Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Ft. Hood

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
Ft. Hood

As most of you have prob heard there was a prob at the base that involved a Major. His name is all over the news.

Brothers, we don't need to escalate this into anything more than it is for now so please be cautious with your comments. Certainly our thoughts go out to the families at this very difficult time of the year. We need to stand together with them and not apart because of our minor differences.

Please wait for this all to fall out. It will.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:04 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Randman is on a distinguished road
At least they got the bastard! Prayers go out to the families involved in this Tragedy...

Last edited by Randman; 11-05-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:17 PM
SuperBike

drew_c14 is on a distinguished road
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
996 new guy
Superstock

FireRescue is on a distinguished road
This is very sad... we went on higher security while this was happening... RIP all those who fought for our country, and were leaving to do so.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by drew_c14
Statements of this nature will not be tolerated on this or any other forum!
Old 11-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Sexual Daredevil
SuperSport

Location: Mother Earth- orbiting around Charlotte, NC. But now over the border in S.C.
motojoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Sad to hear this. T&P.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
+1

Originally Posted by motojoe
Sad to hear this. T&P.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
Have a buddy who i served with at Ft Cambell is now stationed at Ft Hood. I sent him a text, but he hasn't responded. But it ussually takes him a day or two to call me back.

Prayers to the injured and their families.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:38 PM
SuperBike

Apparently he's(the shooter) still alive, maybe we'll get to find some things out after all.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:47 PM
996 new guy
Superstock

FireRescue is on a distinguished road
Authorities said immediately after the shootings that they had killed the suspected shooter, but later in the evening they recanted and said that he was alive and in stable condition at a hospital, watched by a guard.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Just heard the same thing...Perhaps they should cut his ***** off and feed them to him...dunno, just me I guess...
Old 11-05-2009, 08:30 PM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Oh great, 12 dead & 30+ wounded because soldiers on a military base aren't allowed to carry guns. Incredible!
Old 11-05-2009, 10:43 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Oh great, 12 dead & 30+ wounded because soldiers on a military base aren't allowed to carry guns. Incredible!
Exactly right. The ******** who run the government and Pentagon expect military people to defend the country, ship them off to police every turd world bung hole on the planet, but don't trust them to carry sidearms on their own base? That is why 40+ people got shot instead of maybe two or three.

And maybe if Major Jihad Raghead had known he'd be cut down after 3 or 4 shots, he'd have simply put himself out of his own misery without harming anyone else.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:29 PM
Squid

hzryr61 is on a distinguished road
How DARE you try to turn this tragedy into a political spectacle? Have some respect. This is not the time or place. You can start a new thread to spread you political views, but you can't have this one.

My thought and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Kevin B
3/82 FA, 1st CAV 1987-1990
Old 11-06-2009, 07:04 AM
Superstock

alive226 is on a distinguished road
My thoughts and prayers go out to those injured or killed and their families...
Old 11-07-2009, 03:10 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by hzryr61
How DARE you try to turn this tragedy into a political spectacle? Have some respect. This is not the time or place. You can start a new thread to spread you political views, but you can't have this one.

My thought and prayers go out to the victims and their families.

Kevin B
3/82 FA, 1st CAV 1987-1990
It's a "tragedy" when people die in earthquakes, floods and tornadoes. This was mass murder by a long time professed raghead jihadhist, who instead of getting a dishonorable discharge, was promoted by the superior officers who knew exactly who and what he was (because he told them).

From Col. Ralph Peters;

"Hasan isn't the sole guilty party. The US Army's unforgivable political correctness is also to blame for the casualties at Ft. Hood.

Given the myriad warning signs, it's appalling that no action was taken against a man apparently known to praise suicide bombers and openly damn US policy. But no officer in his chain of command, either at Walter Reed Medical Center or at Fort Hood, had the guts to take meaningful action against a dysfunctional soldier and an incompetent doctor.

Now 12 soldiers and a security guard lie dead. 31 soldiers were wounded, 28 of them seriously. If heads don't roll in this maggot's chain of command, the Army will have shamed itself beyond moral redemption.

There's another important issue, too. How could the Army allow an obviously incompetent and dysfunctional psychiatrist to treat our troubled soldiers returning from war? An Islamist whacko is counseled for arguing with veterans who've been assigned to his care? And he's not removed from duty? What planet does the Army live on?

For the first time since I joined the Army in 1976, I'm ashamed of its dereliction of duty. The chain of command protected a budding terrorist who was waving one red flag after another. Because it was safer for careers than doing something about him."

hzryr61, If you want to read the rest of the column, it's here;

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...N7gl7zdsJ31vnJ

If you'd rather continue on with your sanctimonious, politically correct sleepwalk, good luck and God Bless.

Last edited by RK1; 11-07-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:50 AM
SuperBike

+1 and then some.
Old 11-07-2009, 08:12 AM
Moderate-whore
MotoGP

Originally Posted by RK1
It's a "tragedy" when people die in earthquakes, floods and tornadoes. This was mass murder by a long time professed raghead jihadhist, who instead of getting a dishonorable discharge, was promoted by the superior officers who knew exactly who and what he was (because he told them).

