disneyland / legoland CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
SuperBike

trinc is on a distinguished road
disneyland / legoland CA

looking for recommendations.

i'll fly down & rent a car...

the plan is 2 days a disneyland and 4 days in carlsbad. i've got a few recommendations near disneyland but i don't know anybody thats been
to carlsbad. i'd prefer not to stay across from legoland... i'd rather stay at the beach.

so, can anybody recommend a good hotel or an area beach thats suitable for young kids ( 7 & 9yrs ) in the carlsbad area ?

will be going 1 or 2nd week in april.

tim
Old 01-12-2009, 07:28 PM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Can't help with Carlsbad, but I'm about a mile from Disneyland if I can help while you're here.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Back Marker

SD Hawk is on a distinguished road
Lived in Carlsbad for 5 years. Now I'm back in San Diego, and I miss Carlsbad a ton. Keep in mind water is still cold in April, also the beach can be rocky just based on season and tides, and you can run into early fog that does not burn off till noon, sun till 3 or 4 then the fog roles in again, call it May Gray or June Gloom, then again you could get 80’s like it’s been for the past 3 days!!!!!

There is a newish Hilton property south Carlsbad. About 3 miles from Legoland, and across the street from the beach and about 2 miles from "downtown" Carlsbad. Also you may want to research the "Surf Motel" right in town, across form the beach, lots of road noise and traffic, but a terrific location for town, beach and no driving/parking issues.

Take a look at Encinitas too. Little further south, but a funky kinda 70's beach town (actually going more “upscale” in the past 5 years or so), cool little shops, restaurants and again nice beaches...Check out Moonlite with the kids, or Beacon or Swamis to look for Dolphins and watch the surfers.

Breakfast burrito’s best bet Pipes in Cardiff. It’s one of my standards to take out of town guests, nothing special, except burritos the size of cinder blocks….

North County San Diego is pretty mellow, so don’t’ expect to much in the way of nightlife, but with little ones, I assume that’s not really what you are after. If so, check out Pacific Beach and the Gas Lamp Qtr. Downtown.

IM me if you need any details on your research. Oh yeah, check out tripadvisor.com too. I use this site a lot for my travels.
www.tripadvisor.com
http://dknhotels.rtrk.com/?scid=601955&kw=4944591:3269
http://www.hiltoncarlsbad.com/
Old 01-13-2009, 05:01 AM
SuperBike

finepooch is on a distinguished road
legoland looks fun. i'll be at the lego thing in disneyworld in a couple weeks but i don't think it's the same thing.