Everything Else Anything and everything NON-VTR related

Despite his weirdness, I regret his death

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Despite his weirdness, I regret his death

Being one of the 'senior' members here, I grew up listening to Michael Jackson, the Jackson 5 and later (it was unavoidable). I stopped listening to 'popular' music early on, but I can't deny the enormous impact he had on music and culture in general. Popular culture has been one of the strongest US exports since at least the 50s, and Jackson was at the top longer than most.
Old 06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Back Marker

malahhaor is on a distinguished road
A very thought and strange journey through life. So many fans, so much fame and money, yet still probably the loneliest person in the world. Yet he managed to influenced the entire world.
I was never a fan, even though listened to some of the songs, still feel somewhat saddened by his departure. This will impact everyone almost as much as Princes Diane's passing. Many , many many fans around the world.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:06 AM
SuperBike

RickB is on a distinguished road
He wasn't on my list of top performers but RIP Michael...
Old 06-26-2009, 10:19 AM
Back Marker

epleeds is on a distinguished road
It just amazes me that the news is making him out to be a saint. Yes, he was a good artist, but he was a child molester....he got what he deserved...
Old 06-26-2009, 11:26 AM
SuperBike

L8RGYZ is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure if he molested children or not. Never proven in court, but pretty likely.

Amazing talent, but weird. Too much crotch grabbin' for me, but I liked his music & performance in general.

I remember where I was when JFK was assassinated, the Challenger blew up and the Twin Towers fell. When Elvis & Michael Jackson died is just another day.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:01 PM
guru of things sparky
SuperSport

Circuit_Burner is on a distinguished road
I didnt feel so wierd as long as MJ was alive and kicking.
Now that hes gone, I feel stranger.
Maybe if I stop wearing my one olympia suberbike glove to the supermarket, and change my shade of lipstick to a more peachy shade, I wont stand out as much.

MJ, you devil.
You wanted a comeback, and now youve outdone even yourself.
Now you are legend, and your stock rises.
Maybe you are smarter than us all.
Enjoy what we wont see till the end.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
RIP
Old 06-26-2009, 01:29 PM
Squid

jonnyd is on a distinguished road
Regardless of what he's been lately, his influence will stand forever. King of Pop, RIP.

Did anyone else find it funny (and very cool) that MTV was *actually* playing MUSIC VIDEOS last night?
Old 06-26-2009, 01:38 PM
SuperBike

k-d-williams is on a distinguished road
To me there were 2 Micheal Jacksons. One was a Pop Icon of his younger years thru the 70's and 80's. And yes I like every other teenager at the time listened to his music and loved it.

Then there was MJ Two, who became what ever it was that he became!

Too bad that he didn't pass away in the late 80's, he would have been remembered as one of the worlds greatest entertainers, but instead he will be remembered as a "Pop Icon turned Pedophile" Too bad!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
mildly retarded
SuperBike

j shizzy wizzy is on a distinguished road
"Only in America!.....can a poor black boy, grow up to be a rich white man!"
Old 06-26-2009, 01:49 PM
SuperSport

chickenstrip
Originally Posted by L8RGYZ
Not sure if he molested children or not. Never proven in court, but pretty likely.

Amazing talent, but weird. Too much crotch grabbin' for me, but I liked his music & performance in general.

I remember where I was when JFK was assassinated, the Challenger blew up and the Twin Towers fell. When Elvis & Michael Jackson died is just another day.
Man, you're older than you look!
Old 06-26-2009, 02:22 PM
MotoGP

VTRsurfer is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
True, yet there are many who still call us a racist nation.

I was never a fan. Being 23 years old when the Jackson 5 came on the scene, I was listening to The Stones, Bob Dylan, Led Zeppelin, The Chambers Brothers, etc. All of whose music was miles ahead of the Bubble Gum Pop of the Jacksons.

