to answer promptly.