From Col. Ralph Peters;

"Hasan isn't the sole guilty party. The US Army's unforgivable political correctness is also to blame for the casualties at Ft. Hood.

Given the myriad warning signs, it's appalling that no action was taken against a man apparently known to praise suicide bombers and openly damn US policy. But no officer in his chain of command, either at Walter Reed Medical Center or at Fort Hood, had the guts to take meaningful action against a dysfunctional soldier and an incompetent doctor.

Now 12 soldiers and a security guard lie dead. 31 soldiers were wounded, 28 of them seriously. If heads don't roll in this maggot's chain of command, the Army will have shamed itself beyond moral redemption.

There's another important issue, too. How could the Army allow an obviously incompetent and dysfunctional psychiatrist to treat our troubled soldiers returning from war? An Islamist whacko is counseled for arguing with veterans who've been assigned to his care? And he's not removed from duty? What planet does the Army live on?

For the first time since I joined the Army in 1976, I'm ashamed of its dereliction of duty. The chain of command protected a budding terrorist who was waving one red flag after another. Because it was safer for careers than doing something about him."

hzryr61, If you want to read the rest of the column, it's here;

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...N7gl7zdsJ31vnJ

If you'd rather continue on with your sanctimonious, politically correct sleepwalk, good luck and God Bless.
Well stated RK...Political or NOT, it's Political....
Old 11-08-2009, 05:29 PM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
+1 RK1
Old 11-08-2009, 07:40 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
When I was in the Navy during the Vietnam era, someone acting like he was would have drawn a General Discharge, at least. He was speaking treason in my opinion.

This PC world we live in is just insane.

Last edited by VTRsurfer; 11-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Duc Hawk
SuperSport

Moto Man is on a distinguished road
It's so sad for all those people at the base that the Army did not get rid of this ******* when they had good reason.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:55 PM
SuperBike

Let's not start jumping to conclusions about what the "Army should have done". There are still way to many unknowns.

- Was he actually connected with a terrorist group or just trying to be
- If so was the Army told about it
- Did he show any signs of posing a threat or did he appear to be all rhetoric and no action
- Was he more valuable of an asset to intelligence if he was allowed to operate and potentially bring out more "dangerous" people from the shadows

I understand that people are dead, and of course we're all upset about that. Let's just be careful about throwing blame around when we don't understand all the facts. If it were up to me and I thought that I could use this person to unknowingly gather intelligence, and he appeared to pose no immediate threat, I would keep him around too.

P.S. this post was directed at no one specific, I just see the waters starting to boil and wanted to throw in my .02
Old 11-09-2009, 04:24 PM
SuperBike

Originally Posted by drew_c14
Was he more valuable of an asset to intelligence if he was allowed to operate and potentially bring out more "dangerous" people from the shadows

I understand that people are dead, and of course we're all upset about that. Let's just be careful about throwing blame around when we don't understand all the facts. If it were up to me and I thought that I could use this person to unknowingly gather intelligence, and he appeared to pose no immediate threat, I would keep him around too.
I think there's a good chance you're right. I mean this guy was making no effort to hide where he stood. In fact, just the opposite. Many people both inside & outside the military apparently knew he was more pro-radical Islam than pro-American.

I heard on the news that within 4 hours the FBI came out to say it wasn't investigating this as a terrorist act. This could blow up in their faces if it turns out they were aware of him all along.

I believe there's a good chance they wanted to send him to the Middle East to see what contacts he might cultivate in theatre.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:32 PM
RK1
MotoGP

"U.S. Army told of Hasan's contacts with al Qaeda"

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/fort-h...ory?id=9030873
Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Muslim soldier Nidal Hisan to fellow (non Muslim) military doctors...

"We love death more then (sic) you love life!"

http://michellemalkin.com/2009/11/09...you-love-life/
Old 11-09-2009, 11:10 PM
RK1
MotoGP

9/11 link in Fort Hood slay spree.

http://www.nypost.com/f/print/news/n...vdr8WBocxSgNUI
Old 11-09-2009, 11:27 PM
RK1
MotoGP

More unsurprising news...

http://pajamasmedia.com/instapundit/88156/

"But you know, If you'd complained someone might have called you a 'racist'".
Old 11-09-2009, 11:31 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Army ignored warning signs from Fort Hood shooter, former classmate says.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,573469,00.html
Old 11-10-2009, 01:08 AM
Squid

hzryr61 is on a distinguished road
I felt this post was to focus on the pain and sorrow that must be felt by the victims and families of this event, and to sympathise with them. I guess you feel otherwise. I am not going to argue with your point of view. When people are injured are killed, no matter who is at fault, I’m sure their families are affected. When that happens, I feel it is a tragedy.

Old 11-10-2009, 04:56 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
You're right and I started this thread hoping we could start to conclude the grieving process before we start the carnivorous part. My heart went out to the families of the lost immediately but I didn't foresee the landslide of info on the Major this close to the event.

I really thought this would take at least a couple weeks after the burials that this **** would come out. I was wrong.

It's one thing to grieve the loss of friends, loved ones, comrades in arms. It's a whole 'nother game when it's betrayal.

Quick Reply: Ft. Hood