I was not surprised by his death.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:05 PM
RK1
MotoGP

RK1 is on a distinguished road
It's a bad news/good news thing.

Bad news?

Radio and TV gonna be 24/7 MJ for a couple of weeks, reminding us all how shallow and depraved our culture has become.

Good news?

After that it will mostly be over, and parents in Jackson's neighborhood can let their boy childs go out and play unsupervised again.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:55 AM
I could ride in
SuperBike

LineArrayNut is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
It's a bad news/good news thing.

Bad news?

Radio and TV gonna be 24/7 MJ for a couple of weeks, reminding us all how shallow and depraved our culture has become.

Good news?

After that it will mostly be over, and parents in Jackson's neighborhood can let their boy childs go out and play unsupervised again.
+1
Old 06-27-2009, 07:23 AM
Back Marker

doggerman is on a distinguished road
So Farrah Fawcit walks up to the pearly gates and God says, welcome to heaven you get one wish.Farrah say's, I wish for all the childen in the world to be safe.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:40 AM
Honducati
SuperSport

jbaxx is on a distinguished road
Never a fan of MJ but IMO was one of the most naturally gifted performers ever.. but yeah, got real weird.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:01 PM
SuperSport

PUSHrod is on a distinguished road
But it was the likes of Berry Gordy and Motown that made Jacko possible, sure he had talent but he was a pedophile monster. Undeserving of adulation regardless of expressed talent.

No one applauds Hitler for the autobahn or making the trains run on time, right? If rabid fans of MJ want to deify him, then I look askance at the fans and tend to keep a safe distance. Waaaay to much ick for me.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:06 PM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by j shizzy wizzy
You got the joke wrong. It's only in America can a poor black boy grow up to be a rich white woman.
Sad and weird end to a sad and weird life.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:20 PM
Back Marker

Liquidogged is on a distinguished road
I think it's funny that many seem to take it for granted that he was a pedophile - it was never actually proven in court. Same thing happened to OJ - he beat the rap but lots of people still claimed he was guilty. I know MJ settled out of court for that one case, which doesn't suggest innocence, but then you've got to look at it like this: if a guy has a lot of money, and is really weird, and people are suspicious of him, then it's pretty easy to make him look bad and get some money out of it. OR maybe did really abuse kids. It's certainly entirely possible.

All that aside, he was a musical genius. As a musician myself, it's impossible to overstate the effect he had on popular culture ever since Thriller hit the shelves in '82. With a level of talent like that, it's almost not surprising that he turned out so strange - aren't the brilliant ones always totally bizarre?

RIP.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:23 PM
MotoGP

nuhawk is on a distinguished road
When the train pulled away from the station all was well. Along the way there was an accident that became a - it's been years but the perpetual motion of the train-wreck has finally come to silence.

God help his kids and his creditors. For all their innocent beginnings, this is probably the most fukt up family on the planet.
Old 06-27-2009, 07:56 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Three big celebrities died in the past couple of weeks. Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon.

Which one gets the most media attention? The sick **** black pedophile ****** who dedicated his life to trying to look like a white woman.

The least attention?

The USMC WW2 fighter pilot who re-enlisted when he didn't have to to fly again in the Korean War.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Superstock

maverick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by RK1
Three big celebrities died in the past couple of weeks. Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon.

Which one gets the most media attention? The sick **** black pedophile ****** who dedicated his life to trying to look like a white woman.

The least attention?

The USMC WW2 fighter pilot who re-enlisted when he didn't have to to fly again in the Korean War.

Wow, apart from the overt racism and sexism, he was never found guilty. Just to play devil's advocate here, isn't it possible that one mother was suspicious(legitimately or otherwise) and then every other mother either saw the possibility for millions, or got that mob mentality and went on a witch hunt? That's not necessarily what I believe, I'm just saying nothing was ever proven, and such things have happened before...
Old 06-27-2009, 08:17 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by maverick
Wow, apart from the overt racism and sexism, he was never found guilty. Just to play devil's advocate here, isn't it possible that one mother was suspicious(legitimately or otherwise) and then every other mother either saw the possibility for millions, or got that mob mentality and went on a witch hunt? That's not necessarily what I believe, I'm just saying nothing was ever proven, and such things have happened before...
Maverick;

Don't see what racism has to do with it. If a white pedophile was coloring his skin black to pick up little black boys, I'd have the same attitude.

Sexism? Huh? Where's the sexism?

Al Capone was never convicted of anything but tax evasion. Pardon me for believing he was a Mafia gangster and murderer anyhow.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RK1
The sick **** black pedophile ******
Not sexism, bigotry. Silly me.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:58 PM
RK1
MotoGP

Let me ask you this Mav;

If you knew a middle aged guy who spent a fortune to build a "neverland" amusement park to attract pre puberty boys, so he could invite them over for milk, cookies and spend the night in his bed, would you consider he might be a pedophile? A sick ****? Just asking.

If a middle aged man has no interest in women but is obsessed with 8 year old boys, do you think he might be a pedophile ******?

Last time I looked, and despite his best efforts and millions of dollars on skin dye and plastic surgery, Michael Jackson was still born black. If a white guy spent millions of dollars on skin dye and plastic surgery to make himself appear to be black wouldn't you think he might be mentally sick?

Last edited by RK1; 06-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Back Marker

Red_Liner740 is on a distinguished road
So i guess you can cure cancer and aids but if you mess up once in your life thats it, you're branded...

come on....he was weird, no doubt about it, FAR FAR left field, but hes accomplishments in the 80's and early 90's....nobody can come near that...he's definitively influenced every one of us in one way or another, maybe not directly....

like someone said....had he died early 90's he would be a god right now....bigger then Elvis
Old 06-28-2009, 12:38 AM
Superstock

Originally Posted by RK1
Let me ask you this Mav;

If you knew a middle aged guy who spent a fortune to build a "neverland" amusement park to attract pre puberty boys, so he could invite them over for milk, cookies and spend the night in his bed, would you consider he might be a pedophile? A sick ****? Just asking.

If a middle aged man has no interest in women but is obsessed with 8 year old boys, do you think he might be a pedophile ******?

Last time I looked, and despite his best efforts and millions of dollars on skin dye and plastic surgery, Michael Jackson was still born black. If a white guy spent millions of dollars on skin dye and plastic surgery to make himself appear to be black wouldn't you think he might be mentally sick?
I never said he was innocent. I was just commenting on how you were bashing gays, and also why you care so much that a black man has a skin disease (vitiligo) and therefore has pale skin... doesn't make much sense to me...
Old 06-28-2009, 12:52 AM
SuperBike

killer5280 is on a distinguished road
The skin disease thing is a load of crap. He tried to turn himself white.

I can't believe anyone is defending Michael Jackson. The guy was a junkie, pedophile train wreck.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:15 AM
RK1
MotoGP

Originally Posted by maverick
I never said he was innocent. I was just commenting on how you were bashing gays, and also why you care so much that a black man has a skin disease (vitiligo) and therefore has pale skin... doesn't make much sense to me...
I really don't care about "gay" one way or the other except maybe when it's a grown man having sleepovers with little boys.

I don't care that Jackson was black either, just can't help but notice it was something he seemed very unhappy about himself.

Mostly I'm just amazed at the whole celebrity worship thing. People praising, or at least defending in a "star" what they would instinctively recognize as sick, creepy and deviant in a guy who lived across the street.

And sometimes I can't help pulling the chain of folks when they get a bit serious and self righteous with the politically correct speech and thought police routine.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:01 PM
SuperSport

mboe794 is on a distinguished road
Maybe this is a little distasteful, but I sure got a kick out of it.

http://www.kontraband.com/videos/182...n-Lajoie/#show

Quick Reply: Despite his weirdness, I regret his death